Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new revised open mouth blows enterbays away IMO . I'm glad they revised it

It's incredible, really. It looks like it could be Bale in a lot of these pics. I can't even begin to imagine what this thing is going to look like in-person, when it comes out.:panic::panic::panic::panic:

The way this figure has turned out it now looks like a movie prop or premium format as well as like direct movie stills. However, I cannot get over how many attempts it has taken Hot Toys. Even the Medicom looks like a toy now compared to this new masterpiece.

With all bias aside, still feel like true fans of TDK trilogy will want both this suit and EBs. I can't really agree that Hot Toys "blows Enterbays mouth plate away" but I will agree that it is superior. Even if Hot Toys makes a Begins suit, I really couldn't imagine not owning both companies versions. Especially since I thought it to be impossible to top EBs headsculpt. With the inclusion of PERS and the fact that it looks pretty damn close to Bale in the eyes and mouth imo, HT may have done the unthinkable. Gotta wait to see in hand.

With all bias aside, still feel like true fans of TDK trilogy will want both this suit and EBs. I can't really agree that Hot Toys "blows Enterbays mouth plate away" but I will agree that it is superior. Even if Hot Toys makes a Begins suit, I really couldn't imagine not owning both companies versions. Especially since I thought it to be impossible to top EBs headsculpt. With the inclusion of PERS and the fact that it looks pretty damn close to Bale in the eyes and mouth imo, HT may have done the unthinkable. Gotta wait to see in hand.

I think the EB suit is a work of art but I just prefer this suit over the TDK/Begins suit. The ability to move his head plus the armor plates allow for much better articulation and poses.

I think the EB suit is a work of art but I just prefer this suit over the TDK/Begins suit. The ability to move his head plus the armor plates allow for much better articulation and poses.

Yeah, definitely. I agree that he allows for more poseability and articulation. And I actually prefer this suit too. I just can't see how anybody knocks EBs figure when all QC issues aside, the only real problem is the belt and the magnet placement. The figure itself, until now, has been the benchmark for a Batman figure imo. And in a lot of ways, it probably forced HTs to really hunker down and not only meet but exceed what EB did. Some people have given the DX12 credit for why QS001 looks the way it does. I agree to an extent. But i think the true blue print is in what EB did. HTs wasn't looking to top their DX12. Obviously they thought it was just fine the way it was when they released it. They were looking to outdo their opponent (EB). I believe they have done that. I just believe in giving credit where credit is due.

The way this figure has turned out it now looks like a movie prop or premium format as well as like direct movie stills. However, I cannot get over how many attempts it has taken Hot Toys. Even the Medicom looks like a toy now compared to this new masterpiece.

They absolutely stunned me with this one. It's been a long road, but I'm so glad that they finally nailed it with this one.

I still think that EB did a great job, so I'm not going to say that this "blew that one away" in terms of the Bale likeness, however, as an overall package, EB has been destroyed. If HT can deliver a Batman as definitive as this in the Begins suit, EB may very well be dead and buried.

It's really an aesthetic thing. A lot of people prefer the Begins suit, as it's more "Batman" to them, and the TDK suit is too busy, but I always liked the idea of a Batman who would find functionality to be the most important part of his suit, and who would use something like this. Personally, I don't see why people have to pick and choose, I love both suits.

Yeah, definitely. I agree that he allows for more poseability and articulation. And I actually prefer this suit too. I just can't see how anybody knocks EBs figure when all QC issues aside, the only real problem is the belt and the magnet placement. The figure itself, until now, has been the benchmark for a Batman figure imo. And in a lot of ways, it probably forced HTs to really hunker down and not only meet but exceed what EB did. Some people have given the DX12 credit for why QS001 looks the way it does. I agree to an extent. But i think the true blue print is in what EB did. HTs wasn't looking to top their DX12. Obviously they thought it was just fine the way it was when they released it. They were looking to outdo their opponent (EB). I believe they have done that. I just believe in giving credit where credit is due.

I believe in giving credit where it's due, too, and I think it's unfair to say that the EB Batman was the reasoning for this change. I think it was the culmination of a variety of factors; a perfect storm, if you will, that instituted this change.

The new revised open mouth blows enterbays away IMO . I'm glad they revised it

I have to disagree. In person the EB open mouth is fantastic and screams bale when looking at it from any distance. If anything they are on par. HT have done a fantastic job with this guy but as i said earlier, The begins suit is my more preferred suit and the EB is my current grail. If HT can 1up EB on their begins suit then i will upgrade but it will be hard.

I had 2 EB BB's and had to return both....the QC on the first was atrocious, the belt broke, the base was scratched, the gauntlet fins were bent and the the legs werent even so he couldn't stand on his own...the second was was a little better except for the leg issues...had to send them both back obviously, and gave up trying to get a proper one.

I don't see the DX 12 being horrible, but I see it as being what this figure was: wasted potential. Tell me, if you could have the DX 12, or you could have this figure in 1/6th, which would you choose? I just feel bad that a lot of 1/6th collectors, who collect 1/6th only, don't have something of similar quality.

Yep, i know what you mean. Im sure a lot will be upset. Im really a 1/6 only collector but the way this looks now, no way Ill pass it up since my main focus is collecting TDK Trilogy.

