Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0628.JPG

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/2011sdcc/hottoys2/ :D

Forget Hulk? :horror :nono

I want Avengers Hulk :D

I guess basically having a green muscle man in shorts would be a bit basic compared to other detailed HT figures, like the Iron Man figures. But come on, it's Hulk :D

I know Larry, I like the Hulk but the movies left a sour taste for me, same for Spidey. At any rate, I'd like to see a Hulk 1/6 too, but atm Hulk collector's do have a lot to choose from whereas Iron monger fans have pretty much nothing except a 12 dollar WalMart toy :monkey2

Me too....(maybe). I refuse to pay more than $400 for a toy regardless how cool. It ring in at ridiculous price, it will be an easy pass.

I have a feeling your resolve may be tested on this one :)
Second thought :(

I have a feeling your resolve may be tested on this one :)
Second thought :(

:lol Maybe so.
Wait until the thread with the protoype pics gets posted.
It'll be that much harder to resist when all the juicy details are revealed.

This is definitely the 1/6 figure of the show to me. Yes this over the batmobile and 89 Joker no contest. Would've definitely gobbled it up if I were still collecting HT. Amazing!

I wish we could see a rear photo of the Iron Monger. I'm guessing that the legs open up in the back and then clasp together to fit the Obi figure inside? :dunno

I'd be surprised if he could just slip on this suit like a jacket & pants set :lol

This is definitely the 1/6 figure of the show to me. Yes this over the batmobile and 89 Joker no contest. Would've definitely gobbled it up if I were still collecting HT. Amazing!

You take that back!!! :horror :lol j/k

This is most def. impressive. I saw the Obadiah head sculpt in the Monger, but are we assuming there is a full-bodied figure inside as well (or just a torso to give the illusion)?

I hadn't seen an other pics. Wasn't sure.

I wish we could see a rear photo of the Iron Monger. I'm guessing that the legs open up in the back and then clasp together to fit the Obi figure inside? :dunno

I'd be surprised if he could just slip on this suit like a jacket & pants set :lol

I'll take more photos tomorrow when I get the chance.....

I know Larry, I like the Hulk but the movies left a sour taste for me, same for Spidey. At any rate, I'd like to see a Hulk 1/6 too, but atm Hulk collector's do have a lot to choose from whereas Iron monger fans have pretty much nothing except a 12 dollar WalMart toy :monkey2
:lol I liked both Hulk movies & all the Spiderman movies :D Easy to please it seems :lol

I wasn't too fussed if Iron Monger was released by HT or not (since I'm not collecting the line). But now that I've seen it, I don't want to miss out on it. It looks cool how small the IM figures are standing next to it :D There is a minor glitch though .....

I don't have IM III battle damage :gah:

:lol I liked both Hulk movies & all the Spiderman movies :D Easy to please it seems :lol

I wasn't too fussed if Iron Monger was released by HT or not (since I'm not collecting the line). But now that I've seen it, I don't want to miss out on it. It looks cool how small the IM figures are standing next to it :D There is a minor glitch though .....

I don't have IM III battle damage :gah:
Yeah, I am lucky I opted to get the BD instead of the regular :yess:

You can always jump on the bid train :lol

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-IRON-MAN-MARK-III-BATTLE-DAMAGED-1-6-12-MISB-/360380328837?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e8576b85

You take that back!!! :horror :lol j/k

This is most def. impressive. I saw the Obadiah head sculpt in the Monger, but are we assuming there is a full-bodied figure inside as well (or just a torso to give the illusion)?

I hadn't seen an other pics. Wasn't sure.

I think it is just the torso. It would be a pain to get the true-type's legs to fit well with the monger's legs. I could be wrong but I would be very very surprised if the full figure went inside. There has to be a ball joint at the hips and that would be the deal breaker for putting Obadiah's leg's through.

I think it is just the torso. It would be a pain to get the true-type's legs to fit well with the monger's legs. I could be wrong but I would be very very surprised if the full figure went inside. There has to be a ball joint at the hips and that would be the deal breaker for putting Obadiah's leg's through.

I'm kind of leaning towards it being only the torso as well but the sign says "figure" which obviously would be completely off if it's just the torso. Wouldn't surprise me if HT's has a full figure in there.

nah the image they use, specifically shows Obadiah in the suit. They're basically saying, what you see in this pic will be inside Monger.

I would be satisfied if they just threw in Obadiah's dress suit so we could take the head off and build our own figure. That would be a nice bonus especially if its gonna be so exspensive

Last edited:
The Obi torso seems to be more likely, but the sign is really throwing it off by saying the figure will be included. Does a figure = a torso plus a sculpt? :dunno

consider this bought. no question about it. and it's not even an issue of cost. this is an absolute marvel of engineering, and i'll pay what ht is charging. end of story.

now, more pics, please!
:rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back