Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mixed feelings about this. While I'm sure its cool to have Batman and Superman in the same movie . I feel they are rushing it. They should do one more MOS that has Sups by himself. Then a 3rd movie. That brings in Bats.

Gotta disagree here. While it may seem rushed, it does kind of make sense for the purpose of the story. I remember back when WB/DC were playing around with the idea of a shared universe, i think nolan or goyer said to the effect that IF a crossover were to happen, batman would have to be the first superhero, followed by superman and the rest.

Nolan is done with batman in a universe where that bruce is THE ONLY superhero. However he is involved with a new universe where batman can and will coexist with superman. So if they revisit the notion that batman is the first superhero and has been around for a while, it would make perfect sense for him to immediately investigate an alien he feels is a threat. An alien with frightening, unparalleled power.

So I'm all for it. If the idea is a rush job on WBs behalf? Fine. But for story telling purposes, I can totally see it work, without sacrificing character development or plot.

And if goyer and Snyder are smart enough, they can totally work in the new Bruce's backstory just through dialogue. Imagine the different philosophies, the banter between batman and superman. Bruce revealing the death of his parents, how he either never found the murderer or did, but never bought himself to kill him. Clark
Spoiler Spoiler:

That would throw a new wrench into the dynamics of their relationship.

Just so many new and exciting possibilities for superman. Having someone of his ilk to play off of will do wonders for the growth of his character.

I am hyped.

Day mutha effin ONE.

Gotta disagree here. While it may seem rushed, it does kind of make sense for the purpose of the story. I remember back when WB/DC were playing around with the idea of a shared universe, i think nolan or goyer said to the effect that IF a crossover were to happen, batman would have to be the first superhero, followed by superman and the rest.

Nolan is done with batman in a universe where that bruce is THE ONLY superhero. However he is involved with a new universe where batman can and will coexist with superman. So if they revisit the notion that batman is the first superhero and has been around for a while, it would make perfect sense for him to immediately investigate an alien he feels is a threat. An alien with frightening, unparalleled power.

So I'm all for it. If the idea is a rush job on WBs behalf? Fine. But for story telling purposes, I can totally see it work, without sacrificing character development or plot.

And if goyer and Snyder are smart enough, they can totally work in the new Bruce's backstory just through dialogue. Imagine the different philosophies, the banter between batman and superman. Bruce revealing the death of his parents, how he either never found the murderer or did, but never bought himself to kill him. Clark
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just so many new and exciting possibilities for superman. Having someone of his ilk to play off of will do wonders for the growth of his character.

I am hyped.

Day mutha effin ONE.

:clap:clap:clap

Imagine the different philosophies, the banter between batman and superman. Bruce revealing the death of his parents, how he either never found the murderer or did, but never bought himself to kill him. Clark
Spoiler Spoiler:

This... is BRILLIANT. :clap great segue to the complexities and contrasts that is Superman and Batman, with strong references from both Batman Begins and MoS, establishing a continuity in the DC Cinematic Universe even if it's a small thing -- but it's where great things start from, yes? :)

This... is BRILLIANT. :clap great segue to the complexities and contrasts that is Superman and Batman, with strong references from both Batman Begins and MoS, establishing a continuity in the DC Cinematic Universe even if it's a small thing -- but it's where great things start from, yes? :)

Thanks!

Since the batman in this universe is new, we can't really say "references from batman begins"....more like...the mythos. I think EVERYONE knows it by now that mentioning it in dialogue will more than suffice.

But yup, glad you agree about the complexities and contrasts between the worlds finest.

Thanks!

Since the batman in this universe is new, we can't really say "references from batman begins"....more like...the mythos. I think EVERYONE knows it by now that mentioning it in dialogue will more than suffice.

But yup, glad you agree about the complexities and contrasts between the worlds finest.

Personally, I'd rather that WB keep the Nolan Batman trilogy as the Batman Cinematic universe, which is in turn a part of a larger universe that is the DC Cinematic Universe. I don't mind having a new actor to play Batman, but they could keep how Batman was played/characterized in the previous trilogy, including the things he's gone through. Kind of like how Marvel pulled off a new actor to play Banner in the person of Mark Ruffalo, without disrupting the continuity leading to an Avengers film as established during the Hulk movie with Edward Norton. While TDK Trilogy's more open-ended (and wasn't intended to be really connected to other future DC movies) than the Hulk's, I believe that it could seamlessly fit in the MoS story -- taking in consideration the timeline of when the 2 movie franchises took place.

If they were sticking to Nolanverse Batman they would have to hint to Scarecrow, Joker and Bane kept gotham hostage for 3 months so he would need a mention. But my head would explode if Mr Gordon Levitt shows up in the cowl, or what would be sweeter still is Gordon Levitt making a Nightwing cameo and different Bruce Wayne. Wouldnt Tom Cruise pull off Bruce Wayne...?

Is that a gay joke?

Lol just forwarding a point someone already made, now that i think of it he wouldnt really do the job. They need someone to play Batman like they found Henry Caville to play Superman, he basically is Superman. Like Samuel L jackson IS Nick Fury, you look in the comics and thats who he is. But Batman can be a bit more open minded because most his face is hidden..

Lol just forwarding a point someone already made, now that i think of it he wouldnt really do the job. They need someone to play Batman like they found Henry Caville to play Superman, he basically is Superman. Like Samuel L jackson IS Nick Fury, you look in the comics and thats who he is. But Batman can be a bit more open minded because most his face is hidden..

That's also because they made the new comic Nick Fury based off SLJ so it's suppose to look like him. :lol

It's the size of a PF and looks way better than a PF with a lot of accessories... don't see it being anymore overpriced than them. If so, only by a little.

you can think the figure is better that's fine, but saying it isn't overpriced is the reason HT can get away with raping people with their ridiculous price points.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I am hyped.

Day mutha effin ONE.

:goodpost::exactly:

Very well said. I saw something yesterday when the news was revealed that went along with the new Batman/Superman symbol. The quote from The Dark Knight Returns Part II. "I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you". So, i'm guessing Batman will trump Superman and that the purpose of doing that will be to establish Bats as the baddest man on the planet. This would set him up to be the leader of JLA. Correct me if i'm wrong on any of that.

No offense to Christian Bale as I loved him as Bruce/Bats, but would it be such a bad idea to get a guy who looks more like Bruce Wayne/Batman physically? When you're talking about "physical perfection" I think it makes sense to get a guy who looks like a greek god. Not to mention the fact that Bats needs a suit that will not only show off the physical attributes but allow him to showcase his unmatched speed and agility. Again, correct me if i'm wrong. Just my 2 cents.

Back