Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's necessarily fair. Iron Man spanked T2 at the box office to the tune of almost $60,000,000, doing 3x as much in it's opening weekend alone. There's also significant differences between the MKI, MKII and MKIII. More than say, the T-700 & T-800. :huh

You need to remember though a movie today cost more to go see than it did in
91. Oops I never noticed someone already covered that my bad.

Last edited:
The only other thing I noticed: body doesnt look buffed up...looks skinny

Did you miss the doubled-D chest?! :dunno

You need to remember though a movie today cost more to go see than it did in

That's the problem when you bring up older posts before getting to latter ones. I discussed comparing it to T3 or even TS, neither of which were remotely close, and then brought it closer with the figures, utilizing the differences between the Iron Man suits being more visually different than the T-800 & T-700, or this Arnold, different variants of him and the one from T3 who'll likely only have an outfit change with variants to follow.

Woohoo, it's not the Dutch body, or if it is, the arms are new and more like Wolverine :rock

01151.jpg

T-shirt needs to be added/corrected though.

Look HT, black, blacker than his leather gear.

terminator_two_judgement_day.jpg

This is all wrong. The accessories are anachronistic. He wore a black T Pre-Chett's. That includes the shotgun scenes, bullet riddled jacket, shades, etc. Gray T post Chett's, which includes the robotic arm reveal At Miles.

I guess they'll be making a few more versions.

In compare with the SIDESHOW version it looks beatiful :

19079326.663125.jpg

but as i said only in compare with the SIDESHOW version :
terminatort21.jpg

The NECA have better likeness.

old pic and old figure, but I still like this figure and it will look good next to HT's.
id5dae.jpg

This is all wrong. The accessories are anachronistic. He wore a black T Pre-Chett's. That includes the shotgun scenes, bullet riddled jacket, shades, etc. Gray T post Chett's, which includes the robotic arm reveal At Miles.

I guess they'll be making a few more versions.

I honestly think the first pic going L to R is a black T. Looks as if the lighting/material is making it look a bit grey where the others are clearly a lighter tone.

It's too bad they didn't include the forearm/hand skin he could hold in his other hand to compliment the revealed arm. That'd make a damn good and purchase-worthy Ex for Sideshow.

What suggests there won't be an exclusive for Sideshow?

We don't have the official specs yet.

How quickly people have forgotten that Sideshow's figure came out years ago and was a measly $50. :dunno

This is true. I slag it off a lot here but I didn't think it was too bad at all when I bought it apart from the anorexic body. Its only natural that later figures will be an improvement and step up from it.

Did you miss the doubled-D chest?! :dunno
You missed what AmanaMatt was talking about. An easy mistake. They were talking about the BD T-800. Hot Toys first figure. Evil was saying even though the likeness was crap, due to it being unlicensed at the time I believe, the rest of the figure was Hot Toys quality, and AmanaMatt was saying the body was still subpar.

I don't mind the Sideshow version. I think the likeness is good and the quality of the outfit is good as well. I do believe you are quite correct in people forgetting about the extraordinary value Sideshow gave us. Their T800 may not have had the body bulk but they at least had the colour of his shirt correct. :lol

I think I'll hang onto my Sideshow version. Give the Hot Toys one a miss and wait to see what better version they come out with later. I've been bitten by the first version bug too many times. No doubt it's a great buy for new collectors, and knowing Hot Toys, you'll have to have this version if you want a grey t shirt and the biological arm because they probably wont include it in upcoming versions. So you'll need it to have a thorough Terminator collection. Hot toys. Cold marketing.

You missed what AmanaMatt was talking about. An easy mistake. They were talking about the BD T-800. Hot Toys first figure. Evil was saying even though the likeness was crap, due to it being unlicensed at the time I believe, the rest of the figure was Hot Toys quality, and AmanaMatt was saying the body was still subpar.

I don't mind the Sideshow version. I think the likeness is good and the quality of the outfit is good as well. I do believe you are quite correct in people forgetting about the extraordinary value Sideshow gave us. Their T800 may not have had the body bulk but they at least had the colour of his shirt correct. :lol

I think I'll hang onto my Sideshow version. Give the Hot Toys one a miss and wait to see what better version they come out with later. I've been bitten by the first version bug too many times. No doubt it's a great buy for new collectors, and knowing Hot Toys, you'll have to have this version if you want a grey t shirt and the biological arm because they probably wont include it in upcoming versions. So you'll need it to have a thorough Terminator collection. Hot toys. Cold marketing.

Correct. The post was a bit confusing. :lol Though, despite the normal TT, it was still a great really figure.

As for this HT version. I intend to do exactly that unless the Ex is just something that I can't pass up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back