HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Precisely, you have to go back to page 86 and read from there. That happened this morning. He saw 4 that were different and picked the one with the thinnest looking face to buy. All must have been from the same batch and factory, so it has to be the drying process of the mold when it is removed from the casting that depends how it looks. Once a mold dries, there is no fixing it unless re-heated which would damage the paint job. I see Craze's pictures and even though they are great quality pictures, I just don't see Indy in any of those. To me it looks too much like the prototype which I don't like.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101581&page=86

I just don't see Ford in this pic below. The eyes look off as well as the nose. It is the same with the prototype for me.This is probably one of the good ones for jaw proportion though.

10.jpg

tumblr_ldpmh9GlJC1qzh0wto1_250.gif

Don't see you no more. IGNORE

Is that true? Can you not heat with a blowdryer and reshape to a degree -- or at least let it settle to its proper form? Maybe warm water is a safer bet?

I would not want to damage the PERS or the paint, but a little heat sometimes puts things right back where they should be.

I'm pretty sure you could heat it with a blow dryer and reshape it, however would you attempt that with a $250 figure? I'm betting Hot Toys comes up with a process to get a good sculpt if yours suffers from a misshapen sculpt.

Thanks for the additional pics, dsokyra. :rock

And, Craze, your pics are great. And if he looks better in person than in your pics allow me to be the first to say it: home run. Not a 420 foot grand slam, but at least a nice line drive off Pesky's Pole. :yess:

Oh, and this thread could really use some Kryptonite.

Didn't on mine either, but when tried to order it, it popped up sold out. But try it anyways, never know when they might restock.

It's back right now, but I expect it to be gone again in an hour. They must be checking with Sideshow multiple times per day, either that or they're charging cards and when one is declined they cancel the order and it pops back up on their site. I remember waffling on purchasing Iron Man Mk I, watching it pop up and selling out at Alter Ego numerous times over the course of 2 or 3 days.

Back