Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

Can someone help me please?
I signed up on the waitlist for this guy yesterday.:yess:
But I then e-mailed sideshow via live chat and got to talking. They said that in the newsletter, where it said gordon would be in stock in the next 30 days, was not true.:thud:
My real question is, is there anybody else on the waitlist now? Or has anybody been on the waitlist recently who was successful and got a Gordon shipped? Am I wasting my time on the waitlist?:dunno
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I just don't want to hold my breath on this guy if I know I will be dissapointed.
All Help appreciated, and thanks for reading, my fellow freaks. :1-1:

yea, i thought it was just a misprint. I actually got on the waitlist on September 6, and have ZERO faith it will covert. I already bought him Ebay for a great price, but if my WL coverts, I might kitbash him....

edit...kinda glad i got him right when he was first shipping, prices have been going up ...yeesh

Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

Hopefully. If not dx13 maybe MMS since Hot Toys did tease a Trenchcoat Gordon in the Dark Knightfall videos. But only time will tell.

Even though it featured Hot Toys products, I thought I remembered that video was just for fun by those 2 guys and not actually endorsed by Hot Toys in any way. That being said, I won't be surprised if a trench coat Gordon is an official MMS release some day.

After the Tumbler, nothing except the Bat can be called huge anymore in the 1/6 world for me :lol

True, but as far as accessories are concerned, a signal would be significant. Has Hot Toys ever released an accessory of this size before? I guess that Mech test Tony Stark could be considered comparable?

Hopefully. If not dx13 maybe MMS since Hot Toys did tease a Trenchcoat Gordon in the Dark Knightfall videos. But only time will tell.
That Dark Knight all video was not done by Hot Toys.
It was a done by some fans of Hot Toys that got their attention.
I am also almost 100% positive the Gordon they used is just a kitbash of the S.W.A.
. Version. Pause it and compare closely.... it is the same sculpt.

But I am sure we will see a Commissioner version.

True, but as far as accessories are concerned, a signal would be significant. Has Hot Toys ever released an accessory of this size before? I guess that Mech test Tony Stark could be considered comparable?

Yeah I think that would be the only comparable accessory that they've done.

For all their cash grabbing though it boggles my mind why we haven't yet seen a Commish Gordon with Batsignal at $300, or for that matter a Bruce Wayne with armoury.

For all their cash grabbing though it boggles my mind why we haven't yet seen a Commish Gordon with Batsignal at $300, or for that matter a Bruce Wayne with armoury.

Since it took them this long to secure any form of Gordon, I can understand the delay for a signal. And honestly, I think HT could produce one fairly easily without too many production/shipping issues. A $300 MMS Commissioner Gordon in a trenchcoat w/signal would sell like mad. :lecture

Bruce is an entirely different story. They've been including his sculpt since the V1 and have yet to offer a suit (would've been an ideal compliment to the DX 12 release IMO) let alone an accessory like an armory. And I don't think the armory (TDK) is as feasible as a signal just because of the amount of moving parts and pieces.

After the Tumbler, nothing except the Bat can be called huge anymore in the 1/6 world for me :lol

Until Hot Toys gets bored and makes a room-size Batcave...

If the Bat-signal/Gordon set sold for $300, that would be a great value for the money (something Hot Toys doesn't seem to care much about these days). It would certainly look great on my shelf with Gordon, Batman and Harvey situated around it.

I'd also buy an armory from Dark Knight, as the customs I've seen look very impressive, so there's no telling how great Hot Toys could make one look.

Since it took them this long to secure any form of Gordon, I can understand the delay for a signal. And honestly, I think HT could produce one fairly easily without too many production/shipping issues. A $300 MMS Commissioner Gordon in a trenchcoat w/signal would sell like mad. :lecture

Bruce is an entirely different story. They've been including his sculpt since the V1 and have yet to offer a suit (would've been an ideal compliment to the DX 12 release IMO) let alone an accessory like an armory. And I don't think the armory (TDK) is as feasible as a signal just because of the amount of moving parts and pieces.

Well could easily do a simple Begins armoury and even that would sell like mad I think!

That Dark Knight all video was not done by Hot Toys.
It was a done by some fans of Hot Toys that got their attention.

Pretty sure it must have been an ad paid for by Hot Toys. They used Bane and The Bat, both of which have not been released yet. The only ay they could have done that is with Hot Toys's help and permission.