Also to me, in this hobby, things are always improving. So I think you have to be able to accept that. The figures we buy today will be greatly improved in even just 1 year. In 10 years imagine if they re-visit this TDK trilogy what they will be able to do. its funny, look at the very first Begins figure from 2005 and compare it to todays figures, its a very dramatic difference. In some ways I wish they would do 1 more stab at the Begins suit because i think now they would make it even better than the last Toy Fair version.

So im all for them making another 1/6 batman if they can get it to look like this 1/4. And i wouldn't be shocked at all if they did. Sign me up for the pre-order:)

I still think that EB did a great job, so I'm not going to say that this "blew that one away" in terms of the Bale likeness, however, as an overall package, EB has been destroyed. If HT can deliver a Batman as definitive as this in the Begins suit, EB may very well be dead and buried.

I would agree with that too. If HT Begins suit is anywhere as epic as this figure is, then the monopoly on Nolan Batman will go to them in the fashion of unanimous decision. Enterbay, as much as i hate to admit, would be in deep ****.

I believe in giving credit where it's due, too, and I think it's unfair to say that the EB Batman was the reasoning for this change. I think it was the culmination of a variety of factors; a perfect storm, if you will, that instituted this change.

Yes, i too believe the complaints, modifications, "constructive criticism", were all pivotal factors. But my point originally was that HT is a business. They're going to do whatever is necessary to shut down the opposition. You could argue that they are a company of the people and are just giving them what they want. However, it wouldn't have taken as many Batman figures as it has to finally get it right if they were listening to the people all along.

I had 2 EB BB's and had to return both....the QC on the first was atrocious, the belt broke, the base was scratched, the gauntlet fins were bent and the the legs werent even so he couldn't stand on his own...the second was was a little better except for the leg issues...had to send them both back obviously, and gave up trying to get a proper one.

Thats an extreme case. I'm sorry about your luck but thats why I said QC issues aside. Had those not been issues, would you have been okay with the figure?

They absolutely stunned me with this one. It's been a long road, but I'm so glad that they finally nailed it with this one.

It's really an aesthetic thing. A lot of people prefer the Begins suit, as it's more "Batman" to them, and the TDK suit is too busy, but I always liked the idea of a Batman who would find functionality to be the most important part of his suit, and who would use something like this. Personally, I don't see why people have to pick and choose, I love both suits.

Yah i dont love the EB Batman like I do any of the HTs 1/6. The cowled heads are amazing, but the rest of the figure I wasnt that happy with. Hes right now sleeping in his box and im thinking i might sell it just to make some room and probably have to take a loss on it :(

Right now IMO, with only photos to go by, this HTs 1/4 overall looks far superior to EB's and just as good if not better likeness. The EB Bale head by itself wasn't anything great, so as we all are probably now, really curious to see if they revised the Bale head.:)

Can't get over how great this looks; so glad I P-O'd it yesterday!!
Hopefully HT continue to fully realise the potential of 1/4 scale..I'm expecting similar quality headsculpts from now on.

It seems HT have raised their game (or returned to form) in recent months. I think they took on too much and are beginning to realise it. Would be the perfect time to announce a 1/4 Man of Steel...

Yep, i know what you mean. Im sure a lot will be upset. Im really a 1/6 only collector but the way this looks now, no way Ill pass it up since my main focus is collecting TDK Trilogy.

Also to me, in this hobby, things are always improving. So I think you have to be able to accept that. The figures we buy today will be greatly improved in even just 1 year. In 10 years imagine if they re-visit this TDK trilogy what they will be able to do. its funny, look at the very first Begins figure from 2005 and compare it to todays figures, its a very dramatic difference. In some ways I wish they would do 1 more stab at the Begins suit because i think now they would make it even better than the last Toy Fair version.

So im all for them making another 1/6 batman if they can get it to look like this 1/4. And i wouldn't be shocked at all if they did. Sign me up for the pre-order:)

I definitely think they should give the BB suit another shot, but I really hope that what iMan said about them making a 1/4 scale Begins Batman is true, and I hope it is as good of a Begins Batman as this one is a TDK Batman. Plus, I think it'd be the first Begins figure with PERS, if that was the case.:lol

I would agree with that too. If HT Begins suit is anywhere as epic as this figure is, then the monopoly on Nolan Batman will go to them in the fashion of unanimous decision. Enterbay, as much as i hate to admit, would be in deep ****.

Yes, i too believe the complaints, modifications, "constructive criticism", were all pivotal factors. But my point originally was that HT is a business. They're going to do whatever is necessary to shut down the opposition. You could argue that they are a company of the people and are just giving them what they want. However, it wouldn't have taken as many Batman figures as it has to finally get it right if they were listening to the people all along.

One could also argue that HT knew that they wouldn't be in direct competition with EB, since they were going for a different look entirely, and, even if people did sell their QS Batmen to fund EB versions later on, HT would still make their profit, so they weren't really worried about EB.;):lol

Nah, but I was just saying that I don't believe EB is the sole reason for the change. I think it played a part, but I don't believe that we should be sending flowers and thank you cards to Bill just yet.:lol

Back