1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did, I missed his first batch, but he has been putting up a couple here and there so I was able to catch one that way.

Ah cool I may buy from him if he puts one up. Very much want this guy now. You going to buy RoboCop early or no?

Peeetah congrats you lucky basterddd!!!
How long did it take to get delivered?
Sent from The MaSSaCrE ArTiStRy AsyLuM using Tapatalk

About the mms117 body, I have a mod to reduce the neck plug in order to avoid giraffe neck.

What is it? I'm having a bad day trying to get stuff to work and it's fair to say I'm getting pretty frustrated. Everything I thought was gonna work, isn't. And I'm afraid that with everything I do I'm messing up other options.

edit - OK the thing that initially appeared to work, then didn't for some reason, has resumed working. Mood improved.

What I've been doing tonight - trying to bulk up the body, by taping cut-off pieces of MMS136 muscle sheath (from an otherwise ****ed body) to the MMS238 body. This idea didn't really work. He ended up too bulky with massive man-t!t$. Plus the tight vest revealed every weird contour. Fortunately the neck on that particular muscle sheath was covered in blood from my old Tanker chase T-800 kitbash so cutting it up didn't really matter. Couldn't have used it for anything else anyway.

The idea I then moved on to - another spare but not so expendable MMS136 upper body muscle sheath swapped with that of the MMS238 body. So the base body of the MMS238 but with the upper torso muscle sheath of MMS136. The bulk looked good - the 136 sheath has a more puffed out chest and a rounder profile to the back than that of the 238/DX10/TTM20. Too big for T2 but good for T1. After trying the head, which, to my delight, seemed to fit (I assumed it wouldn't) I started bulking out the neck with cotton but then suddenly the head sculpt wasn't connecting with the socket anymore. I was ****ing despairing, face buried in palms. Why can't these things ever be easy.

Fortunately, I think it only stopped fitting because excess cotton stuffed down the neck was preventing the socket getting the perfect alignment with the head that it needed for a secure fit. I made some adjustments and it's fitting again, seemingly perfectly. Can't dress the figure yet though because I've also painted blood onto the chest and need that to dry. Next I have to hope that the paint which dripped upwards when I lay the figure down will not be visible above the neck line of the vest. I don't think it will though.

Last edited:
What is it? I'm having a bad day trying to get stuff to work and it's fair to say I'm getting pretty frustrated. Everything I thought was gonna work, isn't. And I'm afraid that with everything I do I'm messing up other options.

edit - OK the thing that initially appeared to work, then didn't for some reason, has resumed working. Mood improved.

What I've been doing tonight - trying to bulk up the body, by taping cut-off pieces of MMS136 muscle sheath (from an otherwise ****ed body) to the MMS238 body. This idea didn't really work. He ended up too bulky with massive man-t!t$. Plus the tight vest revealed every weird contour. Fortunately the neck on that particular muscle sheath was covered in blood from my old Tanker chase T-800 kitbash so cutting it up didn't really matter. Couldn't have used it for anything else anyway.

The idea I then moved on to - another spare but not so expendable MMS136 upper body muscle sheath swapped with that of the MMS238 body. So the base body of the MMS238 but with the upper torso muscle sheath of MMS136. The bulk looks good. I started bulking out the neck with cotton but then suddenly the head sculpt, which had initially appeared to fit, suddenly wasn't connecting with the socket anymore. I was ****ing despairing, face buried in palms. Why can't these things ever be easy.

Fortunately, I think it only stopped fitting because excess cotton stuffed down the neck was preventing the socket getting the perfect alignment with the head that it needed for a secure fit. I made some adjustments and it's fitting again, seemingly perfectly. Can't dress the figure yet though because I've also painted blood onto the chest and need that to dry. Next I have to hope that the paint which dripped upwards when I lay the figure down will not be visible above the neck line of the vest. I don't think it will though.

