Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

I want Enterbay to make this one.

I don't think enterbay would do one. The Bruce Lee figures were very cool ofcourse but besides that Enterbay is one boring-ass company their choices for figures can't get more boring.

I don't think enterbay would do one. The Bruce Lee figures were very cool ofcourse but besides that Enterbay is one boring-ass company their choices for figures can't get more boring.

It's not their fault that you find greatness boring.

It's not their fault that you find greatness boring.

Their quality is great but their choices aren't. Mr Bean:rolleyes:, tv shows:rolleyes:, random Hong Kong celebrities:confused:. I can think of a million things more interesting than that! Their Bruce Lee is great because Bruce is just an immortal icon and deserves the best figures possible but other than that Enterbay hasn't done anything interesting.

Hot Toys is way more adventurous and exciting.

errr random Hong Kong Celebrities????
Obviously you dont know how big Jay Chou & Jet Li are in Asia.

i'd like to see both enterbay and hot toys do the crow. that way i can see forums filled up with fanboys fighting with each other anonymously. :lol

seriously though if both companies did him we can pick and choose instead of settiling on just the one version. who cares someone make him already

errr random Hong Kong Celebrities????
Obviously you dont know how big Jay Chou & Jet Li are in Asia.

Yes and Henny huisman is big in The Netherlands does that mean they should make a Henny figure:lol? A Jet Li figure is understandable though, never even heard of Jay Chou.

Yes and Henny huisman is big in The Netherlands does that mean they should make a Henny figure:lol? A Jet Li figure is understandable though, never even heard of Jay Chou.

yes, but enterbay is an asian company, so they do asian celebrities. i applaud enterbay's choices, not going for the safe products they know will sell to foreign audiences. they're not boring to me, they're refreshing. it shows they do what they want, and that means they care more about the licenses they have.

they're a newish company. as they grow they'll get the power to acquire bigger and bigger licenses - 24 is a good example. godfather even better. and they're improving with each release too. considering the techniques and benchmarks in quality they've introduced to the business, i wouldn't ever call them boring.

and sometimes you have to step out of your own little world to appreciate what a company is doing or the products they're releasing. it's very ethnocentric to say that some of the greatest stars to grace asian cinema are boring. enterbay brought several bruce lees, jet li, and soon jackie chan. when would that have ever happened with another company, focused on foreign licenses?

oh and 24 isn't just some tv show - it's an international phenomenon, on par with some of the biggest blockbuster movie releases. jack bauer is a character that will live on for a VERY long time, like indiana jones or darth vader. that's not JUST a tv show.

I'm in for Hot Toys doing this. There's nothing wrong with Enterbay but Hot Toys is on such a damn role. Adding a Eric Draven to the Movie Masterpieces line would be a great move on their part :D

and sometimes you have to step out of your own little world to appreciate what a company is doing or the products they're releasing. it's very ethnocentric to say that some of the greatest stars to grace asian cinema are boring. enterbay brought several bruce lees, jet li, and soon jackie chan. when would that have ever happened with another company, focused on foreign licenses?

O get lost with your ethnocentric remark. I don't care about celebreties at all!! wether they are asian or western. Interesting fictional characters is the way to go, not idolizing glorified millionairs. I have been studying buddhism for 14 years, i feel much more related to asian cultures than to western cultures.

oh and 24 isn't just some tv show - it's an international phenomenon, on par with some of the biggest blockbuster movie releases. jack bauer is a character that will live on for a VERY long time, like indiana jones or darth vader. that's not JUST a tv show.

It's a tv show.

Enterbay is boring. Hot toys are my heroes for finally making Major Dutch. HT should do The Crow.

O get lost with your ethnocentric remark. I don't care about celebreties at all!! wether they are asian or western. Interesting fictional characters is the way to go, not idolizing glorified millionairs. I have been studying buddhism for 14 years, i feel much more related to asian cultures than to western cultures.

It's a tv show.

Enterbay is boring. Hot toys are my heroes for finally making Major Dutch. HT should do The Crow.

well now you went and hurt my feelings. there's no need to be rude. forget the fact that i find your comment about glorified millionaires quite ridiculous (and insulting - bruce lee was more than just a damn celebrity! and if you don't mean him then i really don't know who you mean - jay chou is the only character so far enterbay have released that is a celebrity version, which in case you hadn't noticed hot toys are also doing with their m icons line), my question would be did you actually learn anything in your 14 years of buddhism. i've never said it before, but you're one of the rudest guys on here. and for the record i still think you're being ethnocentric. otherwise why would you have made that comment about random hong kong celebrities? is this the john wayne school of buddhism by any chance?

wow guys chill out. No need for this crap. lets just talk about how we NEED THIS FIGURE MADE!!!! NO ARGUING. ONLY ARGUING WITH COMPANY'S FOR NOT DOING THIS FIGURE IS ALLOWED!!!

C'mon guys,relax. :D

It's a tv show.

I. . . . . . . . . . .

I cant be arsed to even bother with this thread:lol

Come on Bandai/Tomy make the Crow for god sake and put us all out our misery!

I. . . . . . . . . . .

I cant be arsed to even bother with this thread:lol

Come on Bandai/Tomy make the Crow for god sake and put us all out our misery!

I know. We want this figure so bad we're turning each other :lol Hot Toys,Sideshow,look at what you're doing to us!!!!

