Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't hate HT. But there's no point in someone telling you there's a problem on some rubber suits and you going "NO NO NO!!! (fingers in ears)"

I have Superman on pre-order. I hope it doesn't share the problems some of their previous figs because an oil leak would really be easy to see on that blue cloth suit.

res ipsa loquitor. the thing speaks for itself.
rubber deteriorates overtime, that's what rubber does. that didnt stop me from buying HT alien figs despite that fact.

putting figures aside, anybody bought those fancy G-Shock watches...i remember mine crumbled after 3 years, the rubber casing and strap. :lol

I guess I made up the fact my HT batman was leaking and HT refused to replace it before they stopped making them. I had to contact the seller, get a copy of the receipt, send HT Pics and a copy of the receipt only to be told that I'm not getting my body replaced. Therefore spending another 180 at BBTS on a replacement which had totally different material on the abs which is confirmation that they new a problem exists. I guess if i presented this to Judge Judy she'd still side with HT.

I wonder what they changed in the Batman DX that they felt required oil. I have a Batman DK MMS and I've never seen any oil. (I also don't pose it very often and I never take the belt off)

HT should start using the rubber material that Medicom has started to use in the past couple years. I was customizing the most recent Medicom TDK a couple years ago and had the rubber suit off of the body. My cat carried it away and and hid it out on my balcony behind some plants. I gave up looking for it cause I didn't think it was outside. It sat on the balcony in water and sun, cold and heat for almost a year until I found it while rearranging my balcony furniture. Washed it off and it was like new.

cat_batman_lrg.jpg

HT should start using the rubber material that Medicom has started to use in the past couple years. I was customizing the most recent Medicom TDK a couple years ago and had the rubber suit off of the body. My cat carried it away and and hid it out on my balcony behind some plants. I gave up looking for it cause I didn't think it was outside. It sat on the balcony in water and sun, cold and heat for almost a year until I found it while rearranging my balcony furniture. Washed it off and it was like new.

WOW! ..........

love how it was having its private time licking its ..... violated. lol

I have an old matchbox car with rubber tyres. It's dated 1975 and has sat in a leaky garage for over 30 years. All my old ZX spectrum tapes where in there and they got ruined (as did the machine itself) due to the rain and damp getting in. The tyres are still springly and sumple however the paint is starting to peel. The rubber on that car lasted longer than the paint! You leave HT figures on a shelf for a few months and they start to leak and tear. The car probably cost me 99p back in the 80's or whenever I got it.

Cool story bro. Tell that to the DBZ fans who dealt with Medi's crumbling rubber bodies these past couple years. :monkey1

Cool story bro. Tell that to the DBZ fans who dealt with Medi's crumbling rubber bodies these past couple years. :monkey1

I think DBZ figures came out before Medicom started using this new rubber material. At least a year before if I remember right.

I actually posted about the new rubber suit on the TDK figure when it first came out - how it felt much sturdier than the suit on the first Medicom Batman Begins figure.

Back