Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pulled the trigger on one of those legend studios light boxes, this fig deserves it.

Now I just have to wait for bats to arrive down under, only a few weeks to go......

In Japan, I was able to get another order in around mid-Aug and it delivered on the same day as the one I ordered back in March. No problems at all. I have 2 Special Edition versions now - one on display, another never opened. I'm hoping this thing will double in price then I'll be selling it. That way, it means I practically got my one for free...:yess:

In Japan, I was able to get another order in around mid-Aug and it delivered on the same day as the one I ordered back in March. No problems at all. I have 2 Special Edition versions now - one on display, another never opened. I'm hoping this thing will double in price then I'll be selling it. That way, it means I practically got my one for free...:yess:

Rub it in why don't you.:pfft:

Thanks a lot for the info! Good to know this since every other post so far has said that it fits fine. Does it sit even higher than the EB belt?

Doesn't even reach around the enterbay batman to lock! It does look good proportion wise, so I guess that's what people meant when they said it was a good fit:dunno

Doesn't even reach around the enterbay batman to lock! It does look good proportion wise, so I guess that's what people meant when they said it was a good fit:dunno

Oh man, the HT waist much be a lot smaller than the EB waist then... Sorry you purchased it thinking otherwise. But hey, at least it's better quality than the EB belt and still looks good. Would be awesome if you could post some pics once you've modded it to fit :)

I opened the "mail" app to see if my waitlist was going to convert and it instantly opened the old notice of them going up for PO again. I thought that my waitlist had converted :(

Oh man, the HT waist much be a lot smaller than the EB waist then... Sorry you purchased it thinking otherwise. But hey, at least it's better quality than the EB belt and still looks good. Would be awesome if you could post some pics once you've modded it to fit :)

Thanks mate :wink1:, the hot toys belt is made so much better! + it's not shaped round like the enterbay belt so it will be a better fit round the body. Will post some pics when I mod it, may not be for awhile as I need to order the Velcro tape online. :hi5:

Sincere question here:

Why do people blame scalpers for high prices?

1- Did they, in any way, made it IMPOSSIBLE for you to pre order IN TIME? Before SDCC, this thing was widely available. WIDELY. I'm a batman fan (like most around here justifying the $750 tag say they are) so I did pre order. And I paid retail. No scalper had any say in that.
2- Are they (scalpers) calling you personally, threatening your family if you don't buy from them? YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY FROM THEM.
3- It is just a freaking cowl. I like it, but I can seriously live w/o it. Although I pre order the ex. IN TIME.
4- You are the ones driving up the price on this thing. Not them. If no one buys, they'll likely reduce the price. But we know that's not happening,
5- UK buyers: do you all not have ways to pre order HT figures?Besides the "getting them early so that I can post pictures before anyone" nonsense (IMO) what makes it so hard to wait a little? Seriously, what? It is a Toy. Not life saving medicine. A TOY. A TOY.

I do understand priorities happen. Emergencies happen. They make it hard for us to get what we want (want, not need). Situations are different, and some are able to afford things others aren't, but to pay $700 for a figure is just something out of this world to me. Even for a solvent individual. And I do very well, btw. Unless of course you literally crap money.
Yeah, we wouldn't be talking in a message board if we were crapping money, that's for sure.

Yes, it is your money and you can spend it in any way you want. I'm not pointing anyone, I'm just asking questions about things, and more importantly, behavior that I'd love to have more understanding on. I can not possibly be the only one around here that thinks this is out of control.

At retail, this guy I'd expensive. Worth it? If you can afford it, and your financial obligations are in order, Hell yeah.

