HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my HT Indy yesterday. Spoke to the merchant who told me SSC sent him only half of his preorder. He said he does'nt expect to recieve the other half. He did have afull batch of Iron man

What does that mean? Why would he not receive the rest of his preorders? Did he not have them to fill?

He seems to think SSC had a lot of direct individual orders which they filled first and cut back on the retailers. In other words SSC ran out.

That's odd, wouldn't Sideshow know in advance their own allotment and know how many orders they have to fill?

Is it customary for Sideshow to pull orders away from retailers to accomodate their own sales? That seems messed up.

wow. how many different pictures do we need of the stunt double..different lighting and angles will not fix this.maybe if they release an alternate head to fix there blunder . other wise just keep the lights off because this was clearly a miss just on the head sculpt but the stuff you get with this figure is quite impressive.

wow. how many different pictures do we need of the stunt double..different lighting and angles will not fix this.maybe if they release an alternate head to fix there blunder . other wise just keep the lights off because this was clearly a miss just on the head sculpt but the stuff you get with this figure is quite impressive.

Ahem...the title of the thread is "HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images" :thwak

That's odd, wouldn't Sideshow know in advance their own allotment and know how many orders they have to fill?

Is it customary for Sideshow to pull orders away from retailers to accomodate their own sales? That seems messed up.

Considering that SSC has it on Backorder I would guess that they got a split shipment. They are probably reducing orders so that all their retailers get some now rather than ship full orders to some retailers and none to others.

wow. how many different pictures do we need of the stunt double.

This is the image thread. :dunno :lol

The item is listed as "Backorder" on the SSC site. I don't think SSC got their full shipment from HT yet.

That said, some dealers have noted that SSC isn't always able to fulfill their complete orders, but I don't know the full story behind those complaints.

Considering that SSC has it on Backorder I would guess that they got a split shipment. They are probably reducing orders so that all their retailers get some now rather than ship full orders to some retailers and none to others.

That makes more sense. Then those outstanding orders will be filled.

Anything's possible, though. :) Normally my buddy finds out well in advance if they can't get him the numbers he wants. I think he wanted 30 HT Spidermans and his rep told him they couldn't get him that many. When the time came they ended up filling his whole order.

Archaeology is not an exact science! :lol

Don't people have anything better to do than complain over and over and over again? I have kept my mouth shut eagerly awaiting what this final product will look like and I think it looks fine. Definitely not worth all the lambasting and derision this figure gets. If people don't like it, that's fine but make a point and stop posting the same crap over and over again. It's annoying to almost everyone.

The item is listed as "Backorder" on the SSC site. I don't think SSC got their full shipment from HT yet.

That said, some dealers have noted that SSC isn't always able to fulfill their complete orders, but I don't know the full story behind those complaints.

That would mean that HT for some reason is splitting shipments.

I had no real objection to the headsculpt from the start and I'm satisfied with the likeness right now. But if a delayed 2nd wave turns out to have an uncanny "out of the ballpark" perfect HF likeness. I'm going to be quite distressed.

Ahem...the title of the thread is "HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images" :thwak

Well it isn't really, the mods made this thread the main thread after the other one was locked, it was called that beforehand when the first pics came out. But no-one bothered to change the title.

So anything goes...:peace

I had no real objection to the headsculpt from the start and I'm satisfied with the likeness right now. But if a delayed 2nd wave turns out to have an uncanny "out of the ballpark" perfect HF likeness. I'm going to be quite distressed.

Split shipment doesn't mean the scientists at HT are still tinkering with the sculpt. Just means the packages are sitting on a ship for a month behind the first ship. Not enough room on the boat.

I noticed something cool. He is standing on my desk right now. It's dark out and I only have a small desk light one. In the gloom and shadow, he actually looks like Ford. Nearly.

:)

I added an open left hand from (I think) Dastan. I think it makes him a little more dynamic.

DSC_0867-1.jpg

DSC_0866-2.jpg

DSC_0876-1.jpg

The longer I have him, the more I pose and adjust him, the happier I am. :joy

Back