1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'd rate the HT T-800's, it would be..

May change once I get to examine MMS238 closely and in hand but for now my best to worst is..

1. DX13
2. DX10
3. MMS136
4. MMS117
5. MMS238
6. MMS02

Man, they all look so different. :lol

It just ain't the sculpts either, look at all those varying skin tones. Dat consistency.

But great comparison it is.
I bet phasing them into each other...or at least certain parts of it, will give us a definite arnie sculpt.
Dunno if the theory will hold itself though...
:lol

Isn't DX10 and Tech Noir the same sculpt (face)?

DSC07221.jpg

Man, they all look so different. :lol

It just ain't the sculpts either, look at all those varying skin tones. Dat consistency.

It's bad lighting for all of them too. Not even DX13 looks all that great there. The old MMSes look hilariously bad with their scrunchy faces. At least in disembodied form in aforementioned harsh lighting which doesn't put the shadows in the right places for Arnie's likeness.

Nope, the DX 10 looks more like the Enterbay sculpt, while the Technoir looks like a younger MMS 117 (the one in the photo)

My mistake, I thought that was the DX10. I guess HT used the 117 as a base sculpt then for TN. Strange, because I never liked the 117 but I really like the TN, and here they look the same.

The Technoir looks very cartoony now.
I can't see what you are referring to here. Paint apps look comparable (238 slightly more pale though), I think the Tech Noir still has the better likeness. Major differences here are size, and the huge melon of the 238 in relation to the body/neck really makes the Tech Noir look like the much better "out of the box" figure by comparison to my eyes.

I can't see what you are referring to here. Paint apps look comparable (238 slightly more pale though), I think the Tech Noir still has the better likeness. Major differences here are size, and the huge melon of the 238 in relation to the body/neck really makes the Tech Noir look like the much better "out of the box" figure by comparison to my eyes.

The technoir's nose, jaw line, and chin are not as accurate, especially if you compared them to the, DX10,13, and 238. I just think that HT finally got the nose,jawline and chin accurately when they made the dx 10 and 13, which was after Enterbay made their first T-800. Before that, the HT mms 117 and Technoir's flaws weren't as obvious, imo. Now when I look at them, they still look good, but I see the flaws.

View attachment 133971
View attachment 133970

Looks to me like the nose and head/jawline are narrower on this sculpt than the DX-13, which most seem to consider the best Arnold sculpt they've done. I don't see any real consistencies from sculpt to sculpt myself. Hard to believe the same sculptor was responsible for all this (I think?).

Looks to me like the nose and head/jawline are narrower on this sculpt than the DX-13, which most seem to consider the best Arnold sculpt they've done. I don't see any real consistencies from sculpt to sculpt myself. Hard to believe the same sculptor was responsible for all this (I think?).

Yulli still sculpting Arnie? Same with the Joker, always her....and they all look different :lol

Back