1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3165_zpsa1e19a08.jpg
Very nice. Thanks for sharing your mods. I've seen others thickening up these muscle necks before, and the thought did cross my mind, but this shows that it works really well. Jacket mod is also very creative. I think I'll do both!

Vest is reversible by the way guys. As in the collar doesn't look weird (such as too high-up on front) when you turn it back-to-front. For what that's worth now considering the back is covered in blood.

Although on that topic, someone mentioned giving it an alcohol wash to maybe get the blood out? Would that perchance be the same rubbing alcohol we used on the DX13 endo parts?

For the neck mod, I'd use cotton instead of black electrical tape.

In the past, I've had electrical tape melt into a goopy mess, especially when air doesn't get to it. Unless you want to take the chance of coming back to that section of the head with black goop all up in the neck, I'd suggest cotton balls. Just rip em' and pinch em'. You could even fill the neck up to your hearts content and press around for the desired fill of it since it would be softer and more pliable.

Yes, I agree about the electrical tape melting to a goo... I've seen it happen.
Cotton is a good choice!
Thanks for the idea!

Yup, I will third the black goo. Never use electrical tape on expensive models.
It actually degrades very quickly. As well as cotton, I use foam, the black sort you get in HT boxes.
And if your gonna need tape use micropore tape. It won't degrade and it won't damage anything.

I just tried a few Head swaps on different muscular bodies and the problem is that the new hs are just bigger and bodies are still the same.

Pics by P.

On the dx13 body they made the Neck larger so it works almost fine (you lose the bulkiness a bit) but here with the mms238 they just used a straight ttm20 body
So we have the same problem as when we wanted to use the second dx13 hs on a ttm20, Neck too thin.
Its gonna keep being a problem if hot toys dont révise the size of their hs or bodies to get them in sync.

Here is Mr.Ecko´s mode for the dx13 HS on ttm20 body.
Basically the same as CK but with masking tape.

You're right. The TTM20 's neck is too narrow for the DX13 Head Sculpt.

Here's an easy solution that i just inverted . :wave

Please note: I feel that the head sits too low on the TTM20 body , so i just used blue tack to raise it up a bit .

Good luck , be careful slicing the seam of the rubber torso cover right below the right armpit area. Once that is cut , carefully remove the cover , it is glued in the front and back , pull slowly.

The custom chest piece is a prototype , i plan on making a rubber one soon .

Last edited:
Im def thinking of doing the neck mod with cotton swabs, I don't really know what to do for the jacket collar.
Never done the paper clip trick, could I get some advice on that? I know clipper used wire but I don't know where to get that.

Yo P.
Those are not my test pics but found them online.
As you saw i quoted Ecko and gipetto, if these pics are yours cool ill give you credit :)
I did tried the hs on different bodies but did not took pictures :)

Paperclip mode, just bend and slide it into the collar like that :)
image.jpg

Nah you took the Time to make the comparaison you deserve credit :)
Are you going to mod the mms238?

Wow, that neckmod did a lot of difference, nice!

I will try it and it will probably make the difference between having just the one or buying several figures. It seems to me like the neck would be bulging out in some angles but maybe I'm worrying about nothing. Anything is better than the bobble head Barbie look, that's for sure.

Yo P.
Those are not my test pics but found them online.
As you saw i quoted Ecko and gipetto, if these pics are yours cool ill give you credit :)
I did tried the hs on different bodies but did not took pictures :)

Paperclip mode, just bend and slide it into the collar like that :)
View attachment 133968

Not sure that would work for the T1 version jacket then as the lapels a stitched down. Well i'll
have to wait till I have the figure in hand then 1st to know what to do. As for the neck mod, would 1
cotton swap on each side of the neck be enough thickness to make it bulge outward? would like to see
someone who has this now try a neck mod with cotton swabs.

The paper clip mod works for all versions as the lapels only hae a single stitch. Just feed it through.

It's trial and error for stuffing the neck so just see how much you need before it looks right.

Clipperkings' additional wire mod is to keep the leather jacket collar popped up. This is achieving a different result than the standard 'paper clip mod' which is used to shape and mold the collar as desired.

The lapels are always stitched on these jackets (as you can see in the pictures) you just slide the paperclip in and it works fine.

Really a shame that the HS since DX13 are too big.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here the mms136 looks perfectly sized for the body.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back