Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[
376738_10150955930512344_92304700_n.jpg

Not sure who this last guy's supposed to be.

Tom Cruise.
He reminds me of Tom...

Tom Cruise.
He reminds me of Tom...

Oh c'mon, it's always Tom Cruise. :slap Funny how noone can ever seem to sculpt Cruise when they're trying to; judging by the logic of this board, anyone who wants to sculpt him ought to just shoot for a Bale likeness.:slap x2

How come wax museums can get it right but HT can't?

Hate to break it to you, but HT gets it right a helluva lot more often than wax museums.:lecture I've seen some wax figures that make the old Takara headsculpt look like Michelangelo's "David".

Oh c'mon, it's always Tom Cruise. :slap Funny how noone can ever seem to sculpt Cruise when they're trying to; judging by the logic of this board, anyone who wants to sculpt him ought to just shoot for a Bale likeness.:slap x2

:lol

I didn't know the relation between Tom and Bale was that strong and popular around here. Sorry, but that's who this HS reminds me of...

I just don't see it, I think the chin's too strong, but that's my only qualm. I just think it's hilarious, the frequency of the Cruise comparison.:lol

Hate to break it to you, but HT gets it right a helluva lot more often than wax museums.:lecture I've seen some wax figures that make the old Takara headsculpt look like Michelangelo's "David".

Depends on where you go. I said the same thing when I went to the wax museum close to my place, my hot toys were actually better.
But if you look up madam tussauds wax museum, they're almost identical to the actors.

Just a couple of samples.

gwen-stefani-madame-tussauds-las--large-msg-128528137735.jpg

Capwax3.jpg

Capwax1.jpg

Lol, love this pic of this pervert looking to see if those are real. :lol

madametussaudslondonnicolekidmanjohnnydepp.jpg

Got to say I am really disappointed that Hot Toys didn't take the hint from Enterbay on the stand as well ....or come up with their own version.

Those 'member grabbing' stands are just stupid, as is the giant black pole seemingly going up the butt of the figure.

Its one of the reasons people prefer statues. Enterbay's isn't perfect but is a pretty good compromise. For the first two uses - Terminator and Rambo, the black on black around the leg means the stand itself is basically invisible.

I'm looking at the T-800 right now on its shelf and I literally can't even see the stand at all.

I absolutely agree, it's a completely idiotic move (or lack thereof). I couldn't believe they kept them when I first saw these pics. That's one of the things I like the least about action figures, and I think EB got that right by making the stands much less noticeable.

Just wait until the next HT 1:4 comes along without a cape to help hide it - it will look much more awkward at that scale.

i still prefer the upcoming 1/6 wayne head by hot toys. hope they still fix the 1/4 version. looks kinda old.

Back