I'd def be down for a hot toys Eric Draven :rock

Last edited:

=eighthsamurai;1516038]well now you went and hurt my feelings. there's no need to be rude. forget the fact that i find your comment about glorified millionaires quite ridiculous (and insulting - bruce lee was more than just a damn celebrity!

You know very damn well i don't mean Bruce lee! I'm a big Bruce Lee fan. I already mentioned my Bruce Lee fandom many times.

And you know what is insulting, your avatar! What the hell has that kitschy Joker crap got to do with Brandon or The Crow!!

and if you don't mean him then i really don't know who you mean - jay chou is the only character so far enterbay have released that is a celebrity version

Sure and with the few characters they have released that's pathetic.

which in case you hadn't noticed hot toys are also doing with their m icons line),

So what, atleast they are doing interesting things besides that line.

my question would be did you actually learn anything in your 14 years of buddhism. i've never said it before, but you're one of the rudest guys on here.

Don't read so many new-age crap. If you think buddhism is about sugar-topping everything your wrong. The famous japanese master Dogen (a buddhist monk) spend allot of time calling inferior teachers idiotic donkeys.

and for the record i still think you're being ethnocentric. otherwise why would you have made that comment about random hong kong celebrities? is this the john wayne school of buddhism by any chance?

That's because you are a moron. They are random Hong Kong celebrities, not random dutch celebrities, not random french celebrities. What else should i call them?

If they were making Henny huisman, andre hazes etc i would call them random dutch celebrities.

Ethnocentrism: is the tendency to look at the world primarily from the perspective of one's own culture.

How does that even apply here???? I freaking HATE my own country and culture (wich is The Netherlands).

Now shut up and eat your cornflakes.

Last edited:

You know very damn well i don't mean Bruce lee! I'm a big Bruce Lee fan. I already mentioned my Bruce Lee fandom many times.

And you know what is insulting, your avatar! What the hell has that kitschy Joker crap got to do with Brandon or The Crow!!

Sure and with the few characters they have released that's pathetic.

So what, atleast they are doing interesting things besides that line.

Don't read so many new-age crap. If you think buddhism is about sugar-topping everything your wrong. The famous japanese master Dogen (a buddhist monk) spend allot of time calling inferior teachers idiotic donkeys.

That's because you are a moron. They are random Hong Kong celebrities, not random dutch celebrities, not random french celebrities. What else should i call them?

If they were making Henny huisman, andre hazes etc i would call them random dutch celebrities.

Ethnocentrism: is the tendency to look at the world primarily from the perspective of one's own culture.

How does that even apply here???? I freaking HATE my own country and culture (wich is The Netherlands).

Now shut up and eat your cornflakes.

ravings.

firstly, i can't believe i stuck up for you against shai. you may as well be the same obnoxious guy as far as i'm concerned. just a few things before i choose not to respond to you anymore, and i'll try and be as polite as possible as one of us really should be (and i'll ignore the more lunatic statements you made) - i was one of the first supporters of Hot Toys on this forum. don't assume my support of enterbay means i support hot toys any less.

my avatar was a tribute to two rising stars that died before their time, whose last performances were amazing. i find your comments about it quite sickening - i don't know why you made such an outlandish comment, but it was just plain judgemental and wrong, without knowing anything about it.

culture isn't bound by national borders, its much more complex than that. your interpretation of ethnocentrism is therefore flawed.

i've tried to get past your exterior on other threads thinking you were an ok guy. now i'm done with you.

oh one last thing - believing people shouldn't behave like jerks isn't from reading "new age crap" (more ethnocentricism?), its from an inherent belief in common courtesy, decency and politeness.

my avatar was a tribute to two rising stars that died before their time, whose last performances were amazing. i find your comments about it quite sickening - i don't know why you made such an outlandish comment, but it was just plain judgemental and wrong, without knowing anything about it.

Not plain judgemental and wrong, i just can't stand that sick disgusting joker character (i mean no offence to the late Heath Ledger, may he rest in peace) you all idolize and to see it fused with a character that i love makes me angry. The Crow was about justice for victims, a symbol that is totally opposite of what a scumbag like the Joker symbolizes. why do i get the feeling (despite your explanation) that you only made that avatar because they both wore make-up in their last performances:rolleyes:.

culture isn't bound by national borders, its much more complex than that. your interpretation of ethnocentrism is therefore flawed.

I never said it was bound by borders, i just mentioned that i hated my own country and culture. The point is that your accusation of my comment being ethnocentric just didn't apply or make sense at all. You probably just wanted to sound intellectuel huh.

i've tried to get past your exterior on other threads thinking you were an ok guy. now i'm done with you.

I still think you are an ok guy but apparantly you seem to live in the illusion that a common greedy toy company like Enterbay needs to be defended by a buyer (you) they don't give a ^^^^ about (they like your wallet though) against anyone who utters some criticism. And may i add defending them with an over-sensitive, redicilous, paranoid arsenal!

one last thing - believing people shouldn't behave like jerks isn't from reading "new age crap"

and the point is?

(more ethnocentricism?)

Naah, you don't understand the meaning or in wich context to use it. I know you like that word but enough already:lol.

its from an inherent belief in common courtesy, decency and politeness.

You know, there might be an undiscovered island where behaving like a jerk is seen as common courtesty, decency and politeness. How ethnocentric of you to think that your cultural view of common courtesy is absolute, it is afterall just a view, how ethnocentric:lol.

Last edited:
Back