Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For awhile I think we gave up on getting this. The earlier pics came to be thought of as a one off proto.
But jeez, this things a ------in' monster. Its huge. But I m sure glad they followed up on this.

and when it really comes down to it...we could just plan a take over, but seriously, I think Iron Monger looks great! But, it just feels to late, I mean, next year The Avengers is coming out, Iron Mongers from IM 1! Not to say its not a great movie, but they need to work on more current projects...like Hulk :)

Iron Man is current and obviously a hot commodity with collectors so clearly it's not "too late " by any stretch of the imagination. Heck, they are still pumping out Star Wars figures like Vader, or Blitzway with it's Tony Montana release that people are going ape s___ for and those characters are from way further back in time than Iron Monger.

Forget Hulk, the movies are terribly done CGI mess-terpieces. :pfft:

Forget Hulk? :horror :nono

I want Avengers Hulk :D

I guess basically having a green muscle man in shorts would be a bit basic compared to other detailed HT figures, like the Iron Man figures. But come on, it's Hulk :D

Any word on how complete the Obadiah figure is going to be? Torso? Full nude? Suit?

I guess basically having a green muscle man in shorts would be a bit basic compared to other detailed HT figures, like the Iron Man figures. But come on, it's Hulk :D

Are you guys gonna listen to DIS GUY!!!!

Hulk.gif

or dis guy?

The shear size and awesomeness of Iron Monger makes it hard to imagine passing on him. I don't love the character, but having something like that in the collection would be awesome!

Guess we'll see how much he costs... I'm guessing $500 is the ballpark, but its hard to save given the size and complexity :huh

It's a high-end designer toy.

With lots of quality.

If you can't afford it, stick to the Hasblow peg-warmers . . .

As the US dollar continues to tank, the price of petroleum continues to rise, and Guangdong province workers demand better wages, the prices on these high-end collectibles will soar.

Especially on a 1/6 scale beast like this!

The whaaaambulance is waitin' for ya, darren1228!

Climb aboard!

(I buy my HT figs at wholesale or flat retail, me boyo.)

The "wealth and class status" complaint goes for anything expensive.
Everyone loves Ferraris, but who can afford one?

Luxury items are named such for a reason. Logic: it's your friend.

gas.gif
gas.gif
gas.gif

^^^ broken link Ween :(

edit: nvm, Ween is dirty "Adult/Mature Content;Computers/Internet;Malicious Sources"

WOW, took me a while to finally chime in, but man, this is AMAZING!!! I knew it had to be coming. I just knew it! This is THE Iron Man piece I've been waiting for...now the BD MARK III won't be so lonely! :yess:

Bishart, hope you're already thinking of a diorama for these 2 to match your Whiplash/MARK V Monaco piece! :hi5:

Iron Man is current and obviously a hot commodity with collectors so clearly it's not "too late " by any stretch of the imagination. Heck, they are still pumping out Star Wars figures like Vader, or Blitzway with it's Tony Montana release that people are going ape s___ for and those characters are from way further back in time than Iron Monger.

:pfft: :lol

come on, it's Hulk :D

Slightly edited...but hell yeah :rotfl

Yea, we get it. You're rich.

Now stop being a complete _______ about it. No one cares what you have to say or is laughing at the "waaaaambulance" joke. I don't know why you would use it twice after you got nothing from it the last time.

Cost may be a zero issue for you, but it is for most of us here. So stop attacking someone for making a legitimate point about price increases.

I would like to take a moment to explain his incredibly and highly creative Wambulance joke, for I fear it is so deep that many may have missed its subtle charm. You see the white medical car we are so used to seeing in our time of need is known in English as an "ambulance." Interestingly enough, the traditional sound effect for a child whining or crying is "whaaaaaa." Now here is where things get tricky. At their core, calling for medical attention is crying out in need, similar to a baby's tears. By combining the two together, we are able to form a Wambulance, where the wha in the cry rhymes with the a in ambulance. Thus, it forms the ultimate insult and almost a neo marxist pun with a suave appearance. What the poster was essentially saying is that the people here are whining about the price and they are doing so loudly and urgently like a child. Thus, the idea of "calling the wambulance" is born.

I hope I have cleared up any possible questions you all have had on the Iron Monger. It takes a Monger to know a Monger. That's what my grandfather used to tell me.

See, Shadow81?

It is funny!

It's even funnier than your lack of a sense of humor!

WOW, took me a while to finally chime in, but man, this is AMAZING!!! I knew it had to be coming. I just knew it! This is THE Iron Man piece I've been waiting for...now the BD MARK III won't be so lonely! :yess:

Bishart, hope you're already thinking of a diorama for these 2 to match your Whiplash/MARK V Monaco piece! :hi5:

haha maybe... ill want to approach it differently. maybe make them one at a time rather than making a mold. i know it sounds crazy. maybe only make 2 or 3 as well.

I dunno. You never have to explain a good joke. :huh

That's because it was more than just your average joke. The Wambulance was a work of art that touched the very core of my soul. Like an enriching and existential philosophy on life, such jokes should be explained thoroughly in the hopes that it shall improve the general welfare of all who understand it.

haha maybe... ill want to approach it differently. maybe make them one at a time rather than making a mold. i know it sounds crazy. maybe only make 2 or 3 as well.

Well then make sure you put me down as one of the "2 or 3"...

:wink1:

:hi5:

The conversations on these boards are sliding downhill amazingly fast....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back