Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanna know where i can get a zipper the size of my face?

Don't forget about the shades:
big-sunglasses.jpg

Usually when they lay out all the accessories like that, what you see is what you get. Sometimes they make adjustments but they rarely add in a whole extra part.

And we'll know if theres a exclusive when Toy Hunters shows its window display. If it has a VIP members item than thats it. Otherwise its unlikely

NECA is laughable at best.:lol

Everyone starts hating on the low-end collectibles. NECA is not laughable. Those figures will be excellent 7" companions to Hot Toys 12". Anyones terminator collection could easily have both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually when they lay out all the accessories like that, what you see is what you get. Sometimes they make adjustments but they rarely add in a whole extra part.

And we'll know if theres a exclusive when Toy Hunters shows its window display. If it has a VIP members item than thats it. Otherwise its unlikely
so no giant zipper then?

This is what happens when that fool comes along, everyone starts hating on the low-end collectibles. NECA is not laughable. Those figures will be excellent 7" companions to Hot Toys 12". Anyones terminator collection could easily have both.

I don't think people are hating on the stuff per say. Just pointing out the idiocy of thinking it's comparable or superior to high-end collectibles.

maybe from Hot Toys, maybe no, not significance... only a little differnce between the two:

228-1.jpg

RAGDOLLS FOREVER !

Last edited:
I don't think people are hating on the stuff per say. Just pointing out the idiocy of thinking it's comparable or superior to high-end collectibles.

Aspects of them can be better. There are grey areas here. Tankmans NECA headsculpt is better than the Sideshow one despite having a more primitive finish, the odd visible seam and only a low-end paintjob. The hair is more accurate as is the whole shape of the head and neck. The figure's build is quite clearly better than Sideshow, I won't take any argument of that seriously.

Perhaps you prefer having ''real'' clothes - but do you still prefer them even when they look as silly as Sideshows? Perhaps you prefer the far greater articulation...ok fine. Me I'd rather a figure look better but thats a subjective matter.

Well now that it says Movie Masterpiece I guess we have to worry about a DX follow-up. :)

But I'm glad there's hope for a BD version from Cyberdyne. That's what I'll wait for.

But this is a much improved version of the Sideshow one, complete with rose box.

Well, I was about to agree with you, and refer you to my comment above until your last sentence. Do you own both to make the comparison? Or are you jumping on the delusional bandwagon in favor of the "kiddie" toys?

Sorry but you can't get me there. Yes I do own both. And I do strongly want to disassociate myself now from Oleck, hes clearly a troll. Oleck the troll, that has quite a fitting ring to it.

I'm not going to say that NECAs is better than Hot Toys but yes I do firmly believe it is better than Sideshows.

Aspects of them can be better. There are grey areas here. Tankmans NECA headsculpt is better than the Sideshow one despite having a more primitive finish, the odd visible seam and only a low-end paintjob. The hair is more accurate as is the whole shape of the head and neck. The figure's build is quite clearly better than Sideshow, I won't take any argument of that seriously.

is the sideshow version really high end though ?. How much was it ?. I only paid £20.00 at a local forbidden planet if I remember correctly.

Perhaps you prefer having ''real'' clothes - but do you still prefer them even when they look as silly as Sideshows? Perhaps you prefer the far greater articulation...ok fine. Me I'd rather a figure look better but thats a subjective matter.

That's just it. No, no and no. You can't have a superior product if it's got a "primitive" finish, visible seam and low-end paint job. Comparing the NECA to the Sideshow, Sideshow's was just more refined all the way around. Additionally, real cloth beats sculpted cloth any day of the week, especially if trying to display it in a collection of real-clothed collectibles. As for articulation, when dealing with "action figures," articulation beats asthetics every day of the week. This is why you see us high-end collectors complaining about the rubber bodies. The only thing superior about the NECA is the sunglasses, but those alone do not allow the piece to even hold a candle to Sideshow's.

That's just it. No, no and no. You can't have a superior product if it's got a "primitive" finish, visible seam and low-end paint job. Comparing the NECA to the Sideshow, Sideshow's was just more refined all the way around. Additionally, real cloth beats sculpted cloth any day of the week, especially if trying to display it in a collection of real-clothed collectibles. As for articulation, when dealing with "action figures," articulation beats asthetics every day of the week. This is why you see us high-end collectors complaining about the rubber bodies. The only thing superior about the NECA is the sunglasses, but those alone do not allow the piece to even hold a candle to Sideshow's.

So Sideshows is better just because its more ''refined''? Even despite what I would consider to be an objective fact that the headsculpt is superior in its accuracy to Arnold Schwarzennegger? Just compare the two figures to photos of Arnie at this site

https://mikes-images.com/misc/t2/index_9.htm

Do you guys honestly see the Sideshow sculpt as the better one? Forget about it being more refined. You think the shapes and details are all more accurate than NECAs? OK put it this way - what if NECAs one did have a high-end finish? None of that roughness, no seams, a detailed paintjob.

As for the rubber bodies thing - I'm actually in agreement in this case - I didn't want a rubber body as theres just no need. The clothes hide any joints and I have confidence that with Hot Toys we'll get clothes that look good unlike SS.

So Sideshows is better just because its more ''refined''? Even despite what I would consider to be an objective fact that the headsculpt is superior in its accuracy to Arnold Schwarzennegger? Just compare the two figures to photos of Arnie at this site

https://mikes-images.com/misc/t2/index_9.htm

Do you guys honestly see the Sideshow sculpt as the better one? Forget about it being more refined. You think the shapes and details are all more accurate than NECAs? OK put it this way - what if NECAs one did have a high-end finish? None of that roughness, no seams, a detailed paintjob.

The figure as a whole is more refined... period. If NECA's was more polished, more articulation and real clothing, you'd have a better argument. Unfortunately, it's just a solid hunk of plastic. Again, in a collection of high-end collectibles, you'd single out the NECA as more of a toy than the rest.

Last edited:
Overpriced RAGDOLLS without any likeness Forever !

The figure as a whole is more refined... period. If NECA's was more polished, more articulation and real clothing, you'd have a better argument. Unfortunately, it's just a solid hunk of plastic. Again, in a collection of high-end collectibles, you'd single out the NECA as more of a toy than the rest.

I don't even agree with that. The clothes are poor - I don't call that being 'refined'. There was no effort to recreate Arnies body proportions - I don't call that 'refined'. As I've said repeatedly the headsculpt, although acceptable at the time, has been bested by NECAs in terms of accuracy to Arnies facial likeness, hair and headshape (which you didn't argue with I notice). NECAs plastic makes a more accurate looking representation overall. Sideshows figure looks like a Ken doll. I can't understand how that is more acceptable to many of you than simply putting up with 'rigid plastic clothes' and an absence of a high-end finishing touch.

In the end it doesn't matter anyway because Hot Toys are doing it now. And despite what yer man is on about it looks pretty damn good even as is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back