Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, "I'm a man of my worrrrrrrd." I said a long time ago that if they fixed this figure, I'd do what it takes to have the one I want, and I meant it.:lol

Ye. And it will always keep the price that bit higher if you the sideshow exclusive.

Hot Toys should just say "**** it," and reshoot the prototype pics with this figure; erasing the other one from existence, and saturating our curiosity about what the neutral plate looks like on the PERS head, what the Bruce Wayne head looks like, and what the third faceplate looks like.:lol

:rotfl Seriously! I'd be quite okay with that. But if they're gonna go through the trouble of that, might as well just give us the final product pictures while they're at it. Anybody getting this figure is so lucky. I don't care if its the exclusive, special edition, whatever.. Makes no difference. If you're going to be the owner of this figure, congratulations, you're the man. Now and henceforth.

:rotfl Seriously! I'd be quite okay with that. But if they're gonna go through the trouble of that, might as well just give us the final product pictures while they're at it. Anybody getting this figure is so lucky. I don't care if its the exclusive, special edition, whatever.. Makes no difference. If you're going to be the owner of this figure, congratulations, you're the man. Now and henceforth.

I like that, henceforth im "the man" lol!!!

If this really comes out as good as this looks, this could be HTs greatest figure they have done to date. :)

I think it very well could. If the Wayne head and 3rd faceplate are as good as these; no question; this is the DEFINITIVE TDK Batman. You get the sonar sculpt for the final battle sequence, you get a PERS sculpt that looks absolutely amazing with the squint, you get 3 faceplates that you could switch between the two heads, a Bruce Wayne head, an empty cowl, a die cast sticky bomb gun, and his backpack for the Hong Kong scene, his grappling gun, pretty much every gadget or weapon that he had on his belt (including 3 Diecast batarangs), a diorama stand with interchangeable parts, what could very well be the most accurate TDK Batsuit that any of these companies has created, and a Diecast utility belt, plus the variety of hands, etc. I really don't see them one upping this one.

Here's a little edit I did to see how it'd look with a more flush custom cape (Tony M. got any plans for this? :)

Plus I wiggled the lower part of the shoulder pauldrons a bit to match the film look.

I think it's going to look dynamite when it's in person. I can't bloody wait to have him here on display.

1003732_557277517667576_1991892184_n.jpg

The cowl is improved, but this part of it at this angle looks identical to the 1/6.

99adeffb-3f16-4033-9b43-9792ffeda757.jpg

Ye. And it will always keep the price that bit higher if you the sideshow exclusive.

I like that, henceforth im "the man" lol!!!

Yep, I just love how this figure went from "below the radar" to "figure of the year" material in less than a day.:lol That being said, the EX is just a cool feature. It's not necessary, but it throws it over the top, if you will.

Here's a little edit I did to see how it'd look with a more flush custom cape (Tony M. got any plans for this? :)

Plus I wiggled the lower part of the shoulder pauldrons a bit to match the film look.

I think it's going to look dynamite when it's in person. I can't bloody wait to have him here on display.

1003732_557277517667576_1991892184_n.jpg

Yeah, if it looks this good now, I can't wait to see how some of the photographers and expert futzers make it look.

The cowl is improved, but this part of it at this angle looks identical to the 1/6.

Are you getting this Maglor? It was your photos of the EB Bats that tempted me the most, so I really hope you get this guy, if only to see what your fantastic eye can do for him.:lol

Last edited:
Are you getting this Maglor? It was your photos of the EB Bats that tempted me the most, so I really hope you get this guy, of only to see what your fantastic eye can do for him.:lol

I was absolutely sure that I wouldn't get him up until these new pics.

90% sure I will get him now. Sadly the Exclusive is sold out...

Can see HT doing a new 1/6 of this now. I must say.

I've said that since the day DX12 arrived.

Hope you're right... But aren't those other posts more about width? The back definitely looks identicle to the 1/6 to me. Flat.

IMG_0080_zps3ccf2e25.jpg

yeah based on the latest pics I would agree with you.
Also the mouth place seems like it needs to sit deeper in the cowl.

Still a great improvement overall.

I've said that since the day DX12 arrived.

yeah based on the latest pics I would agree with you.
Also the mouth place seems like it needs to sit deeper in the cowl.

Still a great improvement overall.

A little heat will fix that. :)

I really can't wait to see the sonar in action. Fully suited up for the HK scene especially. I never had a DX02 so this will be a great addition for me.

I was absolutely sure that I wouldn't get him up until these new pics.

90% sure I will get him now. Sadly the Exclusive is sold out...

Waitlist her. I predict that, if HT was willing to do this much to get this thing up to par, they'll probably be producing these guys out the wazoo, so you might stand a pretty good chance. Plus, I'm sure you might get some older guys canceling it for the West set, now.:lol

Waitlist her. I predict that, if HT was willing to do this much to get this thing up to par, they'll probably be producing these guys out the wazoo, so you might stand a pretty good chance. Plus, I'm sure you might get some older guys canceling it for the West set, now.:lol

Well the regular one is still available, and I don't know that I need the empty cowl.

I'd hate to wait list the Ex and then the regular sells out...

Cancel this for the West set?

shocked_lol_cat.jpg

The mouth plates need to be shrunken to 1/6. Surely someone here can do that.

Back