Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this was an older post. But I love your body mods! How did you get the armor to look smoother? Just paint?

Would you mind listing your mods?

Thanks very much!

Only mods done were slimming out the fatsuit at the waist and then running a black wash over the armour plate gaps, together with tamiya weathering to the plates themselves. 😊👍🏻

Credit to Eric Lovato on facebook for posting this mod. He suggested using light coats of yellow acrylic paint to tint the led in the batsignal. I went a bit further and added an additional warming filter, cut to size, behind the glass. This helps balance the color and also gives the glass a warm tint when unlit. Altogether, still not as nice as InArt's, BUT I really like how the HT signal actually does cast a bat shape onto the wall, like a batsignal should. I'm not sure why Inart neglected to do the same.

View attachment 699024

View attachment 699025
Late to the party! This looks great. Was it easy to separate? Any tips?

Thanks very much!

Only mods done were slimming out the fatsuit at the waist and then running a black wash over the armour plate gaps, together with tamiya weathering to the plates themselves. 😊👍🏻
Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply. Out of the box I think InArt looks awesome. But I’ve fallen in love with modded HT versions lol. So I plan on having that as my Batman. Appreciate it!

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply. Out of the box I think InArt looks awesome. But I’ve fallen in love with modded HT versions lol. So I plan on having that as my Batman. Appreciate it!

No worries! If you want any further specific tips or help please feel free to DM me. 😊

I actually agree with you. Sold off my InArt and when I can afford to again, I’m going to buy the HT, mod it and get the unreal sculpt, neck and collar.

No worries! If you want any further specific tips or help please feel free to DM me. 😊

I actually agree with you. Sold off my InArt and when I can afford to again, I’m going to buy the HT, mod it and get the unreal sculpt, neck and collar.

Dang, I remember you were super excited for the InArt Battinson. Did it end up falling short in-hand?

Dang, I remember you were super excited for the InArt Battinson. Did it end up falling short in-hand?

After the initial hype it absolutely did. Felt fragile, had accessories broken and lacked the impact on my shelf I personally felt when I looked at my modded HT.

The sculpt is great but the double cut neck bugged the hell out of me and the sculpt tended to drop forward.

I had to sell as needed cash but if it was a choice I probably still would have, as the more I had it the more I wanted my HT back (with a new sculpt of course).

After the initial hype it absolutely did. Felt fragile, had accessories broken and lacked the impact on my shelf I personally felt when I looked at my modded HT.

The sculpt is great but the double cut neck bugged the hell out of me and the sculpt tended to drop forward.

I had to sell as needed cash but if it was a choice I probably still would have, as the more I had it the more I wanted my HT back (with a new sculpt of course).

Yeah, looking at a lot of pictures and reviews the InArt figure seemed to have a lot of “jank”. The individual pieces look great, but assembled as a full figure he looks weird. The terrible neck cut, proportions looking off, etc. A brand new 1/6 company taking a swing at a complex suit like that early on is risky. Not sure how I feel about them doing Bale or Affleck honestly - hopefully they’ll get their kinks ironed out.

Hot Toys’ Battinson seems to have way more intensity/life in the eyes too. Not sure why but I’m really not feeling InArt’s sculpt as much. The suit details (notably the ab area) look nicer on InArt’s though, IMO.

Your modded Hot Toys Battinson was absolutely incredible. I’d love to see that paired with Unreal’s sculpt when you get him again. :duff

Yeah, looking at a lot of pictures and reviews the InArt figure seemed to have a lot of “jank”. The individual pieces look great, but assembled as a full figure he looks weird. The terrible neck cut, proportions looking off, etc. A brand new 1/6 company taking a swing at a complex suit like that early on is risky. Not sure how I feel about them doing Bale or Affleck honestly - hopefully they’ll get their kinks ironed out.

Hot Toys’ Battinson seems to have way more intensity/life in the eyes too. Not sure why but I’m really not feeling InArt’s sculpt as much. The suit details (notably the ab area) look nicer on InArt’s though, IMO.

Your modded Hot Toys Battinson was absolutely incredible. I’d love to see that paired with Unreal’s sculpt when you get him again. :duff

I think you’ve perfectly summed up what I couldn’t quite express. It just looked off as a whole piece to me.

You’re right regarding the intensity. No denying the HT has an odd shape and the InArt one is obviously superior but just lacks any emotion to me.

Thanks very much for your praise on my modded HT, means a lot. I look forward to assembling it with the unreal pieces and custom drape cape. 😊👍🏻

Really appreciate it!

My new one is coming this week. I plan on fully taking it apart.

I'm going to use EVA foam and "sculpt" the body better, and free up remaining articulation. Then I'll sew a body suit overtop to make sure everything stays in place.

I figured for paint I'll do a dark wash to align the fabric color and then weathering from there. I'll let you know what issues I run into lol! There is always something.

Back