Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yah i dont love the EB Batman like I do any of the HTs 1/6. The cowled heads are amazing, but the rest of the figure I wasnt that happy with. Hes right now sleeping in his box and im thinking i might sell it just to make some room and probably have to take a loss on it :(

Right now IMO, with only photos to go by, this HTs 1/4 overall looks far superior to EB's and just as good if not better likeness. The EB Bale head by itself wasn't anything great, so as we all are probably now, really curious to see if they revised the Bale head.:)

Like the figure itself, the Bale head was something that I felt, while having a lot of potential, was not quite there yet. With that being said, I really hope that Ani-Com comes and they deliver a Bale head and 3rd faceplate that blow us away as much as this showing at SDCC has.

I definitely think they should give the BB suit another shot, but I really hope that what iMan said about them making a 1/4 scale Begins Batman is true, and I hope it is as good of a Begins Batman as this one is a TDK Batman. Plus, I think it'd be the first Begins figure with PERS, if that was the case.:lol

One could also argue that HT knew that they wouldn't be in direct competition with EB, since they were going for a different look entirely, and, even if people did sell their QS Batmen to fund EB versions later on, HT would still make their profit, so they weren't really worried about EB.;):lol

Nah, but I was just saying that I don't believe EB is the sole reason for the change. I think it played a part, but I don't believe that we should be sending flowers and thank you cards to Bill just yet.:lol

I guess I could agree with that. You make a sound point. Not one I had considered. :1-1:

I'm not sending Bill a ****ing then other than a big cup of shut the **** up. I like his company. Not him. :)

Yep, iMan said he was talking to Kato in HK, and he mentioned that they were at work on a QS Batman Begins Batman. I just hope it's as good as this one.:pray:

Ohh no way, more money to be saved lol sideshow collectibles have made an amazing 1/4 man if steel but its a statue... If only he moved lol hope Supes is on the QS005 list or sumthing..

Ohh no way, more money to be saved lol sideshow collectibles have made an amazing 1/4 man if steel but its a statue... If only he moved lol hope Supes is on the QS005 list or sumthing..

When they announced the Returns line originally, they said there would be 1/4 versions as well. Who knows if that'll ever actually happen considering that line seems indefinitely shelved.

When they announced the Returns line originally, they said there would be 1/4 versions as well. Who knows if that'll ever actually happen considering that line seems indefinitely shelved.

What line has been shelved?? Returns or MoS??

I guess I could agree with that. You make a sound point. Not one I had considered. :1-1:

I'm not sending Bill a ****ing then other than a big cup of shut the **** up. I like his company. Not him. :)

Fair enough. :lol :duff

Yeah, the SSC Supes looks great, but, after seeing the SDCC photos, I'm incredibly impressed with HT's 1/6th scale version, or, rather, even more impressed than I already was, now that they've changed the body. A QS Supes would be very interesting indeed, but I hope it doesn't happen for a loooong time, my wallet might murder me (well, not literally, since I had my wallet stolen a while ago).:lol

I think, right now, people are just hoping to see anything of Returns, be it 1/6th or 1/4.

Wuhh, do we all have different definitions of what curve and flat is?

This illustrates the difference between the HT and Medicom heads.

898ae52801776cca36897c356008a4e6.jpg

The Medi has room for the posterior of an actual cranium.

That's only because the Medi is a scan of the actual Cowl that Bale wore. I still wonder why HT didn't just do that, but, nevertheless, it's a minor issue that I'm fine to overlook, at this point.

Do we still love this today or are we back to hating it?

We love it. Hes a keeper lol and i ordered the Sideshow exclusive with empty cowl!!! Yes thats right guys, keep in mind the empty cowl isnt standard. Ul have to pre order Sideshow Exclusive or Special Edition to have the empty cowl. Which is probly gone by now...

Back