HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why anyone would doubt you - you have some of the best custom Indys on these boards and an eye for detail that is remarkable.

Thank you. I have an exact replica Steets of Cairo Shubert hat, exact copy down to the weathering. If anyone from Hot Toys wants to send me a PM, they can borrow it for as long as they need it.

The goal should be the best product possible.

And by the way, look just how good the "Good Looking Indy" looks.
Amazing!:

photo-96.jpg

photo-97.jpg

photo-107.jpg

photo-110.jpg

Thanks for sharing this valuable information, I'm sure some of us will benefit from it.

I'm still not convinced the sculpt looks good. Yes, I do see a little fleeting glimpse of Ford here and there in a few shots. And these recent in-hand shots definitely make him look better. But I still don't think he's at the level that Hot Toys is currently outputting, like Superman and Sweeney Todd, especially at the price they're charging.

HOWEVER

I am being swayed slightly by how good he looks overall. He definitely has great details and proportions, and really looks like it's a person shrunk down to 12". I am really on the brink, whereas before I was completely 100% NOT going to get him. Now I am wavering. Damn you all! :cuss

Well, whatever's going on... it looks like SS customers are getting the one that Dsokyras' already received.

I'm more than cool with that. Can't wait! :yess::yess::yess:

2011-10-18203907.jpg

2011-10-18204931.jpg

2011-10-19021627-1.jpg

2011-10-18210942.jpg

2011-10-19015449.jpg

Well, whatever's going on... it looks like SS customers are getting the one that Dsokyras' already received.

I'm more than cool with that. Can't wait! :yess::yess::yess:

I like the way he looks in your pics Butters. Thank you!

Thanks :) Now what Hot Toys needs to do to fix this problem is announce there are some heads which throw the likeness off and that is why so many photo's don't show the true likeness..blah blah blah.

Then they need to tell everyone they are working on re-doing the sculpt and fixing the production issues and will replace everyones head who is not happy with it for free.

I will place an order for one of these if Hot Toys does that since I would love to display this next to the Superman, Captain, Joker and 89 Bats. And Batmobile which I need you guys to put up for pre-order.

Agreed. That is only fair.

Hot Toys is a great company, I am sure that Howard will understand. He is a stand up business man and we all respect him.

He will do the right thing.

Superman,

You were just looking out for us.

I for one say Thank You.

Thanks faststreetsofhongkong, that means a lot coming from you.

So its looking like they're are two different heads? A fixed one that looks better and one thats kind of eh?

oh man i didnt know about this head problem. will hot toys replace my indi heads if i get bloated ver.?

so does anyone know were the good batch of indis is coming from?
sideshowcollectibles? this sucks

It appears to me based on those comparison shots that some heads looks closer to the prototype than others (could be "batches," could be random production variation). Main difference being the hat isn't way on the top of his head like it was in the promotional pics. I'm not sure that that negates the criticisms of likeness on the better looking sculpts, but it does appear that some of the earlier pics had the wonkier looking sculpt. OMG's pics look to have the better sculpt, though the PERS is messed up.

Back