HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got the shirt,pants,shoes guns and gloved hands all loose on ebay, this will be a bash i build over time, I will hold out for a better sculpt.

Mine arrived.
Beautiful set. Awful headsculpt. I mean it's an ok Indy, but not current HT standard.

Am I allowed have an opinion now that I have it inhand?
Major FAIL.

I actually have two of these sets coming (don't ask) when I get the second I will try and seriously mod it.

This is a lovely toy figure set, lots of fun in a box. When I opened Superman it was like getting a piece of film memorabilia, thats the difference here.

:(

I'm afraid this is what will happen to me once I get the figure. :monkey2

I'm afraid this is what will happen to me once I get the figure. :monkey2

I hope you like yours batsheva.
It's not a bad set by any means, just not an amazing HT set.

I think a lot of people on here have started commenting on the quality of the photographs that some of our talented members have taken rather the the quality of the actual sculpt. IMO.

Kinda like a reverse mass hysteria.
:lol

I hope you like yours batsheva.
It's not a bad set by any means, just not an amazing HT set.

I think a lot of people on here have started commenting on the quality of the photographs that some of our talented members have taken rather the the quality of the actual sculpt. IMO.

Kinda like a reverse mass hysteria.
:lol

I hope so, Rorywan.
I've seen the real thing when I visit the Hot Toys booth at STGCC 2011, and from what I see on the pics, the figure is still the same. And I didn't like the sculpt back then. :slap

From what I've been reading in this thread, those who are more interested in having a figure of Indy are happy with it; those who are more interested in having a figure of Ford are less so. I know I canceled because the Ford likeness was more important to me than how successfully the figure represented Indy. I've bought figures for character rather than likeness before and been really happy with them.

Well luka's pics have made me feel a bit better.

Is this one's a keeper do you think Rorywan?

I think it is, just because it's a really fun/cool set. The sculpt is just weird though. You shouldn't have to try and look for angles where it looks like Ford. I do however understand why people would be impressed when they start taking all the stuff out of the box. It's the ultimate Indiana Jones toy you wanted as a kid. But it's not the ultimate film collectible, that I was hoping for. Mainly due to the sculpt.

From what I've been reading in this thread, those who are more interested in having a figure of Indy are happy with it; those who are more interested in having a figure of Ford are less so. I know I canceled because the Ford likeness was more important to me than how successfully the figure represented Indy. I've bought figures for character rather than likeness before and been really happy with them.

Well hopefully, we will get a Decard from Blade Runner figure at some point.

I think it is, just because it's a really fun/cool set. The sculpt is just weird though. You shouldn't have to try and look for angles where it looks like Ford. I do however understand why people would be impressed when they start taking all the stuff out of the box. It's the ultimate Indiana Jones toy you wanted as a kid. But it's not the ultimate film collectible, that I was hoping for. Mainly due to the sculpt.

Do you or anybody else think Hot Toys will do another Indy say like Temple of Doom or Last Crusade?

I think HT will do a TOD Indy, but it will depend on the sales of this figure. So even though it seems like most everyone is changing their minds about this Indy, is it enough to compensate for all the backlash it got in the beginning and all the months leading up to the release?

So if HT is happy with how this Indy sold, you can bet the TOD Indy will follow, along with Sideshow's release of the mine cart they've mentioned.

I've collected mine last Sunday but still MISB. I heard a lot of collectors in Hong Kong and China cancelled their orders on this Indy, and same here in Singapore, some put him on sale for $190 (local pickup) but still no one interested.

I think we could see a TOD Indy. The tux, the battle damaged look etc.

With hopefully a better headsculpt. I bet Sideshow are not too happy about how this release went. If this was a killer release like Superman, the sales of their Map Room dio would have rocketed.
This release is pretty mediocre so a lot of folk simply won't bother, that will hit SS not HT.

Add to this the terrible QC on the SS/HT Exclusive Batman Begins and I think it's not as rosy in the HT/SS camp as it was a few months ago. Sounds like nearly all the people posting on the Batman thread have had QC issues. Which will get sent back to SS.

eeek.

I've collected mine last Sunday but still MISB. I heard a lot of collectors in Hong Kong and China cancelled their orders on this Indy, and same here in Singapore, some put him on sale for $190 (local pickup) but still no one interested.

That's very interesting. Maybe the $175 Indy by March next year is a possibility after all.

I had thought sales were actually picking up because it seemed that our retailers were all out of stock... but alas most all of them have it restocked, and one apparently at a lower price.

I can tell you that I've been tracking eBay sales and (although its only been a week or so) it seems the price is squeaking upwards just a bit. No more $225 deals. Figure now goes for $236+ or better.

Time will tell.

With hopefully a better headsculpt. I bet Sideshow are not too happy about how this release went. If this was a killer release like Superman, the sales of their Map Room dio would have rocketed.
This release is pretty mediocre so a lot of folk simply won't bother, that will hit SS not HT.

Good point. I never considered how invested Sideshow would be to HT Indy's success, aside from HT sub-licensing Indy from them.

Despite me personally not liking this HT release, I truly hope it does do well because the future of Indy 1:6 figures depends on it. If HT, the undisputed champion of 1:6 figures, can't get their Indy figure to sell well, then no-one can. Sideshow tried and got poor sales (regardless of what you think of the quality of the products) to the point of putting the whole line on "pause". They handed the reins over to HT to maybe salvage the license, but even they couldn't drum up Iron Man- or Batman-level sales. If this HT Indy doesn't do well, HT and Sideshow will just say that there isn't enough interest in the 1:6 Indy line to continue. :(

Received my HT Indy yesterday. Spoke to the merchant who told me SSC sent him only half of his preorder. He said he does'nt expect to recieve the other half. He did have afull batch of Iron man

Back