1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to mod the mms238?
of course. i hope i manage to do it. out-of-stock figure is a worst HT terminator to date, it makes me puke.
i wish those heads fitted the old T1 body. may be they will.
p.s. just watched the TheClipperKing video. it would be a lot easier to just take off the upper body skin and shape the neck correctly. that upper rubber can be taken off very easy.

Last edited:
of course. i hope i manage to do it. out-of-stock figure is a worst HT terminator to date, it makes me puke.
i wish those heads fitted the old T1 body. may be they will.
p.s. just watched the TheClipperKing video. it would be a lot easier to just take off the upper body skin and shape the neck correctly. that upper rubber can be taken off very easy.

Yeah, completely simple and permanent with some milliput.

milliput might fix the peg in one position. i don't think it's a good idea for everybody willing to do it. TheClipperKing's method with soft, non-permanent material is better for more people.
i still hope for MMS136 upper skin replacement to work. that plain surface tube neck with no muscles and tendons, starting with DX10, is too stupid already. it looks like a finger instead of a neck anyway.

milliput might fix the peg in one position. i don't think it's a good idea for everybody willing to do it. TheClipperKing's method with soft, non-permanent material is better for more people.
i still hope for MMS136 upper skin replacement.

Nah, you wouldn't have to fix the peg at all. Just widen it by a few mm's. Wouldn't effect articulation. Much cleaner and free of any kind of adhesive.

But whatever works for folk. I've done it on a few bodies now.

Great ideas for neck mods guys...

Not digging the battle damaged look as much as I'd hope I would, don't even like the jacket zipped up, originally I was gonna get two of these, but I think I'll stick the with police shootout aftermath look and call it a day on Terminator collectibles...

4Vtdo3Q.jpg

9wmItP8.jpg

T0130jV.jpg

15ef9Sq.jpg

gkWSg7U.jpg

The lapels are always stitched on these jackets (as you can see in the pictures) you just slide the paperclip in and it works fine.

ATTACH=CONFIG]133974[/ATTACH]

So how are your thoughts about the Tech Noir having them both side by side? I display my figures one per shelf so “if” I get the new BD T-800 I plan on displaying him away from Tech Noir so that Noir does not look dated!!

I think I was right when I said the MMS238 headsculpt is different from the Tech Noir. HT used the Tech Noir head on their protoype photos but not on the final release. You can clearly see the difference on the photo above.

The TN headsculpt looks more like Arnold than the MMS238 IMHO. HT just doesn't have it when it comes to getting Arnold's likeness right. Maybe the DX13 head was a shrunken EB head.

Last edited:
I think I'll leave it awhile before saying anything about the sculpts. I could say one thing now and an entirely different thing later. Haven't really made up my mind.

One thing I have noticed with the recent “compare” images with the other sculpts is that DX13 is a DAMN good looking figure. If I was on the outside looking in I would be so in “awwwww” at its beauty and realism. So happy he in in my collection!!

I was really really excited about this figure when it was announced. I even PO'd right away and paid full coz I was 100% sure I'm getting and keeping it but each time I look at the photos posted here, my excitement for it diminishes further. :(

The lapels are always stitched on these jackets (as you can see in the pictures) you just slide the paperclip in and it works fine.

Really a shame that the HS since DX13 are too big.
View attachment 133971
View attachment 133970
Here the mms136 looks perfectly sized for the body.
View attachment 133973
View attachment 133969
View attachment 133974

The Technoir looks very cartoony now. I hope HT makes a 2.0 since the
84 T-800 will show up in Terminator 5/genesis. Maybe they can get the hairstyle right this time too.

Back