HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't make the mod the canons sit right beside his head and look silly. It's too bad Hot Toys didn't choose to use the ball joint that they use, where the canon mounts the stem, on the shoulder armour as well. It would have saved having to make this mod at all.

I'm going to have to wait till my body returns from being 'repaired'. Do you think it may be possible to heat up the mounting on the shoulder armour and bend it over 45 degrees? That would achieve the same result, or do you think it would break?

IMG_0354.jpg
That pic just reminded me that I'm kind of bored looking at the bio mask. I'll box it up. Right now, I have it right beside my 1:1 Terminator bust, and IMO, the Terminator steals the show. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a damned good 1:1 prop. Just today, I had a closer look at the base of the mask, and the copperish color they used on certain parts of the base, makes it look a bit cheap. It still doesn't compute, why the base is so friggin' heavy, and the mask itself is light. It's completely irrelevant, since I don't run around the house carrying the mask & base, but I still wonder why they made the base so heavy.

Hot Toys should've made that top pivot point a ball joint. That way you could've rotated the plasmacaster outward like the customs everyone has been doing.

precisely what i thought and was expecting... they've disappointed me :mad:

The Wolf prototype certainly looked like he had ball-jointed levers for the cannons, so it's anybody's guess why they gave up on that idea, the twits! Maybe the tooling costs were going over budget? Just a wild guess, though.

DBC, thanks for PMing the pics & plans for the LoneWolf conversion! At the moment I'm thinking of going a step further and replacing the hinge with a ball joint. I'd like to have fully functional cannons if possible, but if it's too much trouble then I'll got with the fixed position conversion. And if I do find a good way to make them functional, I'll share it here with anyone else who may want to do it. Working cannons would likely make Wolfie a very happy hunter! :D

I'm eager to see how I feel about the canons when I get Wolf, I'm nervous on a figure this costly to even try a mod like this at the risk of ruining the figure, but if the factory canons bother me neough I'll take the plunge.

cant bring myself to customize any of my preds to scared ill go wrong and ruin them. DBC those cannons look wicked my wolf should be here this week woho

For me, worse than the price is the availability of another if you really mess up. With Wolf, unless they do a BD figure, this is probably it for me without paying out the rear on eBay and I'm not doing that just cuz I had to tweak something. Maybe if I can score a set of armor off eBay by itself.

I snapped some more pics to hold you guys over, sorry about the figure stands but it's a loooooong way to fall if they take a spill.

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

that looks awsome !!!
My wolf is almost here !! is being traveling all weeknd with FEDEX !!
is left memphis allready WOOOT ! with my past orders from sideshow after the memphis top is MIchigan detroit the WINDSOR YAY!!
I will have video and pics as soon AS i get him.

I'm hoping maybe FexEx will be ahead like they've been sometimes and I'll get Wolf Wednesday instead of Thursday. I'm already working on some stuff for images :)

Back