Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that have him, can the robe be opened a bit to show the under garment? The fully closed robe looks wrong, especially when he's sitting. He looks like a potato sack with it fully closed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

For a 1:6 chair with a 1:1 price tag seems like they dropped the ball. Vader should fit fine on the throne tho :lol

0c6ce94fd6b7dd97a3dbb7d5eac2ecf1.jpg

Heck yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the other side-by-side pics with Vader I have it seems like the top of Palps' head comes up to just below the tusks on Vader's facemask.

Yeah we all know the heights of these things seem to change scene to scene

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

:lol

Where the hell did that picture come from?

Vader's betrayal take-over -- the lost scenes.

There are a lot on ROTJ funny pics. Just google ROTJ promo pics and stuff like that.

Maybe he’s using the force to make them bad, who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will take comparison photos of HT and SSC versions, but my distributor will get the HT Emperor and Throne only next year, so it will be a long wait

Thanks JKNO. I'll also get it in a couple of months. Just want to pre-plan the display. There are a couple of others also after rough dimensions of the throne.

I really thought a simple dimension like the depth, height and width could have been quickly given by one of the guys that have this already.

I also thought this forum and thread was a decent place (aside from the occasional heated "debate") where people also help each other. If people have reasonable questions I would always help.

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed.

But again thanks. I'll still be interested in your comparison when you get yours.

Is anyone who was originally planning on getting the throne dropping it due to the fact his feet don’t touch the floor? Does it bother anyone enough to change their mind? (Not counting if you already weren’t buying the deluxe of course)

I’m keeping my throne order, but just curious.

Yep, that’s the sculpt, davejames. I got that one and the grinning one. Dang fine job on both and I much prefer the serious expression for general display than the open mouthed smile HT chose.

Such a bare bones release as this, especially without the throne screams for a second headsculpt. But I think the one they chose fits spot on with the character especially if you take into account his demeanor in both Epsode 3 & 6.. scheming crazy cackling geezer he was

Is anyone who was originally planning on getting the throne dropping it due to the fact his feet don’t touch the floor? Does it bother anyone enough to change their mind? (Not counting if you already weren’t buying the deluxe of course)

The dangling feet thing definitely swayed me away from buying it. Was fairly convinced on getting it before i saw that. For the money it's costing, there's no excuse for something to be that off, and basically I would be paying for just a background prop. Very interested in seeing HT Palps in the Jazzinc chair though, maybe that's the way to go?

I do love the figure though, and plan on getting the single release for sure.

Lot of gripes about the chair version but wait a couple years and see what it's selling for. Can already hear the crying about eBay scalpers and how people "missed out".

I was always planning to make the chair more of a background piece anyway, so I'm not too bothered by the seating issue. And putting the base in front for his feet to rest on seems like a decent enough solution to me.

Once I get mine I'll be interested to see how it looks with the base in front of the throne. At least his feet will be a lot closer to that and the name plate will be consistent with the others in the display.

But I guess that isn't movie accurate. Modifying the base peg is another option. So a difficult choice what to do really.

I’m keeping my order, but I’m really disappointed. Both with the high chair throne and smiling expression. Maybe in hand I’ll like it, but right now I am not excited for this release at all. I used 150 reward points too. Hopefully with futzing and modifications...

Back