HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered...after an internal back and forth debate in my head raged on for the past week...I was finally swayed by this shot that you guys posted a few pages earlier:

234252n4f4t54cb88lcgkh.jpg

And another one comes to the light side...who's next? Siquisiri? Come on buddy...you know you want to ;)

One with a Sovereign jacket.

Does the whip coil well and does it fit well with the belt, I hated that the clip on SS that held the whip kept unfastening. :gah: As much as I love his whip and I 100% do! I like it when it's coiled and attached to his belt as well.

Where does one obtain said jacket?

Long backstory.... but the short of it is: they are known as Sovereign Studios Indy jackets, specially made, and can still be found occassionally on eBay. The customizer, Shawn, has been making custom Indys for years (10 years I think) with this type of jacket and it still has not been beaten. For a time he was making just jacket upgrades for SS Indy. But he has many outstanding orders apparently.

So, buyer beware if you go direct. Best to get one from the Sales Thread here or check eBay.

Long backstory.... but the short of it is: they are known as Sovereign Studios Indy jackets, specially made, and can still be found occassionally on eBay. The customizer, Shawn, has been making custom Indys for years (10 years I think) with this type of jacket and it still has not been beaten. For a time he was making just jacket upgrades for SS Indy. But he has many outstanding orders apparently.

So, buyer beware if you go direct. Best to get one from the Sales Thread here or check eBay.

You know I got an Indy from Sovereign a while back, I'm not sure the jacket will fit on this though.

I think the Sovreign jacket looks a lot better on this figure than the Kato jacket. Not that the Kato jacket isn't nice, but the overall fit of the Sovreign is much better IMO. Not that I have either, or could afford them. I am happy with HT's, but that Sovereign does look nice!

Does the whip coil well and does it fit well with the belt, I hated that the clip on SS that held the whip kept unfastening. :gah: As much as I love his whip and I 100% do! I like it when it's coiled and attached to his belt as well.

I haven't really messed with the whip much. I really don't like it. The one in his hand here is SS's permanently coiled whip.

The whip holder works perfectly. The magnetic clip holds even the heavy SS whip just fine.

I plan on getting mfishers whip whenever he decides to offer them again.

Just got mine and he's amazing!

Quick question for those who also have him. Do the buttons on his short at the wrists unsnap? I'm trying to eyeball the shoulder joints as I'm having a hard time raising his as above his head :)

Just got mine and he's amazing!

Quick question for those who also have him. Do the buttons on his short at the wrists unsnap? I'm trying to eyeball the shoulder joints as I'm having a hard time raising his as above his head :)

The shirt buttons at the wrist do unsnap.

Yep. That's the guy that ripped me off for $200 in 2007...still pissed about that.

Forget the likeness issues, the one thing I've learned from all of the photos in this thread is that people are absolutely terrified of putting this figure in the Arab disguise. They seem to actively fear it. What other excuse could there possibly be?

The alternate outfit actually exists, doesn't it? I mean, did HT actually ship it with the figure as promised?

:monkey1 :duff

Forget the likeness issues, the one thing I've learned from all of the photos in this thread is that people are absolutely terrified of putting this figure in the Arab disguise. They seem to actively fear it. What other excuse could there possibly be?

Sarcasm aside, you bring up a good point. As a general rule, most people suck at futzing their figures. And it appears that the Arab disguise needs major futzing to look right. The turban looks like a PITA to futz with.

I plan on using the Arab disguise when I receive mine. I was wondering if the Hot Toys head, hands and feet pegs with fit a Soldier Story body?

Back