If the Bat-signal/Gordon set sold for $300, that would be a great value for the money (something Hot Toys doesn't seem to care much about these days).

WHAT? That would be TERRIBLE value for the money. A 1/6 signal isn't a whole lot more than a DX stand - it's a light in plastic housing, the electronics isn't any more complicated or anything.

$300 for a figure with a minimum of accessories (a gun or two?) and one head is way too much, even if you throw in a glorified light-up DX stand.

WHAT? That would be TERRIBLE value for the money. A 1/6 signal isn't a whole lot more than a DX stand - it's a light in plastic housing, the electronics isn't any more complicated or anything.

$300 for a figure with a minimum of accessories (a gun or two?) and one head is way too much, even if you throw in a glorified light-up DX stand.

Given that a simple figure like Gordon should be priced no more than $160, another $130-140 for a nicely done 1/6 Batsignal is pretty decent value in my book.

Anyhow, whilst I don't need one, still hope they do it though!

Pretty sure it must have been an ad paid for by Hot Toys. They used Bane and The Bat, both of which have not been released yet. The only ay they could have done that is with Hot Toys's help and permission.

Yeah, once I saw all the unreleased stuff I just assumed it was by Hot Toys. Sorry for misleading information guys. :slap

$300 does sound a little stiff especially When the DX11 comes with what it does. I know a 1/6 bat signal would be a bigger accessory than a table & chair, but as you stated, he may only come with a gun ortwo and one HS as apposed to the joker's backdrop, pencil, 2nd HS and multiple weapons and hands.
Regardless. I'd purchase a Gordon anyway since it seems I won't be gettingthe SWAT version unless I pay the ridiculous ebay prices.:monkey2

It even Thanks Hot Toys at the end. I am sure HT sought them out and are familiar with their work and thought it would be good advertising and publicity. But that Gordon is still the S.W.A.T. version sculpt.

It even Thanks Hot Toys at the end. I am sure HT sought them out and are familiar with their work and thought it would be good advertising and publicity. But that Gordon is still the S.W.A.T. version sculpt.

Sorry:slap I never knew they thanked Hot Toys at the end.
And looking at it from the perspective you just pointed out, you make a great point.:goodpost:

Well could easily do a simple Begins armoury and even that would sell like mad I think!

Agreed. At this point it seems, pretty much anything - figure/accessory/dio - from the Nolan trilogy will be big bank for HT. :lecture

$300 does sound a little stiff especially When the DX11 comes with what it does. I know a 1/6 bat signal would be a bigger accessory than a table & chair, but as you stated, he may only come with a gun ortwo and one HS as apposed to the joker's backdrop, pencil, 2nd HS and multiple weapons and hands.

A Trench coat Gordon could come with some other items besides the signal: a gun, radio, evidence bag w/Joker card, GCPD coffee mug, stapler, files, a rooftop backdrop, etc. $279 sounds right. :wink1:

A Trench coat Gordon could come with some other items besides the signal: a gun, radio, evidence bag w/Joker card, GCPD coffee mug, stapler, files, a rooftop backdrop, etc. $279 sounds right. :wink1:

Wow Pennyworth, you've just described my perfect 1/6 figure. :hi5:

Wow Pennyworth, you've just described my perfect 1/6 figure. :hi5:

:1-1:
I've considered building a 1:6 desk for my Jim and recreating the stapler scene with him and FNO Bruce....but I gotta have that stapler! :lol

Looking at your sig, I'd love to find photography of those Chicago buildings and print my own detolf-sized backdrop for my signal display....long shot but anyone have any nice photos?

:1-1:
I've considered building a 1:6 desk for my Jim and recreating the stapler scene with him and FNO Bruce....but I gotta have that stapler! :lol

Looking at your sig, I'd love to find photography of those Chicago buildings and print my own detolf-sized backdrop for my signal display....long shot but anyone have any nice photos?

:lol A 1/6 stapler would be a great accessory for any Gordon figure! You could always customise the desk that comes with the DX11.

As far as the backdrop goes, there are good enough pictures on google images. Now it's not great, but this one might do.

Last edited:

Cool kitbashes here! Tried a headplay Dwayne Johnson head on the SWAT Gordon body. Still need the balaclava though. But fits perfect:

kitbashswat1.jpg

kitbashswat2.jpg

Last edited:

i'll sell my gordon...$1000 LOL!!!

Back