HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious, in the history of Sideshow, has there ever been a Hot Toys figure on priority pre-order that had as much trouble being sold out as this figure? Or is this a first?

I'm just curious, in the history of Sideshow, has there ever been a Hot Toys figure on priority pre-order that had as much trouble being sold out as this figure? Or is this a first?

Only the more level-headed collectors, or those who simply didn't place their entire worth as collectors in their capacity to snag one of these figures, were able to see this coming.

The rest of 'em were convinced that if they weren't at their keyboards and ready to log on 3 hours before PPO launch then they'd miss out forever on what would surely be remembered as the amazing figure that sold out by 10:05am.

It depends on who sells out first Predator or Batman
Also remember that we are in an age where there is charge if you cancel, so that will make people not so keen to pre-order unless they are pretty sure they want it

One of the reasons its so slow to sell out is because its a remake of an older figure. People already have this figure and they dont need/want another. I do remember reading that the Iron Man secret project sold out very quickly and the site crashed. I dont see how a rehatched Iron Man is more popular than a Batman. Crazy ____.

One of the reasons its so slow to sell out is because its a remake of an older figure. People already have this figure and they dont need/want another. I do remember reading that the Iron Man secret project sold out very quickly and the site crashed. I dont see how a rehatched Iron Man is more popular than a Batman. Crazy ____.

There is no logic in the world of collectibles. :lecture

No not many have the original OC Batman - that one had a tiny production run compared to what HT produces now.

I'd wager the reason it has not sold out is as simple as HT producing a huge amount of these - in line with regular release volumes, regardless of the 'exclusive' nametag - that along with the fact that SSC has not at this point distributed these to other retailers means that SSC has a much larger allocation of these than they would normally do.

Either way - pure win situation for us collectors IMO. ____ the scalpers.

I dont know a great deal about the OC Batman but I have read various threads where people have said that they are annoyed with this new Batman figure seeing as they paid alot for the original. But large quantitys are largely to do with it still being available. Like others have said, I want to see how many of these have been PO'd (especially in the first 10 minutes) Because at the moment it feels as if only a small number have PO'd this (although that obviously aint the truth).

I dont know a great deal about the OC Batman but I have read various threads where people have said that they are annoyed with this new Batman figure seeing as they paid alot for the original. But large quantitys are largely to do with it still being available. Like others have said, I want to see how many of these have been PO'd (especially in the first 10 minutes) Because at the moment it feels as if only a small number have PO'd this (although that obviously aint the truth).

Well the reason they paid a lot for the original is because once it sold out in retail (I bought mine for $150), it's price sky rocketed in the secondary market because it was so rare.

The main reason HT has done this re-release (with new head and harness to justify it) is because they saw the demand for the original and thought they could easily capitalize on it by reissuing an updated figure in a large quantity.

Out of curiousity why is Batman on Priority Preorder again? I just went on sideshow and it was on ppo again. :dunno

It depends on who sells out first Predator or Batman
Also remember that we are in an age where there is charge if you cancel, so that will make people not so keen to pre-order unless they are pretty sure they want it

i dont think sideshow charges if the batman preorder is cancelled do they? i dont see that anywhere.

there's no NRD on this

thats what i thought.

looking on ebay, it looks like these are still selling for 400-500 bucks... thats insane. or are those just lingering bids from before sideshow put him onsale. any way to tell when people put in the last bid?

nevermind, figured it out...

wow most of the latest bids were before sideshows sale... those poor suckers.

reedit.... BUT some were from today... wtf are they thinking?

Last edited:
Some people either don't know they can get it from Sideshow or they can't. Maybe they already ordered one and want a second or maybe Sideshow doesn't ship to their country.

I remember when I sold the two Secret Project Iron Man figures I got from the SDCC sale they went to two guys in Asia countries. There are lots of overseas people interested in these and I bet a lot of them don't know they can get them from Sideshow or they just can't.

I bet dollars to donuts that if I decide to sell one of the two Batman figures I got from this sale on eBay it'll be sold to a person in an Asian country.

Well the reason they paid a lot for the original is because once it sold out in retail (I bought mine for $150), it's price sky rocketed in the secondary market because it was so rare.

The main reason HT has done this re-release (with new head and harness to justify it) is because they saw the demand for the original and thought they could easily capitalize on it by reissuing an updated figure in a large quantity.

I have to say, this re-release is a brilliant news to all collectors. The head sculpt is beast, the suit is amazing and even the box is awesome. Has anyone reviewed this on youtube (All I can find is videos of the prototype pics)

But technically, it's already been released. :huh
Y'know, I'm all about being U.S.-centric, but hundreds (or even thousands) of these figures are already released and floating around out there. Just because most members here don't have it in-hand doesn't mean there shouldn't be any discussion of this already released figure. :lol

Oh, lordy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back