1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool :)
Would like to see how the mms238(ttm20 body?) look with mms136 chest especially the neck, see his deep the plug is to make it work with the mms238 hs. And of course a pic of the hs on the nude body if you can ^^

Damn i realise i dont have an mms136 body left only mms117, they are close but still ^^

What i did on a previous mod on an mms117 body to avoid giraffe Neck was to use one of those rubber inside hottoys regular necks and glue it directly on the body ball joint (i added some miliput to finish the job) then i used an appropriate longer Neck peg to connect with the hs. But with the fixed ball joint on the mms238 hs not sure it would work.
Your solution to use the mms238 body with MMS 136 chest sounds better.

View attachment 134789

Come to think of it Olbert, I think it is a 117 muscle sheath that I've used. I forgot there was a difference between the too at the shoulders. A 136 one would probably be better but it should be fine with a vest and jacket going over it. For any jacketless use a 136 would be better.

When you put this sheath over the 238 body the neck plug on the body is a little deeper than ideal but it still manages to work. The problem is it contorts the neck a bit when you push the head on - the solution to that seems to be stuffing it with cotten to solidify the neck, which we were going to be doing anyway to widen it for the larger head.

I have yet to confirm fully and completely if my labours have been fruitful, the paint on the chest was still a bit sticky so I couldn't dress him up earlier today and now I'm in work.

Last edited:
Great review and comparison. Gotta quit watching these. They're making my wait that much harder. I wish someone would post a pic with the spotlights on. They make my DX Joker shine.
:hi5:
Another awesome review buddy. Looking forward to receiving mine very soon. :)
You will love it I'm sure:)
Amazing review...
I concur that this makes it soooo hard to wait for my figure hahaha.
But I'm really glad the way it turned out.
Thanks!
I can't hear any sound in your video Peeeeetah. :gah:
Turn your volume on:lol
Top notch review brotha!!!! :hi5: So where does this new one stack up in the ranks of T-800s for you? Let's see your list :wink1:
Thanks buddy:hi5:
:goodpost: I second this.
:duff
List
1: DX13
2: MMS238
3: MMS136
4: MMS117
5: DX10

I will say its a tough call between 238 an 136, I could go ether way on which is better, but the tanker truck head does set it really high up for me:panic:

I'll have to watch Skull's review later. Well, I could try it now but it'd be an exercise in frustration at work.

It will be there when you get off:wink1:

Work in progress: MMS117 muscle sheath swapped onto the 238 body with the head fitted. The headless body is the 117 body with the 238 muscle sheath. You can see its flatter chested. It's also flatter on the back.

Of minor disappointment is when you bulk up the neck the headsculpt does kind of pinch it at the top so the neck kinda looks like this /\ from the front. But every other angle is excellent.

That looks damn good, fully dressed that will look the part for sure:clap:clap:clap Damn it hot toys, why didn't you do this:gah:

I wonder how the KP02 body will look? That body has a thicker neck and way more bulk.
Sent from The MaSSaCrE ArTiStRy AsyLuM using Tapatalk

Anyone got the right sort of bike for this fig yet?

0000A.jpg

I know the Harley Fat Boy from T2 is the iconic bike. but a bike from T1 would be cool.

Here you go.

Yes it is, the 90s flashing is too long so I had to grind down the windshield and then rounded down the sides to make it fit the 750. It sticks back too far otherwise.

It's funny to read up on that bike for the movie. The 750 was never made with a flashing and this particular flashing was a universal piece in the late 70s for motorcycles. I guess Arnold or his agent was concerned for injury and they modified the cb750 with it.

Pics
8f4161e2-8128-40ff-8f41-c0a57dfaa044_zps158a209e.jpg

cd807068-2ae3-416e-93cf-54dc78d98fd8_zps01713746.jpg

DSC_0446_zps16bc985a.jpg

DSC_0444_zpsc3c43c20.jpg

DSC_0428_zpsb89c696d.jpg

I'm surprised Hot Toys never made the bikes for the two Terminators, atleast.

Dumb how they'll make the small scale models of the Bat and Hellicarrier, but not 1/6 motorcycles. Maybe they don't have those kind of engineer minded staff on their team.

And they'll even make 1/6 Batmobiles and DeLoreans, but no bikes.

Anyone got the right sort of bike for this fig yet?

0000A.jpg

Yes, I scored very old Tamiya model kits of the Honda CB750, which is the majority of the bike, and the Tamiya BMW R90S for the headlight flaring. I'll be building it up when I get my T1 BD figures. Thanks to hokietwo for letting me know what kits to get. Hard as hell they were to find, and EXPENSIVE! I also got the old Tamiya Fatboy. Just need time to build them up.

Just don't have the patience to build model kits. I barely even had the patience for what I was doing last night. If I don't have something I need right then and there I'll hodgepodge it rather than wait and I'll **** it up, sometimes irreparably.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Hot Toys never made the bikes for the two Terminators, atleast.

Dumb how they'll make the small scale models of the Bat and Hellicarrier, but not 1/6 motorcycles. Maybe they don't have those kind of engineer minded staff on their team.

Licensing I guess. But it's a real pity all the same. I'd love an accurate bike for the T-1000 aswell.

Yes, I put together a Testors Harley kit for my T2, seen a few of the Honda kits on eBay so I might pick one of the Tamiya kits up.

This just wont do. :gah:

DSCF2823_zpsc00b0851.jpg

DSCF2824_zpsabf7f77c.jpg

DSCF2825_zpsf8df7d57.jpg

DSCF2826_zpsb2ac3fe2.jpg

DSCF2827_zpsa4a293e6.jpg

Probably get my T2 fig come up to him asking for his clothes + boots & motorcycle.

I have two of the Hondas, one is a built model, the other is a diescast, just picked up. I probably don't have a need for the model now. It's the correct red color, but the heads on the motor are painted black (easy fix) , and the front turn signals are missing. It has no fairing and windshield, but there are models out there that you can scavage.

I have two of the Hondas, one is a built model, the other is a diescast, just picked up. I probably don't have a need for the model now. It's the correct red color, but the heads on the motor are painted black (easy fix) , and the front turn signals are missing. It has no fairing and windshield, but there are models out there that you can scavage.

Got a link to the one you just picked up? Photos please:panic:

Back