HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can using the elders body solve the height problem? for the original predator?
and if so how can i get a body of the same elder type? those anyone know?
I can't believe some of you guys would consider screwing this figure up seven different ways just to make him a quarter of an inch taller. As a standalone piece, he looks absolutely fantastic; any kind of mods, part replacements or surgery will take away from that. I'm betting that he'll even look imposing, unmodified, next to the Dutch figure with some clever posing.

Man,This pose is awesome!! I,ll pose my predator like your pic irishJedi :cool:

20090526034059419.jpg.jpg

Can't get tired of looking at this pic. Amazing pose and really great photography and lighting. Awesomeness to the fullest.

I'm really peeved too. It's a well known fact that ALL members of the Predator species are exactly the same height... :huh

The P1 looks taller next to Dutch... thats all that matter to me.
predator_2_behind_movie_shots.jpg

but you're right, as long as he's taller than Dutch, that's all that matters

True that Preds logically should be different heights, but since Kevin Peter Hall played the P1, P2, and Elder, they should be the same height. That pic of the Preds you posted has the Snake and Elder heads Photoshoped on, so the heights aren't accurate there either.

True that Preds logically should be different heights, but since Kevin Peter Hall played the P1, P2, and Elder, they should be the same height. That pic of the Preds you posted has the Snake and Elder heads Photoshoped on, so the heights aren't accurate there either.

Not to mention none of them have feet. But I agree since KPH played both, even though the suits were massively different, the two preds shouldn't have a very noticeable difference in height when it comes to a scaled collectable.

I can't believe some of you guys would consider screwing this figure up seven different ways just to make him a quarter of an inch taller. As a standalone piece, he looks absolutely fantastic; any kind of mods, part replacements or surgery will take away from that. I'm betting that he'll even look imposing, unmodified, next to the Dutch figure with some clever posing.

I agree, after seeing all the different shots, that this new pred is definitely THE best stand alone pred.
It is a bit irritating that he is short but the proportions look better and a little more seamless. If anything it would have been better if he were slightly taller.

its a pity that the predator clan didn't get more screen time in predator 2. That predator to the very left looks like he has a disc attached to his thigh but you'd never notice it in the film.

its a pity that the predator clan didn't get more screen time in predator 2. That predator to the very left looks like he has a disc attached to his thigh but you'd never notice it in the film.

They didn't really need anymore screen time tbh because the Lost Predators are just P2 rehashes. They all use P2 armor etc. They just have different paint schemes and minor differences. So there's nothing really special about them.

but you're right, as long as he's taller than Dutch, that's all that matters

Erm..hate to say it but thats only because Dutch is too short aswell. Dutch is especially too short if you do the neck mod. The predator should be a lot taller than Dutch and, while the neck mod on the latter will better enable this, its unfortunate that this bit of customising also turns Dutch into the shortarse of the P1 special forces team - certainly it makes him shorter than Billy than he already is. As someone whose been hoping for this figure for positively yonks thats a tad annoying.

Don't get me wrong - love these mofos. In their own right they're fantastic figures but I do hope for somewhat accurate scale from one figure to another and it bugs me that somehow an Arnold Schwarzennegger figure winds up below average height for a Hot toys figure and that the original classic Predator follows suit.

Don't get me wrong - love these mofos. In their own right they're fantastic figures but I do hope for somewhat accurate scale from one figure to another and it bugs me that somehow an Arnold Schwarzennegger figure winds up below average height for a Hot toys figure and that the original classic Predator follows suit.

Maybe because Arnold is only like 6 foot tall in real life? :huh In straight 1/6th scale, he should only be 12" on the dot. How tall is the Dutch figure?

Back