Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I said last week about 'exclusive' items and everyone told me I was wrong. I think you weighed in too? But that's ok I guess.

Gee thanks! :cuckoo:
Dude get over yourself, I only repeated what I had already posted, I don't keep track of your posts.
Am I supposed to?

People that want to have the figure holding a cowl doesn't necessarily need to have the mask facing forward either. Depending on how you display it, you could easily have Batman (or Bruce Wayne sans mask), holding either the regular or Sonar head without showing the mouth or eye holes. That's what I did during the OC Batman/V1 TDK Batman days if I opted for the maskless look.

I still don't see why Hot Toys continue to make things as important and crucial as empty cowls as exclusives. That one with Catwoman especially didn't make any damn sense. Just include it with the DX 12 and this QS001 in a regular set.

For the longest time they didn't have exclusives for all these Batman figure sets. Now all of the sudden they do. Some of them make sense (like the Joker's detonator and the Grumpy mask), others don't.

In my opinion, a much more suitable exclusive should've been Dent's charred coin, and an appropriate hand for it. It's not an integral part of the package, but it works perfectly with the base.:lecture

The cowl thing is pretty ridiculous. It should have been included with all of the figures. It makes sense to use it with the Wayne Sculpt.

The exclusive should have been some variation of the villain masks that come with the set. Maybe Ras' gas mask or Catwoman's goggles.

The cowl thing is pretty ridiculous. It should have been included with all of the figures. It makes sense to use it with the Wayne Sculpt.

The exclusive should have been some variation of the villain masks that come with the set. Maybe Ras' gas mask or Catwoman's goggles.

Probably not. These are complex. Also they're too big to shrink the way I do it. For the 1/6 I simply molded part of the DX12 Wayne head a changed the back. This has more to it.

Then again....who knows.

Yea I agree with you there. Thats something we should all get. Maybe another idea for an ex coulda been a extra weapon or something

hey guys.I seen a few pics with people that have a 1/4 scale figure in their detolf and I see they somehow manage to buy something to put the glass seperators at different heights instead of using the bars that are along the sides.anyone know where i can buy those clamps or what ever they are to adjust my shelves in my detolf?.Sorry if I am not explaining it well.

Good god, that can't be true. Just think about all the mods needed on the DX12 to look basically the way the QS looks.

Nah, it's not true. The QS001 suit sh-t's all over the DX12 suit. The slightly bulky torso/belly might put some people off though, but there's a bit of play in that area so you can get it looking fairly flat like in my pics, you just can't get a concave look like you can on the DX12, possibly due to no ab crunch.

Sweet!

No belly, and that last shot is my favorite in-hand pic of this figure with the BW sculpt so far.

If you wanted, you could get the ab straps and shirt higher up under the chest armor.

Thanks man :) it was just a quick pose, not much futzing. The ab straps are a bit tricky on this one. I've tried pushing them up high but I'm not having much luck. It doesn't seem to be as easy as it was on the DX12. Having the ab crunch on that figure made it easier for me. To be honest I haven't really played with the figure much due to being so busy with work, but I'm gonna give it another go this weekend. Gonna pull the head off and see if I can work the chest plate a bit lower.

Nice pics, finally someone did the Hong Kong scene pose! :yess: :clap

Thanks Steve, thought you might like that one ;) It does look quite good like that, I'm happy with it. Might add the sticky-bomb gun in his other hand. Will look really good once it's in my custom display cabinet with the lights turned on :yess:

Back