Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Standing pose for me.

Palpatine would be mine last 1/6 Hot Toys SW in this year so Im pretty excited... Obiwan ROTS will start 2019 collecting year.

Ok so who can tell me the dimensions of the throne ? Ie most important how far from extreme front to back ?

Want to know if it'll fit in my display ok.

C'mon guys has only gotta take you a minute.

First to do it wins the internet today [emoji3][emoji3]

Ummmm [emoji1327]

They gave us the drunk palpatine expression so they can milk us for another $250 in a few years. How was this not a dx set with 2 sculpts? His creepy smile makes him look like a pedo or that Mara jade just sent him a naked selfie (or naked force projection). Take that Luke!

Standing pose for me.

Palpatine would be mine last 1/6 Hot Toys SW in this year so Im pretty excited... Obiwan ROTS will start 2019 collecting year.
Same. Will be good to have a break until April or May haha. But then it starts back up again with Dooku, Yoda, Maul, and QS Vader. Its a vicious cycle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd call this a solid release, but it's not quite at the level I was expecting when they first announced a HT Emperor. Its a nice sculpt, but I really would have loved a HT upgrade on what Sideshow did - a neutral/brooding/smirking sculpt and then the rage face Palps. The Sideshow robe is pretty meh but this one - while a better fabric - just seems to thick and double sewn, especially the arms and hood.

The throne is a big improvement over the Sideshow one though - the whole top section of the SSC one is about 30% undersized.

Good to know about the throne. I have the deluxe on order. I may keep it and use the hands, lightning and inner robe on my custom Palps and make a custom ROTS Palps out of the sculpt. I think it suits him in that movie a lot more than ROTJ.

While I'm glad they added the lightsaber emitter to Luke's lightsaber (it wasn't really possible for MMS429 as there won't be place to insert the blade), but I'm slightly disappointed that they did not fix the position of the red and green lights on it. Apart from that I am pretty impressed by the accuracy of the accessories and the lightning effect, but I agree with the majority here that the throne should have been way lower to allow his feet to touch the ground seeing that not everyone will display him with the stand in front.

So how does this throne compare to the original SS in size and sculpt detail?

Does anyone have both yet that could post some nice comparison pics?

I'm curious about this too. Till my HT Palps and Throne arrive and be able to make a comparison myself, I'll look for someone else to maybe do this

“Only through me you can achieve a power greater than any Jedi”. 🧐
46b8a05a9ba0d76708f7e289b51073bb.jpg
d799a6478b1e8e47b70b117c71ff8c6a.jpg
9df3ab23ae6acaf9d0e561967ab764bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about this too. Till my HT Palps and Throne arrive and be able to make a comparison myself, I'll look for someone else to maybe do this

Many have been asking for details. Unfortunately doesn't seem like anyone is interested in doing this.

Vader is theoretically a tall character, so Anakin is about accurate. And yeah, the consensus has always been that the stock robe for Anakin is basically crap. Lol.

welp, I'm sold 100% on this figure. Will be the last 1/6 purchase for me for 2018 no doubt. Just the regular version for me. Chair looks nice, but the dangling feet kill it for me personally.

“Only through me you can achieve a power greater than any Jedi”. 🧐
d799a6478b1e8e47b70b117c71ff8c6a.jpg

Nice photo, but Anakin's robe looks awfully short there. I know overall it's short, by mine isn't that short. Mine at least comes down to just about his heel and only about a 1/2 inch from touching the base. Mine looks more like The Emperor's robe in your shot, just shy of full length.

Back