HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't go outside to shoot photos, too windy right now. So took a couple of quick indoor shots. Not the best, but just wanted to show the Map Room Outfit.

100_5221.jpg

100_5227.jpg

100_5229.jpg

100_5238.jpg

100_5252.jpg

NICE! :clap

You got that turban on very nicely too!

Love the Close-Up of Indy with hat on -- now up there amongst the BEST PICS imo.

Couldn't go outside to shoot photos, too windy right now. So took a couple of quick indoor shots. Not the best, but just wanted to show the Map Room Outfit.

100_5221.jpg

100_5227.jpg

100_5229.jpg

100_5238.jpg

100_5252.jpg

Excellent photos man!! :clap

They really feature the face nicely - great poses too, I really like the last pic!

I think all the crap that's being put on this figure is bloody outrageous.

BBTS Shipping Notice! Finally.

And, Wor-Gar... glad to hear you're pleased with the figure. :rock I say that's the official consensus now.

NICE! :clap

You got that turban on very nicely too!

Love the Close-Up of Indy with hat on -- now up there amongst the BEST PICS imo.

Excellent photos man!! :clap

They really feature the face nicely - great poses too, I really like the last pic!

I think all the crap that's being put on this figure is bloody outrageous.

Thanks guys. I got luck with that photo with his hat on. You should see all the ones I deleted. I got a cheap point and shot that works better in sunlight. And that Turban is a puzzle. I just unsewed the long hanging part, wet it and put it on his head after I put on the turban. Worked better for me that way. After it dried I sewed it(tacked) in place.

Your turban looks great. Mine does not have that nice roll above the forehead area. Did you do that? I think I may have got a bum turban. :( :lol

I actually unsewed the part that hang down and turn the turban till the roll was in the front. Wouldn't have been able to have it in front if I hadn't unsewed it first.

Here's a photo of the back of the Turban. I sewed the Scarf part to the part of the turban that hang down and then also tacked it to the collar.

100_5231.jpg

Last edited:
I got luck with that photo with his hat on. You should see all the ones I deleted.

I know what you mean. It gets frustrating because so many pics tell you 'this is not Ford' and finally you find one that works, then delete the rest and once you focus on the good pic then you think 'hey, this IS Ford'.

I think that might be what all the confusion is for people and why people, like myself, are hesitant about what they have at first glance. It does take some 'absorbing'...for some of us. But we all seem to reach the same conclusion. Unless its this cool-aid that came with my figure...?

Lots of terrific shots on this thread. Nice work, all! :clap

I'm very happy with my Indys, too! (Got some spare parts from TA and a TrueType and put together a Map Room figure.)

I've been okay with the likeness from the beginning, but once I got him in-hand I was more impressed than I thought I'd be. It's not a perfect figure, of course, but it's a lot of fun. It's an 85% hit for me. (With a few points off for the pricetag, the damnable shirt collar, non-essential PERS, and a jacket that I'm not too enthusiastic about.)

But, on the whole, there's a whole lot to like. The Map Room outfit, the pants, the shoes, the shirt, the packaging, the hat ... even the likeness (for me, anyway).

I was a little surprised, though, that he didn't come with any ungloved fists. Odd. Particularly for a guy who does so much punching. :lol

But overall, I'm quite happy with this purchase!

Hopefully, though, any future Indy universe releases will be straight-up MMS figures. Some of the DX fixins are nice, but I'd prefer to see some non-DX releases that really focus their awesomeness on the figure itself.

Congrats to everyone who has joined the in hand and happy club!! And to you out there that will be joining soon... there is a chair at the table waiting.

Just bring a camera ;)

Anyone having problems with the gloved hands? Particularly the right glove that looks to hold the whip. It doesn't seem to want to stay on. I've yet to play to much with it but for a couple pics it gave me some trouble.

I know what you mean. It gets frustrating because so many pics tell you 'this is not Ford' and finally you find one that works, then delete the rest and once you focus on the good pic then you think 'hey, this IS Ford'.

I think that might be what all the confusion is for people and why people, like myself, are hesitant about what they have at first glance. It does take some 'absorbing'...for some of us. But we all seem to reach the same conclusion. Unless its this cool-aid that came with my figure...?

Well then my grandsons must of drank some of that Kool Aid. They fell in love with Indiana Jones. They love to watch me open up my packages cause they know it's a Toys (I know, high end collectible). I put on Raiders for them as I Futzed with it. They just keep looking at him and asking where I was going to put him. The 6 year suggested the living room, even though most of my collection is in my room. I asked if it was so he could see it when ever he wanted to and he said yeah. First thing this morning before going to school the were asking where Indiana Jones was. Except the 4 year old calls him G.I. Joe because he can't remember Indiana Jones.
I can't stop staring at it. Even with it's faults, it's a great figure. And I wasn't going to buy it. So glad I did.

Back