HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a relatively easy way to mod Wolf's cannon mounts to make them fully funtional. Here's a pic of the final result. I'll post some WIP pics with a short tutorial if anybody else is interested.

ModDemo1.jpg

ModDemo4.jpg

I found a relatively easy way to mod Wolf's cannon mounts to make them fully funtional. Here's a pic of the final result. I'll post some WIP pics with a short tutorial if anybody else is interested.

ModDemo1.jpg

ModDemo4.jpg

Please do, I'll take every option to fix this, i do find it annoying how it came from the factory, not just the lack of right function but because of the design, the right shoulder really can't be used well as it is.

Okay, here's a brief tutorial for anyone who wants to fix Wolfie's cannons. You'll need a few basic tools for the job, I added pics of the ones I used as examples.

With a sharp edged tool, carefully split apart the lower end of each cannon mount arm. You just have to open it enough so that you can pop the ball-ended part out of the socket. (There's a plastic pin molded inside one side of the socket, which goes through the ball). Be patient, and watch your fingers!

You'll end up with two ball-ended pieces with holes through them, still attached to the armour. (Pic 3.) Fill both of the holes with epoxy putty and set them aside. Cut the plastic pins out of the sockets of the cannon arms. Smooth the inside of the small cup-like space on the pin side of each piece.

Cut a small piece of foam or other "spongy" material and shape it to fit inside the other half of the socket. (I used small pieces of polyurethane foam to fill the insides of the sockets. You'll need to use something similar to create a small amount of tension against the ball, or the joint will be too loose.) Add a drop of super glue to the little foam pad and glue it in place, making sure it's centered in the shallow hole. (Pic 6.)

When the putty is hard, sand it smooth and test fit everything. Add more foam as needed, and when you're satisfied you have the correct amount of tension inside the joints, carefully glue the ends of cannon arm halves together again. Press the sides of the joint firmly together until the glue sets up. Touch up the paint as needed and you're good to go!

1. From top to bottom: X-acto knife, sprue cutters, small half-round woodcutting gouge, surgical scissors, and polyurethane foam pieces.
ModTools1.jpg

2. Close up of tools. Note the small bits of black plastic that need to be removed from inside the sockets at lower ends of each cannon arm.
ModTools2.jpg

3. Armour with mount base complete, cannon arm removed.
BallJointBase.jpg

4. Ball joint piece filled with Milliput epoxy putty.
BallJoint-Filled1.jpg

5. Ball joint on mount base filled with putty.
BJointBase-Filled.jpg

6. Left: Socket of cannon arm w/foam insert. Right: Completed ball joint assembled in arm.
NewBallJoint2.jpg

7. Modification completed. This mod allows for complete original articulation of cannon with added lateral rotation of the mount arms.
ModDemo5.jpg

8. Wolfie's cannons can now articulate like they were supposed to!!!
ModDemo1.jpg

ModDemo4.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh, looks like you filled in the joint with some material to make it a ball instead of hinge. Thanks for the pictures, rest up and I'll be keeping an eye for the details.

You made it a ball-joint, that's EXACTLY how I had mentioned Hot Toys SHOULD'VE done it quite a few pages back. :banana

Glad to see you did it and it works! Thanks a lot Mudshark! After you get some sleep could you come by and talk about it?

I promise I'll come back and fill in the details tomorrow! Bookmark the page and I'll just edit the pics I've already posted. Btw, all you'll need is some epoxy putty (I used Milliput) and some thin foam material or something similar, and some superglue, of course. That's it. Good night all! :wave

Man, I thought you were gonna talk about it, and that the badass panning shots and music were just for an opener... which is why I left the comment I did.

But man, that was the best damn video 'review' I've ever seen. You let the figure do all of the talking for itself. Superb job! Now, I gotta watch it again!

Back