Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that's steep. That's pretty much the price of the entire figure. I wish it was more like $225.
That's fair, these custom heads aren't cheap by any means. I think it all just depends on your personal attachment/value for a character as well as what figures you choose to put money into. I'm pretty much only buying DC stuff these days and not much of it tbh. 1989 Batman, Batman Begins, and this movie are my favorites and I want to have each of those figures be as best as possible. if that means not picking up the Batman and Robin figures, or the TDK armory set, etc. I can live with that.

I'll be getting one. That's actually pretty good price wise especially it being painted. I paid $330 for Gesus Mad Max Fury Road sculpt and that was unpainted. Then another $300 for SilentSurfer to paint it. Lucky sold and made a profit on the whole figure but as far as price goes this sculpt is worth it.

I'm considering it but at the same time feel it's too early to commit just like with the custom cape.. what if a better custom sculpt is revealed? $300+ for a placeholder:thud:

I'm considering it but at the same time feel it's too early to commit just like with the custom cape.. what if a better custom sculpt is revealed? $300+ for a placeholder:thud:
The way I see it, Unreal's is plenty good for me. If there's a margin for improvement, it's not that major that I'll be kicking myself about it later.

Whereas for Hot Toys' and Inart's attempt, I knew right away that neither was going to make the cut for what I'm looking for.

If anything, there's more to be improved upon for the body and suit on both figures. Those are more subject to the placeholder label.

#waitforOT
Not a bad idea to wait for more options. As long as you're not in a hurry, it's a wise choice.

However there's no indication of anything else on the horizon, so who's to say how long that could be.. for something better no less to reveal itself?

I'm not as patient to find out.

As for OT, I have no reason to believe he can deliver something superior. He's not as passionate / Invested in the material as he is for Nolan's. He doesn't have the right prop to scan, which provided him a solid foundation for his work, that he's also spent many more years tweaking and perfecting.

He's not as skilled as Unreal, to develop something from scratch, in a timely manner, whilst juggling a number of different projects simultaneously.

I'd be curious to see JND's take on this figure. A seamless articulated cowl would be really interesting. The silicone would give a nice texture. And the glass eyes would work really well.

Their 1/3 is also the best attempt all around at the character thus far.

I don’t really have a problem with Oaty myself, and because of him, I finally have an amazing Begins representation, probably the best thing in my whole collection from an accuracy perspective (I know it’s based on a scan and not ground up original work). Nevertheless, I guess I just like his work. But I understand/empathize with people’s feelings on the matter.

I don’t really have a problem with Oaty myself, and because of him, I finally have an amazing Begins representation, probably the best thing in my whole collection from an accuracy perspective (I know it’s based on a scan and not ground up original work). Nevertheless, I guess I just like his work. But I understand/empathize with people’s feelings on the matter.
I don't think anybody will criticise the actual sculpts. People take issue with the person himself. He's got a bad rep. And a considerable track record as well.

Be very mindful when dealing with people as such. Don't let your limited experience with a person be the only determinant in the way you regard them..

I've had decent experiences turn sour the second time. Usually you can't tell until an issue arises.

Did they send you the wrong order? Or a damaged item?

Did something in their personal lives deter them from fulfilling your order?

Will they throw you under the bus to recoup their losses, or make up for their own failure?

In the instances that I've been scammed, I may have put too much trust in somebody based on my initial impression, or a previous experience, only for them to turn around and rob me when they saw the chance.

*On that note,
Today marks 3 months since I ordered my Joker shoes from por.toys. Hoping this doesn't go south.

Last edited:
I think Justin scammer collection did it on the inArt review

Off topic
Dean is showing the Unreal toys prototype of the batison sculpt 🙀 on both Inart and hot toys body

I promise to my self that the osk cape will be my final mod but f, think I'm gonna get one of those sculpts

This might have just sold me on a sculpt that costs as much as a whole figure.
The realism is just on a whole other level.
I’d like for Unreal to actually get his InArt figure in and perfect the connector and any other adjustments before placing an order though.

Is this sort of thing only available for a limited time?

This might have just sold me on a sculpt that costs as much as a whole figure.
The realism is just on a whole other level.
I’d like for Unreal to actually get his InArt figure in and perfect the connector and any other adjustments before placing an order though.

Is this sort of thing only available for a limited time?
None of his custom sculpts are limited. Thankfully he doesn’t do limited # project runs, so if next year your ready & u want it go for it.

Earlier this yr he did the EG captain sculpt for me. It’s about 3-5 yrs old when he first created it.

None of his custom sculpts are limited. Thankfully he doesn’t do limited # project runs, so if next year your ready & u want it go for it.

Earlier this yr he did the EG captain sculpt for me. It’s about 3-5 yrs old when he first created it.
Thanks for info. I appreciate not being pressured into ordering limited, exclusive items with FOMO.
Gonna continue watching this The Batman space for a little while longer to see what emerges.

Will be buying the sculpt also. Feel HT could have definitely done it the same way Lucky did his, but going with a split sculpt design was easier for them. Full neck brings the look out more as the neck is one piece, and it keeps that amazing silhouette.

Back