HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry, but I prefer the real human look of the HT. The sideshow head with that repaint still looks like a doll IMO :dunno

[ame="https://youtu.be/rq-spcrm-L0"]https://youtu.be/rq-spcrm-L0[/ame] here you go boys this is to try and answer some of the questions and show you all the arab outfit . thanks for your comments on the review as a whole , please get across to youtube and check out my other vids :O)

I just don't get the awestruck praise on the SS sculpt even repainted- matter of subjective taste but I think the HT sculpt is closer to HF.

Here's a rough comparison of what looks very off on the head sculpt. The ear lobe is wider, the cheekbones are more pronounced, the face is not as straight as it should be, but has a bit fatter outline. The lips are bigger and more oval, and the bottom part of the nose (no idea what that's called) is much shorter.

hfhgy.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:
I always thought Indy wrapped the turban around his hat....and judging but the narrow look of it in the vid maybe that's what he did. Maybe you need to wrap the turban around the hat so it flares correctly.

Here's a rough comparison of what looks very off on the head sculpt. The ear lobe is wider, the cheekbones are more pronounced the face is not as straight as it should be has a bit fatter outline. The lips are bigger and more oval and the bottom part of the nose (no idea what that's called) is much shorter.

hfhgy.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Not to mention the lips don't open and he doesn't talk, there is a clear lack of realistic earwax, and eyebrow #45 is waayyy to long, it needs to be shorter, closer to #23's length...just sayin :monkey3

Not to mention the lips don't open and he doesn't talk, there is a clear lack of realistic earwax, and eyebrow #45 is waayyy to long, it needs to be shorter, closer to #23's length...just sayin :monkey3

I missed eyebrow #45 ;)

The sculpt is much fatter overall than Ford was back then and, as karamazov pointed out, the cheekbones greatly affect the likeness.

Don't forget abou that left nostril ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of SS's Indy but, as someone said before, the headsculpt looks almost like more of a caricature of Harrison Ford.

I always thought Indy wrapped the turban around his hat....and judging but the narrow look of it in the vid maybe that's what he did. Maybe you need to wrap the turban around the hat so it flares correctly.

I also see wrong the way that turbant looks on the ht figure . I have time a lot thinking how I can get that correctly.

I have mine with the shape to screen match to the film over first Arnie Kim Indy sculpt

6258820518_1e89cc117d_b.jpg

Clipper, if you read this: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! It's awesome that you did a special follow-up just to review the Tanis disguise for those of us who are diggin' it - there's a reason you're called "king" :clap

Love the outfit, with mild futzing, it will be a thing of beauty! Especially love the way Clipper lit the face from below, literally gave me a chill - reminded me of the lighting when the Well of Souls lights up - awesome! Wonder if there's a way to get that effect in a Map Room enviro?

Oh, also like the hat tipped back look. Indy does wear his hat like that when he's in a more casual mood and it looks very 1940's Americana that way. My enthusiasm for this figure is re-energized once more! :yess:

Its Hot Toys' own fault, really. They spoiled us by making each new release more perfect than any other that came before :) If this came out a couple years ago, we'd be kneeling in awe of the figure. Then again, we'd also be paying $130 for it. When one has to shell out a fifth of one's salary for a doll ( :) ), one is entitled to demand near perfection one got used to.

Don't forget to circle the improperly placed drops of sweat- his inaccurate eyelash lengths and not enough lip wrinkles..These "experts" are just full of something and it isn't knowlefge!
GIVE IT A FREAKIN' REST

Back