Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to see any in hand pics that make me think this is a great figure (not that the pics are bad) or that the throne is any better than Sideshows. Seriously considering cancelling my order.

Yeah the pic looks a lil suggestive.

But I like that it shows a contrast between the skin tones. Man the emperor looking great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There wont be another high end Hot Toys OT Emperor at least for years, unless you want Darth Sidious ROTS (red robe with LS) which i believe will be coming at some points.

Im keeping my PO, well already paid 30% deposit for the Deluxe, bought 2 guards....just too late to get out now

My other family. [emoji847]
63f6a962c93ac3e9a76d61dedbac14b0.jpg

“Take your weapon...strike me down with all your hatred!” [emoji44]
ab30192b755b625e12cfcf06675344ad.jpg

Help me... take this... robe off. Let me look on you with my own eyes...

I have yet to see any in hand pics that make me think this is a great figure (not that the pics are bad) or that the throne is any better than Sideshows. Seriously considering cancelling my order.

Yeah, I'd call this a solid release, but it's not quite at the level I was expecting when they first announced a HT Emperor. Its a nice sculpt, but I really would have loved a HT upgrade on what Sideshow did - a neutral/brooding/smirking sculpt and then the rage face Palps. The Sideshow robe is pretty meh but this one - while a better fabric - just seems to thick and double sewn, especially the arms and hood.

The throne is a big improvement over the Sideshow one though - the whole top section of the SSC one is about 30% undersized.

Looks great. Wish we got another head sculpt with Palp's looking sullen which cheeks sunken.

that`s an old photo I think that`s before the repaint but get an idea. I will try to incorporate my custom on to this hot toys body once he comes out so I could have the option of two different sculpts to display.

“Take your weapon...strike me down with all your hatred!” [emoji44]
ab30192b755b625e12cfcf06675344ad.jpg

Great pic. Both figures look awesome.

Perhaps not the best pose though. :lol

Help me... take this... robe off. Let me look on you with my own eyes...

This made me literally lol.

——-

Levity aside, I actually think this figure looks better standing up than he does on the throne.

Good thing you didn't buy the throne, eh?

Indeed. Though I wouldn’t have gotten the throne regardless. No display space for it unfortunately, so even if I thought that he looked better on the throne, I would have had to find a way to make do without it.

But yeah, it helps after looking at others’ in hand pics and seeing that he seems to look better standing up anyway.

I thought that about the Sideshow Emperor too... looked better just standing. Things drape better.

Of course, some master futzers here will make the chair look good I'm sure. It's all in getting that robe to settle. Desperately needs water treatment... I don't know why people are so fearful of water.

Everyone here used to fear the iron until that was the only fix for their Royal Guards. Come on, guys, try the water. What could be safer than water?

Right? :lol

Although regarding the throne vs. standing up, I think part of it is the expression on the sculpt. Unless you’re going for a display scene when Luke and Vader locked blades and Emps was cackling, the grin to me just comes across as goofy if you have him sitting there by himself. It looks as if he’s had one too many and is feeling happy, and he’s slouched in his chair.

Standing up either holding Luke’s saber hilt in one hand, or standing with his hands in front of him like a Velociraptor (like what IAT has, sans Luke on his knees in front of him), I’m thinking is the way to go.

Back