Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chances that this robe will stain his ugly prune head?

The way things have been with HT lately I feel like I should run electrical tape along the inside of the hood to avoid problems in a few months.

ok so wht did you PO or order with or w/o chair? cuz i cant decide on if chair is necessary in collect or not...

also im speculating the instructions warn of robe dyeing the skin of course correct?

this, im guessing there is a 100% chance. doin same with my obi but with abit or plastic from the wrap the box came in.

Were there other recent HT figures with this problem? Maybe washing the robe could help?

Instant preorder!!!

(First pics)

CANCEL!!!

(Later Pics)

Where can I get this guys hes all sold out?!?!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

So true. There was a crazy post on a FB group with a dude being worried about stitching on the robe from just a couple pics we've see these days, hilarious.

Oh no....I drop into another sideshow forums thread with excitement for this figure after watching the first videos only to find yet another figure-bashing routine. Got 3 pages back and gave up.

Looks fantastic and can't wait to get it.

So true. There was a crazy post on a FB group with a dude being worried about stitching on the robe from just a couple pics we've see these days, hilarious.

The seams on the visible sides of the sleeves seem pretty grand canyon in the toys-tv video though. Hopefully they'll lay flat okay. Mine's going to be posed standing up with arms bent so should be okay for those poses.

Oh no....I drop into another sideshow forums thread with excitement for this figure after watching the first videos only to find yet another figure-bashing routine. Got 3 pages back and gave up.

Looks fantastic and can't wait to get it.

Standard procedure unfortunately. Happens for every figure.

Just have to skip over the ridiculous stuff and focus on legitimate concerns and decent information.

Would placing a small spotlight on the ground under the lightening forks give them a more lit up effect?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Standard procedure unfortunately. Happens for every figure.

everything-is-proceeding-as-i-have-foreseen.jpg

Looks good enough. Palpatine was never in direct light anyways, so his hood will hide a lot of problems.

I might try getting the eyes repainted eventually. They were much lighter in the movie. Mandible's color correction looks great.

70EfC0f.png

Does anyone know if his hood has a wire going through it for easier futzing?

Last edited:
Looks good enough. Palpatine was never in direct light anyways, so his hood will hide a lot of problems.

I might try getting the eyes repainted eventually. They were much lighter in the movie. Mandible's color correction looks great.

70EfC0f.png

Does anyone know if his hood has a wire going through it for easier futzing?

These first releases should in theory be a first batch where small changes can be made for the main run. I guess if enough people said something the eyes could be fixed. But I guess that's a difficult one. Need to inform them on Facebook or somewhere.

Umm... I’m not sure what you were trying to accomplish but if it was to make me think of a Scotsman’s bagpipe you win.
f5bca16c2afd38f76ddf2198378c5991.jpg

These first releases should in theory be a first batch where small changes can be made for the main run. I guess if enough people said something the eyes could be fixed. But I guess that's a difficult one. Need to inform them on Facebook or somewhere.

I’m just curious, but has Hot Toys ever made changes to a figure in a “second batch”? I’ve noticed people have mentioned that before but I haven’t seen any instances of it actually happening.

Why bother to post photos of figure in the box? What's interesting about it? Yey, you've got the figure! Cool, cool ...

Why bother to post photos of figure in the box? What's interesting about it? Yey, you've got the figure! Cool, cool ...

Because some people might be interested, I can’t go backwards once I’ve gone forwards.
Just trying to be considerate to all who may have questions ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back