HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons its so slow to sell out is because its a remake of an older figure. People already have this figure and they dont need/want another. I do remember reading that the Iron Man secret project sold out very quickly and the site crashed. I dont see how a rehatched Iron Man is more popular than a Batman. Crazy ____.

Because simply put, IM > Batman in just about every way, 24hrs a day, 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. :pfft:

Truth of the matter is, Iron Man is known for his hall of armors. The more variants a collector has, which is not uncommon for Iron Man, the more impressive the display. This is unlike Batman who doesn't really tweak or modify his suit nearly as much. So there's less appeal there. This is reflected with the selling price of the SDCC exclusive armors, which I doubt, officially licensed Batman releases will ever touch price-wise on the secondary market.

Y'know, I'm all about being U.S.-centric, but hundreds (or even thousands) of these figures are already released and floating around out there. Just because most members here don't have it in-hand doesn't mean there shouldn't be any discussion of this already released figure. :lol

Oh, lordy.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly: Mods don't need to cave to entitlement douches.

Because simply put, IM > Batman in just about every way, 24hrs a day, 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. :pfft:

Truth of the matter is, Iron Man is known for his hall of armors. The more variants a collector has, which is not uncommon for Iron Man, the more impressive the display. This is unlike Batman who doesn't really tweak or modify his suit nearly as much. So there's less appeal there. This is reflected with the selling price of the SDCC exclusive armors, which I doubt, officially licensed Batman releases will ever touch price-wise on the secondary market.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

thats what i was trying to explain to some crybaby on facebook yesterday who was one of the many who believed HT releasing another iron man armor took away from some other license. when in reality, it will sell like hot cakes, and fund the less popular figures he was whining for.

This has probably been posted already, but there is no way I am going to check in this Haystack
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kqCOCpNMU&feature=channel_video_title"]Hot Toys Bruce Wayne Exclusive Batman Begins Figure Review 2011 USA.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

While I greatly prefer Batman personally Nam pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'll admit I have the OC Bats and I got this new one to display with the "first night" attire to go along side my OC and DX 02.

I'm almost positive Sideshow has many times more Batmen than Iron Man. While Iron Man is no doubt a huge seller for HT, I suspect the Begins rehash is more popular than Secret Project was, and is only still available because Sideshow received an allotment of several thousand.

Sucks its not real limited the way we thought but atleast we didn't have to pay scalper prices.

343fc7db8fb71b261-1.jpg

This head's sculpt is so top tier to keep in a small limited quantity!

I have a feeling i may actually end up regretting the $224 i will pay for this guy when i see these on ebay for $150.

I only preordered because i thought it was pretty neat looking in 1/6th, i don't really even like the movie or the suit... I just didn't want to regret not grabbing one... oh well, you live, you learn.

M.

The figure looks incredible. I already have the OC Batman but I'm really looking forward to getting this one regardless.

Honestly is there a difference in the costume between this new version and the old one? Seems to me that aside from the headsculpt, the costume and/or body is the same...no? I'm personally getting this new one since I missed out on the first, but I'm trying to see differences and I'm not sure I can.

Honestly is there a difference in the costume between this new version and the old one? Seems to me that aside from the headsculpt, the costume and/or body is the same...no? I'm personally getting this new one since I missed out on the first, but I'm trying to see differences and I'm not sure I can.

Suit is the same but underlying body seems to be a larger/hybrid muscular one

Cape is upgraded

Otherwise it is the same

It amazes me that people are still buying this on eBay for $400 when there are clearly going to be a shat-ton of these made :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back