Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idiot. Are you trolling? Or are you deliberately not listening?

You do realise you are not talking to a pile of kids right?
Most people in here are serious collectors. Personally my figures come out of their box and into a detolf. So how do you explain that big man?

Did you read the thread on the DX02? Did you? How do you explain that. You are insulting a lot of people with your ignorance.
Why is everyone with a Comedian figure reporting leaking crumbling rubber? Hmmm?

Maybe you should stop and listen before posting this ____.

I am not insulted. I relish every opportunity I can to feel intellectually superior, even if it's at the expense of an idiot :)

gonbgud.gif

Idiot. Are you trolling? Or are you deliberately not listening?

You do realise you are not talking to a pile of kids right?
Most people in here are serious collectors. Personally my figures come out of their box and into a detolf. So how do you explain that big man?

Did you read the thread on the DX02? Did you? How do you explain that. You are insulting a lot of people with your ignorance.
Why is everyone with a Comedian figure reporting leaking crumbling rubber? Hmmm?

Maybe you should stop and listen before posting this ____.

No I am not trolling but you are now calling me ignorant as well. That is insulting. What is ignorant is when you use the words "everyone". Like you did with the comedian figure, "as everyone is reporting problems with the comedian figure". When you use that word it encompasses 100% of "everyone" that bought the figure. As I am almost positive that everyone that purchased that figure does not post on these boards. That is the point I am trying to make. More people report negative things then good things. You would understand that from my original post I was pointing out how someone has not had any problems.

So out of all the figures made from HT it seems the only problem they have had are MAINLY on the TDK figure and the Comedian figure? Not bad if you ask me from a company that makes toys. I agree though with some posters that in a day and age of the internet when one person has a problem either with a service or a product it get's blown out of proportion and is extremely over quantified.

No I am not trolling but you are now calling me ignorant as well. That is insulting. What is ignorant is when you use the words "everyone". Like you did with the comedian figure, "as everyone is reporting problems with the comedian figure". When you use that word it encompasses 100% of "everyone" that bought the figure. As I am almost positive that everyone that purchased that figure does not post on these boards. That is the point I am trying to make. More people report negative things then good things. You would understand that from my original post I was pointing out how someone has not had any problems.

You can't have it both ways, picking on the use of a word like 'everyone' when you are sitting at the other end of the scale with 'one person'. Clearly there are enough people who are experiencing issues of rubber deterioration, and that this is happening with a number of figures, not just one or two.

I think he is calling you the idiot if I am not mistaken..... I might be wrong though. :dunno

You've kind of rocked up to this discussion with an opinion that is wildly out of kilter with 99% of other respondents, and supported by nothing more than the claim that collectors tend to whine about stuff. A read through the respective threads will reveal to you that a reasonable proportion of people have experienced issues with deterioration - certainly enough to have one conclude that these are far from isolated occurrences, and that those who have yet to experience a cracking, rotting figure are likely to experience it further down the track. Good luck to you if your rubber figures remain minty fresh forever, but asserting that many others don't have the same luck is akin to saying that this forum is full of liars. Even if that's the way you feel, why do this 27 posts in to your membership here, and why do it in a way that comes across as totally dismissive of the general consensus? So yeah, sorry, I was referring to you :)

Last edited:
You can't have it both ways, picking on the use of a word like 'everyone' when you are sitting at the other end of the scale with 'one person'. Clearly there are enough people who are experiencing issues of rubber deterioration, and that this is happening with a number of figures, not just one or two.

Sorry, I was referring to you :lol. You've kind of rocked up to this discussion with an opinion that is wildly out of kilter with 99% of other respondents, and supported by nothing more than the claim that collectors tend to whine about stuff. A read through the respective threads will reveal to you that a reasonable proportion of people have experienced issues with deterioration - certainly enough to have one conclude that these are far from isolated occurrences, and that those who have yet to experience a cracking, rotting figure are likely to experience it further down the track.

But to my point once again the word "everyone" does encompass 100%. I never said collectors whine either. I am just pointing out how negativity in any product, good, or service is pointed out more then the positive. Using descriptions like "reasonable proportions" are more reasonable then using words like everyone. I also never did disagree "people down the track" might not have a problem either. I don't know the numbers of how many of one figure are sold per say but in order to get a "statistical" number a sample of 115 or more would need to be taken. Since I do not see anyone that has the numbers to do this, all we can do is speculate by the people who do post on these boards. So unless you give me actual numbers only then can I come to a complete resolution. But until then you can not assume everyone or be 100% sure that people will experience it down that track. The phrase by the way is "down the road"

Trust me you do not want to argue with someone who does statistics. The numbers don't lie, but you see neither me nor you have numbers :yess:

Oh also here is good place to start https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics

Don't trust everything you read though, as it can be edited. But that will give you the idea to look at things in a different light.

