HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting developments regarding the sculpt. I may reconsider getting this guy if the head sculpt is indeed improved for the Americas batch.

You get yours from Sideshow?

A couple more pics...I'll post some more tomorrow :)

2011-10-19021627-1.jpg

2011-10-18210942.jpg

2011-10-19015449.jpg

I don't think they tweaked the sculpt. I think these are just normal kinds or variations in the final product because of a batch of plastic (or whatever) that might have dried funny or gotten misshapen in the mold. Or if they use different molds, that the molds were not 100% equal when they were constructed.

Really those differences are so minor, normally no-one would notice. But because the sculpt is debatably off, even the slightest variation will make or break the likeness.

There you go with the debatable again. Tell me one Headsculpt that is not debatable?

What is going on here?I see the pic posted on HT's facebook wall with the 2 headsculpts and the improved one looks so much better,that sucks.

That is quite an improvement, and extremely ballsy! :clap

It definitely was ballsy, and a noticeable improvement.

:slap

Wonder how HT will respond, if at all?

Talk about roll-of-the-dice on a $250.

I gave them a heads up as to how they should respond earlier in this thread. They need to do the right thing here and replace sculpts of people who are unhappy with theirs free of charge. Simple as that. Since there are people with good sculpts that wouldn't want to change it for an improved one, Hot Toys only has to change a few perhaps.

That's what I assume, he carved out the eye sockets and the one on the left seems to have larger eye sockets. Doesn't look horrible, I just prefer the smaller eyes.

:slap

Wonder how HT will respond, if at all?

Talk about roll-of-the-dice on a $250.

It is a roll of the dice big time. I wonder if anyone will lose their mind and go way over the top with what they say like what happened in the Rogue PF thread.

I'm really warming up to getting this but I'm not sure I want to roll the dice.

Back