How do you rank the Terminator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Terminator

• Terminator

Votes: 214 39.5%
  • T2

Votes: 302 55.7%
  • T3

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • TS

Votes: 18 3.3%

• Total voters
So it was short sighted of them for not piling some flesh on top of a bunch of ray guns, ya? Every solution just raises another problem.

Actually I once read a comic where they did just that -piled flesh on ray guns.

Don't get me wrong, I love T2, probably seen it 50 times or more. I just think it is a bit more of a flawed masterpiece than T1. I love the way that the first one stays tight and crisp. And . . . no Eddie Furlong. And . . . burnin' in the third degree!

Yeah but T-1000 can easily take on a living form. Can a gun or weapon conceivably do that? No. And lets say they could, why would the T-800 or T-1000 need them?

Now, if they put the weapon INSIDE the Terminator, then yeah, I could see that. You're right. But, again why would Skynet need to do that with a T-800, it IS a weapon and it doesn't need future guns.

Difabio I loved your post because I have made that exact argument here before. However, I think it was Silent Surfer who came up with an explanation I found semi-acceptable at the time...just I can't remember it. However dig through the Aliens, Predator and Terminator sticky thread and you'd find it.

But yeah pretty much every point you made, how could the resistance have the opportunity to send Reese and the good T-800 back through time when Skynet's Terminators and their actions should instantly become part of the past and if its only the past for a newly created alternate reality that ''our'' Skynet and ''our'' resistance won't experience then what the f___ is the point of the whole time travel strategy anyway INHALEEEEEE!!!!!

Last edited:
But yeah pretty much every point you made, how could the resistance have the time to send Reese and the good T-800 back through time when Skynet's Terminators and their actions should instantly become part of the past and if its only the past for a newly created alternate reality that ''our'' Skynet and ''our'' resistance won't experience then what the f___ is the point of the whole time travel strategy anyway INHALEEEEEE!!!!!

So Skynet A can make Alternate Skynet B happy of course.

Now add T2 to the mix. Skynet sends back the T-800 and T-1000 to eliminate the Connors..

Actually if we accept this argument Skynet is pretty much sending the T-1000 back for nothing. The job would have been done in 1984 and up in 1995 the T-1000 would have nothing to do but loiter!

It wouldn't be much of a movie if the T-1000 wasn't in it. :monkey1

Yep.

There's also something else. If you disregard the argument we created, Skynet is ALWAYS destined to lose. Why? It will always need to send a Terminator back because it HAS lost. Each and every time.

It wouldn't be much of a movie if the T-1000 wasn't in it. :monkey1

I always wondered what a Terminator would do if it succeeded.

The T-800 for instance. Lets say it killed Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor? Then what? Look for more Sarah Connors? What happens after it kills every possible Sarah Connor? Is there a deactivate mode, a sleep mode?

Or would it have an alternate mission where it would just go haywire and kill anyone and everything it saw?

Same with the T-1000 if he killed John, Sarah and the T-800.

Because good will always triumph over evil. Don't mess with humans!

I always wondered what a Terminator would do if it succeeded.

The T-800 for instance. Lets say it killed Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor? Then what? Look for more Sarah Connors? What happens after it kills every possible Sarah Connor? Is there a deactivate mode, a sleep mode?

Or would it have an alternate mission where it would just go haywire and kill anyone and everything it saw?

Same with the T-1000 if he killed John, Sarah and the T-800.

Depends on the programming, but I think it would probably just shutdown because the mission was over.

But, again why would Skynet need to do that with a T-800, it IS a weapon and it doesn't need future guns.

A Terminator doesn't need guns?

terminatorWrong.jpg

But seriously, he does not NEED guns, but he obviously likes them because they allow him to kill from a distance. (He doesn't appear to be the fastest runner in the world.) If they could send him back with a gun, it would save the trip to the gun store . . . and it would make him "a more efficient killer, right?"

Correct.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the tit for tat, but am going to bed now. Check back with you all tomorrow.

Depends on the programming, but I think it would probably just shutdown because the mission was over.

Didn't happen to the T-800...

WAIT A MINUTE. His mission was to protect him, not "protect him against the T-1000". Why the heck didn't he continue to protect John? What if, I don't know, a Steel Mill worker came up behind John and had a gun to his head while the Terminator was getting lowered into the steel? It wouldn't attempt to save him?

Some protector.

:lol

(unless the T-800 learned that it didn't need to watch over him anymore or the programming wasn't that specific)

a terminator doesn't need guns?

terminatorwrong.jpg

but seriously, he does not need guns, but he obviously likes them because they allow him to kill from a distance. (he doesn't appear to be the fastest runner in the world.) if they could send him back with a gun, it would save the trip to the gun store . . . And it would make him "a more efficient killer, right?"

correct.

anyway, i've enjoyed the tit for tat, but am going to bed now. Check back with you all tomorrow.

I said FUTURE GUNS!

I said FUTURE GUNS!

Ok. Future guns. He needs modern guns but he doesn't need future guns? Does that make sense? Do modern guns offer some advantage over future guns?

Ok, now I'm really going to bed.

Why bother though? What is the advantage of using future guns that aren't of that time? How is he going to fit a future plasma rifle in him or carry it around?

Now the humans, yeah, it would be an advantage to them. But the Terminator? Nope, doesn't need it. It would be a hassle if anything. How do you conceal it? What if it runs out of ammo? Etc. etc.

Didn't happen to the T-800...

WAIT A MINUTE. His mission was to protect him, not "protect him against the T-1000". Why the heck didn't he continue to protect John? What if, I don't know, a Steel Mill worker came up behind John and had a gun to his head while the Terminator was getting lowered into the steel? It wouldn't attempt to save him?

Some protector.

:lol

(unless the T-800 learned that it didn't need to watch over him anymore or the programming wasn't that specific)

Sarah would have kicked the gunman's arse! But I'm sure Arnie would have switched to some extra high power auxiliary mode and it would have been on for young and old, too!

I always wondered why he didn't repair himself and continue protecting John, too. I guess James wanted a bit of a tear jerker at the end, though.

Ok. Future guns. He needs modern guns but he doesn't need future guns? Does that make sense? Do modern guns offer some advantage over future guns?

Ok, now I'm really going to bed.

Plasma would beat bullets anyday.

I always wondered why he didn't repair himself and continue protecting John, too.

Since John was evidently assuming the T-800 was going to stick around - given his surprise and horror when he realised the T-800 was going into the molten steel - why was he so quick to throw the spare endoskeleton arm into the pool when the T-800 clearly needed a new arm?

Since John was evidently assuming the T-800 was going to stick around - given his surprise and horror when he realised the T-800 was going into the molten steel - why was he so quick to throw the spare endoskeleton arm into the pool when the T-800 clearly needed a new arm?

Wrong arm.

Back