HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember when people were worried that Hot Toys wasn't going to tweak the sculpt or fix the high hat??? Ah, the olden days... :rotfl

Of course, some just moved straight on from that to talk of monkey lips, eye-liner and inaccurate nostrils.

Not me, I knew HT always comes through when it comes to getting the figure in my hand as opposed to pictures online, no matter how good they turn out. In a way it worked out for me, because a lot of the retailers didn't sell out quickly, like CSC because of the doubters, should have mine by weds. :) Going to be watching Raiders on Dvd to get me set! :clap

:) I´m glad all you are happy with him. I always said that this was going to be a Great figure., Can´t wait for mine! I've ordered an extra head for my Maproom custom.

Just opened mine 10 minutes ago. Initial reaction...WOW.

Fresh, unfutzed even ungeared photos here. From the box to the table.

Absolutely better in person than expected (and I was fine with many of the recent in-hand pics). I'd have to go with Billy Ray's comment that Zhu's awesome latest pics best capture what this looks like when you're looking at it in person. Trust me, you won't even bother to listen to those who heavily criticize it yet haven't actually seen it first-hand. It's crazy how much better this thing looks than in 99% of the pics, especially the initial solicited shots of the prototype. It's a strange thing, indeed. Reminds me of a similar phenomenon with some Sideshow products, except this piece looks even better.

Bottom line... this is a great Indy figure out of the box and by far the best 1:6 version of the character made to date (officially, anyway). I'm sure you of all folks will be quite pleased that you decided to pull the trigger at the last minute. :hi5:

I never thought this figure was either perfect or terrible. But I'm most glad to report that after expecting it first-hand it's definitely closer to perfect. (Now watch some spin that as me saying it's "PERFECT!" :lol )

:yess: Makes the wait harder but :yess:

Coco: that hatless pic is excellent and really shows Ford in there. If HT had just shot this figure like that for the get-go, there would be no issues or months of worry and squabbling.

I think HT does it on purpose.

God damn it, and I was SO SURE I wasn't going to get this. I still have my gripes with this figure, but I'm going to pick one up tomorrow from CSC (if they still have them in stock), and display him in my custom gear until I can get my full custom built up. Then HT will get converted into Cairo Indy.

What does crow taste good with, BBQ sauce?

Was driving home earlier and debated on whether to take a detour to CSC to pick Indy up...but decided against it. After seeing some of the new pictures here, I think I shouldn't have hesitated lol

God damn it, and I was SO SURE I wasn't going to get this. I still have my gripes with this figure, but I'm going to pick one up tomorrow from CSC (if they still have them in stock), and display him in my custom gear until I can get my full custom built up. Then HT will get converted into Cairo Indy.

Taste like chicken :lol

Oh...I was wondering how the heck you got a hold of that...I'd love to see a comparison of the two. I was one of the very few who didn't mind the original sculpt.

yeah I got it on ebay, Look up Hot toys indiana jones and the guy is selling some white cast, mine is still unpainted.

Was driving home earlier and debated on whether to take a detour to CSC to pick Indy up...but decided against it. After seeing some of the new pictures here, I think I shouldn't have hesitated lol

You are a man to come here and admit that- the in hand reviews seem to indicate what I had hoped all along... HT does it again. From now on the haters must have learned something from this but alas they will be back when they feel the need to make up stories......:lecture

They still do, or least they should have them in stock, mine shipped out from CSC around noon today, should have him by the end of the week

You know, when looking at in person there's no 'eye liner' look at all. It just looks like the natural folds and edges of eyelids.

Been trying to tell people that. I know it's hard to believe, especially after seeing the figuremaniac.com pics, but it simply is not there in hand...and certainyl not as pronounced in anyone else's pics.

Just ordered...after an internal back and forth debate in my head raged on for the past week...I was finally swayed by this shot that you guys posted a few pages earlier:

234252n4f4t54cb88lcgkh.jpg

Back