Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, great review Toys.:clap

Even though the expression wouldn't have been my first choice, it really does look great there. Love the final pose in the video with the hand over the saber.:clap

The two issues I have are the robe and the height of the throne (making his feet swing like a kid in an adult chair.) According to to ref pics, the HT throne already should be just a tad higher off the floor to be correct, but it needs to be lowered by a good 1/4" or so. It looks like you'd have to saw off the top of the large peg it sits on in order to get a kind of "low-rider" throne so his feet can touch the floor (or come close to it) but I feel like that's going to look weird being so low.

I think the best solution might just be to extend his legs/feet a bit (maybe by pulling the the knee joint out a bit if possible) but it might look funky. It's not a huge deal because its brown boots against a black throne, and the lower robes can hide it to some degree, but it is a bummer it turned out like that.

The robe I'm really not liking much - that big, over-sewn and layered seam running down the arms really spoils it and overall it just has a bit of a canvas bag look about it. I guess it's fine because it's black and can be hidden a bit while he's sitting, and the arms bent while standing helps, but this figure is really only a robe and a head, so it matters.

In the box art, the robe looks awesome however.:lol

It seems the throne is too deep, causing the Emperor to slouch way to much. That may be another reason why the feet will not sit flat to the floor. Also, the base of the throne is not accurate. The movie version has the base with a more ornate baroque design.

This makes him look like he has been watching football all day and just ate a bucket of wings.

No wonder why the Emperor is evil, his back must be killing him!!

I am really thinking about getting the chair now. Even if I just use it as a background piece.

I think it turned out amazing to be honest. While I would have liked a neutral expression, the smiling one does bring the figure alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the under garment back on, trying the cane look for a bit.

I love the material for the cloak, but it is doubled up on the hood, and the inside body of the cloak has a darker silky material, which you never see in the film. Am tempted to attempt major alterations on the cloak, like removing the extra layer from the hood, and the liner from the body of the cloak. The problem is “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny”

I mean:

Once I do that, there’s no turning back ...

It could look brilliant

It could be a complete unmitigated disaster

Don’t know if I’m that brave ...

My point is the double layering of all of the material, really makes it look stiff and bulky.

I also now realize that the under garment is critical, as you do see it when his robe is open ...

fafd279af4004d9756bc87bdcbd88a40.jpg

7400d38d3bb667ba01de5d51fa62c39b.jpg
d9a38eea7ef9bda5ab5686e8bf505e78.png
2a5883b4f3a78f979b214afefc2243ef.png

e2c862d3376a5905ffcd678c7847b030.png

If the only problem is the fact that the chair is too deep, then Hot toys did an amazing job lol. Hot Toys is like lego they got you guys with the different expressions, there will be another emperor with a neutral face watch.

Yep, Yondu level sculpt confirmed. They kinda had to hit a home run since the emperor is literally a face with a robe. And pale veiny hands. Grail right there, now where is my Sideshow shipping notice :impatient:

Part of the problem with the chair is it's plastic against plastic, not the emperor's human @$$ contoured on a cushioned chair. So a little tricky for it to look natural. That said it does appear to have some minor shortcomings, but still looks terrific.

Put the under garment back on, trying the cane look for a bit.

I love the material for the cloak, but it is doubled up on the hood, and the inside body of the cloak has a darker silky material, which you never see in the film. Am tempted to attempt major alterations on the cloak, like removing the extra layer from the hood, and the liner from the body of the cloak. The problem is “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny”

I mean:

Once I do that, there’s no turning back ...

It could look brilliant

It could be a complete unmitigated disaster

Don’t know if I’m that brave ...

My point is the double layering of all of the material, really makes it look stiff and bulky.

I also now realize that the under garment is critical, as you do see it when his robe is open ...

fafd279af4004d9756bc87bdcbd88a40.jpg

7400d38d3bb667ba01de5d51fa62c39b.jpg
d9a38eea7ef9bda5ab5686e8bf505e78.png
2a5883b4f3a78f979b214afefc2243ef.png

e2c862d3376a5905ffcd678c7847b030.png

i still feel like if you snipped those threads holding the hood up, would allow it to hang better towards the shoulder and even more forward around his face

Are you getting this?

Not sure... Can't decide. I know if I get this, then I'll want a Royal Guard... or 2.

I'm torn between getting this, ESB DX Fett (have SS) and ESB Vader (have HT ANH upgraded, SS ANH & SS ESB/ROTJ DX). I have $270 in SS rewards sitting there staring at me...

I had the original SS Emperor Ex, but sold it to a friend immediately upon receiving. I never opened it.

So I guess you can't make him slouch at all so his feet touch the floor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ok so who can tell me the dimensions of the throne ? Ie most important how far from extreme front to back ?

Want to know if it'll fit in my display ok.

C'mon guys has only gotta take you a minute.

First to do it wins the internet today [emoji3][emoji3]

Does anyone know how Joost’s throne compares to Hot Toys? If I remember correctly it had less padding sculpted at the seat.

Ok so who can tell me the dimensions of the throne ? Ie most important how far from extreme front to back ?

Want to know if it'll fit in my display ok.

C'mon guys has only gotta take you a minute.

First to do it wins the internet today [emoji3][emoji3]
Yes, I was curious of this too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“Take your weapon...strike me down with all your hatred!” [emoji44]
ab30192b755b625e12cfcf06675344ad.jpg

Back