How do you rank the Terminator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Terminator

• Terminator

Votes: 214 39.5%
  • T2

Votes: 302 55.7%
  • T3

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • TS

Votes: 18 3.3%

• Total voters
But yeah pretty much every point you made, how could the resistance have the opportunity to send Reese and the good T-800 back through time when Skynet's Terminators and their actions should instantly become part of the past and if its only the past for a newly created alternate reality that ''our'' Skynet and ''our'' resistance won't experience then what the f___ is the point of the whole time travel strategy anyway INHALEEEEEE!!!!!

You run the risk of having that with all time-travel movies. I don't think there's a way around it; it just comes with the plot.

So wait. Skynet obviously sends back the T-800 FIRST right (you see where I'm going)? So how does sending Kyle back AFTER save Connor?

If you're thinking that, "oh Kyle just goes to a time before or around the T-800 arrives" well, that doesn't make sense. Skynet sending the T-800 back would INSTANTLY? make John Connor toast. I doubt it's like Back to the Future where you fade away or some ____ like that and if that is the case, skynet has the advantage, he changes things FIRST.

It would be instant death. Skynet sends back the Terminator, BOOM things change? Kyle went in after it, doesn't make sense.

Not exactly. Skynet sent the Terminator first, true. So the goal is to get Kyle back in time after that happens, and get to Sarah before Arnie does. It's not like the second the T-800 arrives, Sarah automatically drops dead. He's gotta find her in order to kill her. John's keeping his fingers crossed that Reese can be the first one to do it. Eventually, the two get to her at roughly the same time (as we saw in the Tech Noir scene). It's pretty much a chase after that, since both have located her.

Last edited:
You run the risk of having that with all time-travel movies. I don't think there's a way around it; it just comes with the plot.

The only time travel movie that I know of that avoided it was Twelve Monkeys. If you watch that movie, there's not one time travel paradox, at least none that I can find.

There are ways around it. Time travel movies create these kinds of problems because they usually involve going backwards in time. But if you invent a time machine that can only go FORWARD in time, then you avoid all these paradoxes.

The T-800 probably wouldn't have even found Sarah in the first place had Kyle Reese not went back in time.

The T-800 probably wouldn't have even found Sarah in the first place had Kyle Reese not went back in time.

He would he just wouldn't have been completely sure he had the right Sarah and would have carried on killing every Sarah Connor in the phonebook. The reason he knew he had the right one was because of Reese.

He would he just wouldn't have been completely sure he had the right Sarah and would have carried on killing every Sarah Connor in the phonebook. The reason he knew he had the right one was because of Reese.

No, there were only three Sarahs in the phonebook and the real Sarah was the last one. He had already killed the first two. So he wouldn't have carried on killing.

He thought Ginger was Sarah. He realized his mistake when he heard "Ginger this is Sarah pick up if you're there!" on the answering machine.

Sarah was calling Ginger because a) she saw the news about the other dead Sarahs on TV and b) Reese was following her. So DiFabio was right about the reason why the Terminator found her - it was Reese's trailing her as she walked to TechNoir that eventually prompted her to call for help. However, even without Reese's trailing, it is conceivable that she would have been sufficiently scared from the news alone to make the call.

Also, the Terminator ID-ed Sarah LOUISE Connor as Sarah Connor before killing her ("Sarah Connor?" "Yes --"). He never ID-ed Ginger before killing her. So it's likely that he would have gone through the apartment anyway after killing her, even had he not heard Sarah on the answering machine - just to make sure he'd killed the right woman. Then he would have found the card with Sarah's picture on it. He wouldn't have known that she was at TechNoir, but he would have waited at the apartment until she came home.

I thought there was more than 3 Sarah connors in the phonebook, I'll double check that.

But as for his finding the real Sarah Connor - he had already found where she lived and that was before he had any knowledge of Reese being around so, yeah, I still say he would have got to her eventually one way or another.

Last edited:
I thought there was more than 3 Sarah connors in the phonebook, I'll double check that.

But as for his finding the real Sarah Connor - he had already found where she lived and that was before he had any knowledge of Reese being around so, yeah, I still say he would have got to her eventually one way or another.

I could be wrong about the phonebook, but seem to remember it that way.

terminator06.jpg

Ah there ye go. The Terminator was lucky she happened to have a phone registered to her name - supposing it had been under Ginger's name. What would he have done then?

So DiFabio was right about the reason why the Terminator found her - it was Reese's trailing her as she walked to TechNoir that eventually prompted her to call for help. However, even without Reese's trailing, it is conceivable that she would have been sufficiently scared from the news alone to make the call.

Perhaps. But remember what prompted her to call the authorities and home, Reese following her.

Perhaps. But remember what prompted her to call the authorities and home, Reese following her.

But then maybe you've found a solution to the very problem that you raised? The problem was, if Skynet gets their agent back in time before the resistance gets theirs, it's an automatic loss for the resistance. But perhaps not? If I'm reading you correctly, you're suggesting that the T800 might never have found Sarah without Reese's intervention? So then it wouldn't necessarily be an automatic loss for the resistance if Skynet got their guy there first.

But then maybe you've found a solution to the very problem that you raised? The problem was, if Skynet gets their agent back in time before the resistance gets theirs, it's an automatic loss for the resistance. But perhaps not? If I'm reading you correctly, you're suggesting that the T800 might never have found Sarah without Reese's intervention? So then it wouldn't necessarily be an automatic loss for the resistance if Skynet got their guy there first.

Yeah, but you're forgetting, they're from the future so it WOULD be an instant loss, to them.

But he did find Sarah without Reese's intervention - she just wasn't home. Even if Sarah hadn't rang home to say she was at Tech Noir, T-800 would likely have gone through their stuff to find a photograph confirming that Ginger was not Sarah and then just waited for the real Sarah to come home.

Back