Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to go chairless....then I thought I should just get the deluxe....now I read the chair is screwed up and is too high...

I just want Palps with his cane. Maybe I’ll just sell off the chair to off-set some of the deluxe’s cost?

I’m sure I can make that $100 easy, at the very minimum:dunno

I put the throne behind as decoration mostly, so the throne's height really not an issue to me.

I “may” put the effort into a resin cast of the base with shortened peg. I have to see what I would be working with.

I could offer some to the freaks....I would need to gauge the cost/time factor....and of course interest.

Would be a straight forward recast of the part with a cut down peg, and basic paint.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I'd be interested!

My SSC Emperor's feet never touched the ground on my SSC Throne. I sold my SSC Emperor and kept the SSC Throne. Be interested to see how he looks on the old Throne.

This is my old set up with Palps pushed all the way forward so his feet would touch the ground.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
8bba4a2164db35cb73e6d4004d558770.jpg

I “may” put the effort into a resin cast of the base with shortened peg. I have to see what I would be working with.

I could offer some to the freaks....I would need to gauge the cost/time factor....and of course interest.

Would be a straight forward recast of the part with a cut down peg, and basic paint.

I’m in

Interested as well!

Yeah... it was too small. I sold the set after only having it for about a year.

Does anyone know if the purple seat cushion is a separate glued in piece or is it molded with the chair and painted purple?

Anyone with the throne, please check on this.

Going by the videos out there it certainly looks like a single moulded piece.

But good luck getting an answer from someone that owns it now......

Going by the videos out there it certainly looks like a single moulded piece.

But good luck getting an answer from someone that owns it now......

Just got mine from HK. I really haven't had much time to do anything with the figure, so pictures are pending, but I have to tell you - it looks awesome in hand.

Anyway to answer some of the questions :

Dimensions of throne are - H = 27cm, W = 22cm, D = 17.5cm (approx)

The "cushion" appears to be molded as part of the throne. It's not a seperate piece.

The Throne easily fits a Detolf with space behind for two guards. At a push , it looks like you could have him standing in front of the throne, with the RG's behind the throne, and it'll all fit in a Detolf, but I haven't tried this with him on the figure stand.
I quickly tried him in a sitting position, and with him slouching, his feet touch the floor. I haven't experimented much more, as I want to take my time this evening with him.

I hope that answers some of your questions. It's a really nice figure - don't fret folks :)

I suggested earlier in the thread a recast cut down and painted could be a simple solution. I also said I'm in (price dependent) to whoever would offer such.... so, me too.

Just got mine from HK. I really haven't had much time to do anything with the figure, so pictures are pending, but I have to tell you - it looks awesome in hand.

The "cushion" appears to be molded as part of the throne. It's not a seperate piece.

The Throne easily fits a Detolf with space behind for two guards. At a push , it looks like you could have him standing in front of the throne, with the RG's behind the throne, and it'll all fit in a Detolf, but I haven't tried this with him on the figure stand.
I quickly tried him in a sitting position, and with him slouching, his feet touch the floor. I haven't experimented much more, as I want to take my time this evening with him.

I hope that answers some of your questions. It's a really nice figure - don't fret folks :)

Awesome thanks Rebelspy. The LxBxW is all the info I needed. [emoji1360]

A man with a ruler and 30 seconds! Thanks for those dimensions I really appreciate it!

Back