Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know please explain it to me since it seems like you know the answerer. If you could give me the exact rubber hot toys uses and the half life formula you seem to have for this decay then I sure would appreciate it. Oh please also include environmental factors in that decay to, IE direct or indirect sunlight Sorry I just have not been brought up to speed.

Yeah until then please do not ask me what part of rubber decay I don't understand.

condoms2.jpg

:nana:

So far I've been lucky with all my rubber figures from HT. I keep most of them in my hall way were there's no sun light at all, so that must help there life span but is there anyone on here who knows & uses a product to treat the rubber on these figures. I'd be gutted to lose Batman, Comedian, Leonodas ect....

None of us like ugly joints. What are the alternatives to silicone and rubber? A cloth suit with plastic panels wouldn't have looked right on Batman.

I'll take the uncovered jointed arms over rubber arms any day.

Batman would have looked fine. It would probably need a unique body.

Since it seems that the TDK suit will show up in TDKR for the majority of the film, I doubt Hot Toys will pass up the chance to do the figure again. Hopefully this time they do it right and accurate. Cloth undersuit with plastic/vinyl armor plates. They can finally do the neck right too. And maybe they'll redo those damn boots...

So,
Dx Batman
The Comedian
Alien Kane
Perseus
Mars Attacks figures
Rambo
it seems the list is growing.. not good

The other thing to take into condsidertion here is how many of their toys have full rubber bodies...and out of that how many of those had no problems? Dont get me wrong I love HT, but you can't defend them in this case.

I got the PMC Bale body (Rambo) and it's still okay. It's hot and humid here so it may not be the issue. I think posing the figs permanently in certain positions causes the wear and tear. I got to check on DX Bats though it's been a while since I saw him.

I got the PMC Bale body (Rambo) and it's still okay. It's hot and humid here so it may not be the issue. I think posing the figs permanently in certain positions causes the wear and tear. I got to check on DX Bats though it's been a while since I saw him.

Took him down off the shelf today and the body is completely deteriorated. Disappointing since he's been in a dark, temperature controlled room. It's an older fig, anyway but the muscle body was really a miss for HT. On the good side, my custom Zartan will inherit the bow and quiver.

Heres one it's in the R.I.P. Rambo thread

The posing thing is definitely an issue. But I have had figures crack and leak in standard pose, arms down. The rubber itself is deteriorating, if the arms are bent it just speeds up the process as it is strained and will crack first.

Everyone seems to be also OVER factoring, environmental conditions. I live in a neutral environment, not too hot, not too dry. Figures not exposed to sunlight. They are still rotting though. Oh and add Robocop Ed 209 to that list..

Dx Batman
The Comedian
Alien Kane
Perseus
Mars Attacks figures
Rambo
Aliens rubber bodies
Robocop Ed 209

The posing thing is definitely an issue. But I have had figures crack and leak in standard pose, arms down. The rubber itself is deteriorating, if the arms are bent it just speeds up the process as it is strained and will crack first.

Everyone seems to be also OVER factoring, environmental conditions. I live in a neutral environment, not too hot, not too dry. Figures not exposed to sunlight. They are still rotting though. Oh and add Robocop Ed 209 to that list..

Dx Batman
The Comedian
Alien Kane
Perseus
Mars Attacks figures
Rambo
Aliens rubber bodies
Robocop Ed 209

Wow :horror:horror

I love it how all these ____ing newbs just jump in and think we're making a mountain out of a mole hill but haven't been here long enough nor taken the 10 minutes to browse the forum to have even the slightest clue what they're talking about.

I haven't had arms cracking, ED-209's dome is still OK, no Kane&Dallas issues that I can detect, My DX batman leaks but so far hasn't been noticeably damaged by this etc etc BUT I would still worry. I would still rather HT seek to use alternatives. Just because my figures happen to be fine now doesn't mean they will stay that way. If its happening to other people I see no reason why my figures are special and immune.

I haven't had arms cracking, ED-209's dome is still OK, no Kane&Dallas issues that I can detect, My DX batman leaks but so far hasn't been noticeably damaged by this etc etc BUT I would still worry. I would still rather HT seek to use alternatives. Just because my figures happen to be fine now doesn't mean they will stay that way. If its happening to other people I see no reason why my figures are special and immune.

:goodpost:........................................

I have quite a few rubber figures and all are fine. maybe I'm just lucky?

Yeah or maybe you don't play with yours like a 8 year old. Or you don't put it on a window seal.

I do agree there are problems with some of there figures and I do hope as a company they learn from these mistakes and make better figures in the future. But like I said in a earlier post, more people post about negative things then they do positive. Right here is an example of how someone has had no problems.

Do any of you know if they are moving to better solutions in the future to avoid this? Like the true body type?

Yeah or maybe you don't play with yours like a 8 year old. Or you don't put it on a window seal.

Idiot. Are you trolling? Or are you deliberately not listening?

You do realise you are not talking to a pile of kids right?
Most people in here are serious collectors. Personally my figures come out of their box and into a detolf. So how do you explain that big man?

Did you read the thread on the DX02? Did you? How do you explain that. You are insulting a lot of people with your ignorance.
Why is everyone with a Comedian figure reporting leaking crumbling rubber? Hmmm?

Maybe you should stop and listen before posting this ____.

Back