HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

:lol at the people who took aday off of work to get this figure.

Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

Why wouldn't they keep selling these?!!! The way the collectibles market is suffering (from the manufacturers standpoint), ANY item that brings in this much interest, and CASH, should continue to be available, and sold.
Seriously. These are toys we're talking about here.

I wonder if they could possibly change it to 2 per customer now. Wouldn't mind anotha!

Seriously. . .I want two :(

Sometimes I wish I was a sneaky bastard like others around here who circumvent the rule with false aliases and alternate shipping addresses.

I don't understand why having a friend or family member order for you would be sneaky. This figure is made to be displayed two ways and if someone wants two what's wrong with that? Myself, can't afford it with so many other thing on pre-order, but I wouldn't feel guilty to find a way if I could. Doesn't make me a scalper or sneaky. But that's just me, no way I would pay ebay price.

I had the day off anyways, but why make light of someone else's mis-fortune.

... and who cares how many were sold, as long as people who wanted this, got it.

When in to work late to preorder this guy only to see he is still available... :/

The numbers on these must be huge.

M.

Maybe the numbers aren't as huge as you'd imagine. I'm willing to bet that a lot of folks didn't place an order because of the price. It doesn't matter how you look at it, $224 is a lot to spend on a figure, when for just $40 more you can purchase a small statue instead. It's hard to imagine that just a few years ago, many of us on the forum were praising the "cheap" price of Hot Toys compared to Medicom and Enterbay.

Seriously. . .I want two :(

Sometimes I wish I was a sneaky bastard like others around here who circumvent the rule with false aliases and alternate shipping addresses.

How many OCs do you have kara? I have one.

On Monday, I'm going to call them if it's still available as a preorder and see if they'll bump it up to two per customer. I mean, why not?

Also, has anyone ever changed their password on their site? I changed mine but it still keeps the original older password. Like, say my password was BatmanBegins, but I change it to TheDarkKnight. BatmanBegins, which I just changed will still work as well as TheDarkKnight. Two passwords? Why is this?

A good friend of mine (and fellow board member) ordered one for me while I was at work.

I really think it came out nice, just want to see what the new DX Joker turns out to be.

Might go back and pick up a Scarecrow as well.

On Monday, I'm going to call them if it's still available as a preorder and see if they'll bump it up to two per customer. I mean, why not?

Also, has anyone ever changed their password on their site? I changed mine but it still keeps the original older password. Like, say my password was BatmanBegins, but I change it to TheDarkKnight. BatmanBegins, which I just changed will still work as well as TheDarkKnight. Two passwords? Why is this?

Try clearing your cache, deleting cookies, and exiting all the windows in your browser. Then restart your browser and see what happens.

I don't understand why having a friend or family member order for you would be sneaky. This figure is made to be displayed two ways and if someone wants two what's wrong with that? Myself, can't afford it with so many other thing on pre-order, but I wouldn't feel guilty to find a way if I could. Doesn't make me a scalper or sneaky. But that's just me, no way I would pay ebay price.
Well I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek about it, but the rule is set up to make sure each collector only gets one. Now that we know everyone has had a chance, I don't have a problem with what you're saying, either, particularly since the figure seems actually made so that folks would own and display two. But, for those truly rare pieces (like the Jason 3 PF Ex. for example) I agree with Sideshow's reason for doing it and am not sure I could allow myself to buy an extra if that meant depriving someone else who really wanted one just so I can have two different looks on display. But. . .maybe I could?

Dr_Evil.jpg

At this moment, just 1.

Well I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek about it, but the rule is set up to make sure each collector only gets one. Now that we know everyone has had a chance, I don't have a problem with what you're saying, either, particularly since the figure seems actually made so that folks would own and display two. But, for those truly rare pieces (like the Jason 3 PF Ex. for example) I agree with Sideshow's reason for doing it and am not sure I could allow myself to buy an extra if that meant depriving someone else who really wanted one just so I can have two different looks on display. But. . .maybe I could?

Dr_Evil.jpg

QUOTE]

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

The funny thing is if I had gotten two, I wouldn't think of it as depriving someone else, but rather depriving a scalper.

Try clearing your cache, deleting cookies, and exiting all the windows in your browser. Then restart your browser and see what happens.

First thing I did. They both work still.

I think it was the PPO between 10 and 12 for those who subscribed to the newsletter. If you look at the site now it's just a regular PO and anyone can order one. Somebody did say it was going to be a regular release. I think if there is still a large number available after a time, it will then be released to other retailers.

For the same number of accessories, Cap costs $170 and this new bats costs $255...won't be surprised if HT sets $200 as the minimum price of its figures soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back