Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mouth is arguably as good. Cowl is definitely not as good. That's the difference

:exactly:

So was the DX12 prototype Wayne sculpt... ;)

394683_10150915281577344_1992014688_n.jpg

It's the same sculpt.

DX12 Wayne is way better.

:lecture

Yeah same here, 1/4 scale figures are just more impressive to look at IMO.

:hi5:

They also take up a lot more space.

I'm still keeping my DX12. I got him with my other 1/6th in the display case. But I think this big guy will look awesome displayed by himself in a different part of the room.

Problem is, it's now too late to PO this? I'm saying it's late because HT released the proto pix around July 2012 and pre-ordering is usually only available around the same time as the prototype reveal.

Not at all. I just preordered this guy today. Preorders are still available at most sites (BBTS, Sideshow, etc.).

The only thing is if the cowls on the EB figure might be slightly more accurate, but when I feel the rest of the figure is a disappointment, then it really doesn't matter to me how accurate a cowl is. To me, the overall look of this HTs 1/4 just looks far far better than the EB Begins. Still need to see it in-hand to really get a sense of it. But in photographs, its far better than the EB version to me. Looks more life-like.

Not at all. I just preordered this guy today. Preorders are still available at most sites (BBTS, Sideshow, etc.).

Thanks, DoggieDoc! 3 local (smaller) stores replied to me a few days ago with "sorry, slots are full." I should've gone to those bigger stores you mentioned. :slap

It's amazing so many people (including me) are PO'ing because of that 1 open mouth face plate. I hope the 2 faces are just as good, the smirking face is not included in the SDCC display and the neutral one has only one blurry picture. The Wayne sculpt wasn't also displayed.

Last edited:
The final figure sure doesn't look that nice though.

Prototype vs. production paint apps.

I have a feeling they might have reworked the 1/4 Wayne sculpt and we could see it at the upcoming toy show.

I fully expect a different or modified head sculpt, otherwise there would be one on display.

Personally, if the just blow the DX12 head up to 1/4 scale I'd be happy.

The final figure sure doesn't look that nice though.

I have a feeling they might have reworked the 1/4 Wayne sculpt and we could see it at the upcoming toy show.

Yeah sure doesn't but I don't think u should bring this up as you will never win despite the wanted dead or alive poster on facebook that is obvious at least to me that it is different sculpt since I own 2 DX12s. However, those promo pics by Hot Toys are photoshopped and the eyes are not ****-eyed like they are on the DX12. So that might be the reason it looks like a different sculpt. :dunno

Either way it looks horrible IMO and I honestly don't see how anyone can like it, let a lone think it is better than this 1/4 scale one.

There just must be something I just don't see. :dunno

I fully expect a different or modified head sculpt, otherwise there would be one on display.

Personally, if the just blow the DX12 head up to 1/4 scale I'd be happy.

:lecture:exactly:

I was thinking about that too but it's good to see that Hot Toys is making an effort to create a new sculpt from scratch. Liked the way the prototype looked for this as well - since it was not present at SDCC I anticipate a new sculpt as well - likely one vastly superior hopefully! :panic:

So now everybody thinks the DX12 wasn't that good as they thought. lol .....

About the QS001's Bruce Wayne head, the hair is not accurate to any scene of the movie. I hope Hot Toys change the hair and reduce the size of the chin.

In person it looked amazing. The detail and pose they made him looked really nice and sleek. I'm glad I have him on PO :)

OK, but that happens with all figures so I never expected the paint to look like the proto. The final DX12 Wayne doesn't look good in any of the photos I've seen (even OMG's). In hand it doesn't look any better. I was disappointed with it.

Has anyone repainted it? I haven't come across any...

Last edited:
I am very excited about the final product. The only think that will be replaced from me is the cape.. It seems from the photos thick and heavy like the 1/6 one...Otherwise no comment...

Back