Wow man your really putting in some extensive work, looking forward to the results. After receiving this guy today I'm really happy with him, not to say the T2 body doesn't bother me but I'm still in the honeymoon stage of receiving a long awaited figure:lol The shirt is also really short, they really could have spared another quarter inch in length along with a clean shirt but we all know that:horse

I filmed a review tonight so it will be up on YouTube Sunday morning, I tried to make as many comparisons as I could think of, but I know I missed a few:dunno

Congrats on getting him, I'll give your review a watch for sure.

From what you said earlier I guess you won't be doing any mods, I can kinda understand that - I really did not like all the manhandling I did tonight, taking the 238 muscle sheath off etc. Some of the blood in the centre of the chest cracked and flaked off. Fair to say my figure aint mint anymore. But hopefully the rewards will be worth it.

Congrats on getting him, I'll give your review a watch for sure.

From what you said earlier I guess you won't be doing any mods, I can kinda understand that - I really did not like all the manhandling I did tonight, taking the 238 muscle sheath off etc. Some of the blood in the centre of the chest cracked and flaked off. Fair to say my figure aint mint anymore. But hopefully the rewards will be worth it.

Thanks,

Yeah no mods for me, just cause of my collecting habits not because I think mods are bad, most times it makes the figure that much better looking. I found that some creative posing can hide some of the short comings of this release, turning the head to the side so as to hide the thin looking neck for instance. I am interested to check out the results of your meddling, if you managed to get the MMS136 chest piece on that should solve the size issue once and for all, I just wish hot toys would have just done that for us:pfft:

Great review and comparison. Gotta quit watching these. They're making my wait that much harder. I wish someone would post a pic with the spotlights on. They make my DX Joker shine.

Last edited:
Man if only HT had re-released the tech noir with the same body as the 1st version. That way people like me who missed out could
have a tech noir 2.0, and they could use that same body for this figure as well. They could have made a lot of money that way.

The idea I then moved on to - another spare but not so expendable MMS136 upper body muscle sheath swapped with that of the MMS238 body. So the base body of the MMS238 but with the upper torso muscle sheath of MMS136. The bulk looked good - the 136 sheath has a more puffed out chest and a rounder profile to the back than that of the 238/DX10/TTM20. Too big for T2 but good for T1. After trying the head, which, to my delight, seemed to fit (I assumed it wouldn't) I started bulking out the neck with cotton but then suddenly the head sculpt wasn't connecting with the socket anymore. I was ****ing despairing, face buried in palms. Why can't these things ever be easy.

Cool :)
Would like to see how the mms238(ttm20 body?) look with mms136 chest especially the neck, see his deep the plug is to make it work with the mms238 hs. And of course a pic of the hs on the nude body if you can ^^

Damn i realise i dont have an mms136 body left only mms117, they are close but still ^^

What i did on a previous mod on an mms117 body to avoid giraffe Neck was to use one of those rubber inside hottoys regular necks and glue it directly on the body ball joint (i added some miliput to finish the job) then i used an appropriate longer Neck peg to connect with the hs. But with the fixed ball joint on the mms238 hs not sure it would work.
Your solution to use the mms238 body with MMS 136 chest sounds better.

4801.jpg

Last edited:
I've gotten big into body chopping since Star Spangled CA and The Crow, I will wait to see this guy out of the box next week before deciding on what surgery to undertake!

:lol

Amazing review...
I concur that this makes it soooo hard to wait for my figure hahaha.
But I'm really glad the way it turned out.

I've gotten big into body chopping since Star Spangled CA and The Crow, I will wait to see this guy out of the box next week before deciding on what surgery to undertake!

:lol

Almost bought a Crow figure after seeing your custom .
they really scewed the pooch on this one with that poor body.

Cant wait to see those mod Adev :)

Man if only HT had re-released the tech noir with the same body as the 1st version. That way people like me who missed out could
have a tech noir 2.0, and they could use that same body for this figure as well. They could have made a lot of money that way.

How long ago did HT release Tech Noir? Wouldn't surprise me if there's a 2.0, if not soon, then eventually.

Back