HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote that HT remove the PERS system from any upcoming releases, it has really hurt this figure, it definitely takes away from likeness. Anyways mine is shipping today wahooo!

I vote that HT remove the PERS system from any upcoming releases, it has really hurt this figure, it definitely takes away from likeness. Anyways mine is shipping today wahooo!

got about 9 hot toys figures and 2 enterbay figures,bl and kato both with the pers but indy is the first dx i got i love the pers system its head and shoulders over enterbays the eyes are incredible

I've been an advocate of this for a long time now. HT needs to just stick to painted eyes in the vast majority of cases.

The proto pics of 89 Bats and Joker say otherwise, though. And having Indy in hand I'm not so sure painted eyes would have made much of an improvement if any. I actually have really liked PERS on the figures I've owned so far.

The proto pics of 89 Bats and Joker say otherwise, though. And having Indy in hand I'm not so sure painted eyes would have made much of an improvement if any. I actually have really liked PERS on the figures I've owned so far.

I think PERS work best on figures with paint around the eyes, as you mentioned Joker and Batman. On Indy, not so much. I dread the same is going to happen with Luke.

just picked him up at CSC,opened for inspection and everythink looks great...can't wait to one day display him.

Good price. First indication of lower prices (not counting shipping). I imagine that the price will fall even more in time.

I remember back in aug a pic posted in the old thread of this figure in the HT store window with an already sold out sign in front. This was apparently because of all the early cancelations before the final figure was even revealed?

Most HT figures usually rise in price if not maintain their original price after being sold out. Especially if it's a landmark figure like jones is. So if they did cut back on production of this figure.. He shouldnt be around to long. Also in the short term price might drop? But I would imagine in a years time this guys price will be LARGE.

We are actually starting to see mixed in hand reviews as well but they still seems to favour the positive over the negative.

Anyone good at reading tarot cards?

I think it's hit-or-miss. I think most of the DX figures have had likeness issues (including Sparrow, Indy, DX-01 Joker, Bad MJ, and Luke Skywalker from what we've seen). Could be a coincidence that it's PERS, but I'm not so sure. But beyond that, I just think the painted eyes look better in most cases, irrespective of likeness issues. PERS aren't lined up correctly oftentimes (even in prototype shots), and I don't find myself wanting to move my figures' eyes around very much, so the gimmick doesn't do much for me.

So, my preference would be for HT to just give these guys traditional, painted heads.

Back