HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for my second head and body to arrive so I can set up my desert Indi...but, these photos make it pretty obviouse how good he's going to look when they finnaly do arrive.

Last edited:
I had a go at the turban last night. My one is not constructed like the one referenced in the instruction booklet. It has two small stitches on the longer tails, making a "face hole"?
It looks really cool on, but different than the pics I have seen on here.
Anyone else notice this?

Those are the two stitches I removed on mine. I ended up wetting the turban and placing and forming it on an old figure till it dried. Then place it on the Indy head. Then restitched it after it was on his head. Didn't sew it in the same spots, but in strategic spots. Will take some photos a little later.

Those are the two stitches I removed on mine. I ended up wetting the turban and placing and forming it on an old figure till it dried. Then place it on the Indy head. Then restitched it after it was on his head. Didn't sew it in the same spots, but in strategic spots. Will take some photos a little later.

Cool man, look forward to seeing them. I wet the shirt myself last night, looks a lot better now.
:)

Cool man, look forward to seeing them. I wet the shirt myself last night, looks a lot better now.
:)

Yes, really helps it fit better and make it easy to get the collar to shape better. I also wet the robe and let it dry with the arms bent on another nude figure. Gives it a more worn look.

Happy now, Wor-Gar? Was it worth the money and all the waiting??

Yes, and yes. I'm finally looking at him in daylight and its like a whole new figure. The beard actually reads heavier than it photographs so for me he looks more like Ford's Indy than I was expecting after last night.

I hope to get some better pics up later today.

I'd say, to those still on the fence, that you probably have a pretty good idea of what he looks like by now. No surprise there. But like all things in hand, the actual size, the figure in 3 dimensions as opposed to the 2D pictures, all that makes the figure much better and more striking.

Great pic.
Indy3.jpg
Temple+of+Doom.jpg

Thanks. The ones above that got reposted were not as good as the ones I took later, like this one...

Indy7.jpg

Still got a little eyeliner there but its mostly the lamp at night making harsh shadows. Though I will say I do see it this morning a bit, dark under the eyes like Indy didn't get a good night's rest.

Yes, and yes. I'm finally looking at him in daylight and its like a whole new figure. The beard actually reads heavier than it photographs so for me he looks more like Ford's Indy than I was expecting after last night.

I hope to get some better pics up later today.

I'd say, to those still on the fence, that you probably have a pretty good idea of what he looks like by now. No surprise there. But like all things in hand, the actual size, the figure in 3 dimensions as opposed to the 2D pictures, all that makes the figure much better and more striking.

:goodpost::exactly:

Im glad you like him!

Looks great in those pics Rorywan :hi5:

I had a go at the turban last night. My one is not constructed like the one referenced in the instruction booklet. It has two small stitches on the longer tails, making a "face hole"?
It looks really cool on, but different than the pics I have seen on here.
Anyone else notice this?

Here are a couple of unfutzed iphone pics.. you can see the stitching at eyelevel left and right, it makes kinda a nuns habit for the face..

photo1-1.jpg
photo-25.jpg

WOR GOR,
just noticed the "I caved on HT Indy" under your handle pic, LOL. looks like i might join the same club soon.

:D I think you'll like it.

:goodpost::exactly:

Im glad you like him!

Me too. I know I'll like him even more over the next few days as I play out the clothing and extras.

I'm glad that Wor-Gar is happy! Lucky for us both we didn't get that big divot in the front of the brim. :clap

:duff

Indy has arrived! :rock:rock

Welcome to the club! That's pretty much exactly what mine looks like out of the box without any fancy lighting.

Congrats! The weird thing about this figure is that the hatless head looks much more like Harrison Ford.
As soon as the hat goes on, the likeness seems to get a bit lost (at least to my eyes).

Indy has arrived! :rock:rock
dxindy2002.jpg

dxindy2006.jpg

Congrats! The weird thing about this figure is that the hatless head looks much more like Harrison Ford.
As soon as the hat goes on, the likeness seems to get a bit lost (at least to my eyes).

I thought the same thing. I really like the look of the hatless Indy so much win :lol

I also agree, although if you look up at Indy with hat on then that angle (low) seems to make it look like Ford.

I find it a bit tricky to sit the hat where it looks like Indy. Have to find that sweet spot and angle for the hat; that certain perch.

Got my Indy last night (yes, I caved too), and I like him! I was surprised actually at how much I'm enjoying him. I almost didn't take him out of the box because I love the packaging so much. :lol I'm satisfied with the likeness and he's fun to play around with. I haven't attempted putting him in the Map Room outfit yet, but ultimately that's how I want to display him.

He's the only 1/6 figure I own, but he fits in well with the rest of my Indy collection. In the end, I'm glad I bought him.

Back