Again, not trying to start a war here. You are all batman fans, so you are all ok in my book. Some a little nutty, but again, it is your cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sincere question here:

1- Did they, in any way, made it IMPOSSIBLE for you to pre order IN TIME? Before SDCC, this thing was widely available. WIDELY. I'm a batman fan (like most around here justifying the $750 tag say they are) so I did pre order. And I paid retail. No scalper had any say in that.
2- Are they (scalpers) calling you personally, threatening your family if you don't buy from them? YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY FROM THEM.
3- It is just a freaking cowl. I like it, but I can seriously live w/o it. Although I pre order the ex. IN TIME.
4- You are the ones driving up the price on this thing. Not them. If no one buys, they'll likely reduce the price. But we know that's not happening,
5- UK buyers: do you all not have ways to pre order HT figures?Besides the "getting them early so that I can post pictures before anyone" nonsense (IMO) what makes it so hard to wait a little? Seriously, what? It is a Toy. Not life saving medicine. A TOY. A TOY.

I do understand priorities happen. Emergencies happen. They make it hard for us to get what we want (want, not need). Situations are different, and some are able to afford things others aren't, but to pay $700 for a figure is just something out of this world to me. Even for a solvent individual. And I do very well, btw. Unless of course you literally crap money.
Yeah, we wouldn't be talking in a message board if we were crapping money, that's for sure.

Yes, it is your money and you can spend it in any way you want. I'm not pointing anyone, I'm just asking questions about things, and more importantly, behavior that I'd love to have more understanding on. I can not possibly be the only one around here that thinks this is out of control.

At retail, this guy I'd expensive. Worth it? If you can afford it, and your financial obligations are in order, Hell yeah.

Again, not trying to start a war here. You are all batman fans, so you are all ok in my book. Some a little nutty, but again, it is your cash.

:yess::exactly:

It is to each person's sense of responsibility to why they would pay almost double the retail price for this considering it just has been released. Yes PO was forever, I do realize sometimes you can get obssesed with something out of the blue and price becomes secondary

However the scalpers ARE getting these prices because people are paying. Can you believe IM MK VII is hitting $400 already- mere months after it was released? People are paying.

I agree about payIing 700 for a figure is out of this world. Hell it took me a little bit to justify paying 430 for a figure. But now I'm seeing what some other people are paying. That 430 feels like a steal. Before this guy, the most I payed for a figure was 280 for the dx09 off ebay last year.

I agree about payIing 700 for a figure is out of this world. Hell it took me a little bit to justify paying 430 for a figure. But now I'm seeing what some other people are paying. That 430 feels like a steal.

Your price desensitisation is on course then. Soon you will truly be one of us. :vader

Before SDCC, this thing was widely available. WIDELY.

No it wasn't. The extremely unimpressive proto you see on page 1 was available. WIDELY.

At SDCC, something radically different was shown. That was the collectible people wanted and within days of seeing the new proto isn't wasn't available. WIDELY.

Can you blame people for not getting their preorders in early when until SDCC what was shown was no more impressive than the DX12? No, because people are not precognitive.

WIDELY.

Sincere question here:

Well I am not sure scalpers are 100% to blame but they are part of it. I think I can answer some questions.

1. I didn't pre order this figure because the proto looked like **** and expected the final product to end up looking like **** to. Most others didn't pre oder it either hence why they are resorting to scalpers.

2. Where else are we going to get it then?

3. That's you and I agree its just piece of hollow plastic and not worth it but I think you should respect others who just have to have the EX no matter what the cost.

4. Now that I totally agree with. However, the sellers won't sell it for less so temptation gets the better of some people and this is what happens. I would rather people not cave in either and not buy it so the price wouldn't go up but people just can't resist.

5. I don't think its the wait, its more the fact that they will miss out on the EX. Like I said before getting it early is just a bonus to them.

Even if I crapped money it's the principle of the thing, that I would not spend more than $600 on this. However, I have nothing against other people that do except they make it harder for folk like me to go against his principles and buy the figure. :gah: :lol

What do you mean by this? I am pretty sure there are some very rich people on these boards. Heck, I think this Hobby is basically for rich people.

No I think it is out of control also but it is what it is.

I know you say you are not trying to start a war but it sounds like you are as you keep harping on this subject and calling people nutty for buying this. Since this figure sells out for these huge prices I don't think it is just these people on the boards that are responsible for this but other people that don't even participate in these forums as well IMO.

Back