Last edited:
More people report negative things then good things. You would understand that from my original post I was pointing out how someone has not had any problems.

Based on this comment I'm going to start posting negative comments on the positive parts of my collecting :slap . Your statement, in this thread makes no sense. This thread is a discussion about a problem that many people, including myself, have experienced and would like a change so it stops happening. Therefore you are just trolling...if you haven't had this problem, good for you, but odds are that if HT keeps up with this particular formula, you eventually will.

Hey I am all for them to increase there quality control or make better products don't get me wrong on that point. I don't mean to troll just educate seriously.

The Non-DX Batmans look like they are going to last longer, but sooner or later...

Yeah they are still flawless but... they don't have the fine paint layer all over the suit like the DX. It's just pure black molded rubber.

It's amazing how softer the rubber is on the MMS TDK and the Original suit. Not stiff and rigid like the DX that can also crack the finish but not the rubber.

19737_227523966306_592211306_3601495_1067608_n.jpg

67462953.png

l10303966197188.jpg

But to my point once again the word "everyone" does encompass 100%. I never said collectors whine either. I am just pointing out how negativity in any product, good, or service is pointed out more then the positive. Using descriptions like "reasonable proportions" are more reasonable then using words like everyone. I also never did disagree "people down the track" might not have a problem either. I don't know the numbers of how many of one figure are sold per say but in order to get a "statistical" number a sample of 115 or more would need to be taken. Since I do not see anyone that has the numbers to do this, all we can do is speculate by the people who do post on these boards. So unless you give me actual numbers only then can I come to a complete resolution. But until then you can not assume everyone or be 100% sure that people will experience it down that track. The phrase by the way is "down the road"

Trust me you do not want to argue with someone who does statistics. The numbers don't lie, but you see neither me nor you have numbers :yess:

Don't trust everything you read though, as it can be edited. But that will give you the idea to look at things in a different light.

Don't argue! He does statistics!

Yes, everyone on message boards should use the language to be perfectly consistent with the way it is applied in statistical analysis.

Does statistical analysis include the use of emoticons?
....or abbreviations like' LOL'? I feel I should check!

And the phrase 'down the track' is acceptable. Correcting someone that it's actually 'down the road' is both wrong and asinine.

Also, I took 'everyone' in his post to mean specifically, many of those posting in the comedian thread.
Language and phrasing is context specific. I think people understood he wasn't claiming he knew what every single person in the world who owns the figure was experiencing.

Last edited:
Exaggeration to get a point across my friend is exactly just that. But here you go. Definition of EVERYONE: every person : everybody. The words in the english dictionary have an exact meaning. As far as statistical analysis is concerned it is a science used in science. I never did any calculations since I nor does anyone else have the numbers. But if you choose to refute that statistics is not scientifically plausible science and you negate it then you are not on par.

I do hope that none of my future purchases specifically the 1989 Batman does not have any of these problems. I am very excited for this one. :clap

blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll, blah, blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll,

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

No I don't want to argue with someone who does statistics. I'd prefer to argue with someone who has a far broader grasp of the issues :)

I didn't follow your link as it presumed that I am a) ignorant of statistics and b) I give a toss.

"Down the track" is common usage in my part of the world. Being Australian, inevitably my language will be couched in the Australian vernacular.

Carry on :wave

Anyone with a figure that has a rubber body. Sell it now while you have a chance before it turns into ash..

Anyone with a figure that has a rubber body. Sell it now while you have a chance before it turns into ash..

Meh, I'll enjoy them while I can. Even if I get five years out of them I'll feel like I got my money's worth. I'll pay MSRP for a great looking figure and I'm not fussed by rubber-rot if I get a few years out of it. But I won't pick up a pricey after-market figure with rubber bits. This is a rule I made up once I managed to grab OC Bats :wink1:

Meh, I'll enjoy them while I can. Even if I get five years out of them I'll feel like I got my money's worth. I'll pay MSRP for a great looking figure and I'm not fussed by rubber-rot if I get a few years out of it. But I won't pick up a pricey after-market figure with rubber bits. This is a rule I made up once I managed to grab OC Bats :wink1:

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

Back