HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would suck (the CA tax!) but I envy you for living so close to such an awesome store! :p

Awesome? It's torture. My figure starts so close I could almost touch it -- then it has to leave California and I have to wait for it to arrive elsewhere in another state just for it to come back to me here, 20 miles from Sideshow's warehouse.

:D

I was nervous about the whip, but I like it now. The handle isn't accurate and it's a bit thick, but the rest coils nicely and feels as well as looks about right for a good 1/6 scale whip. After looking at all the photos again I think the head sculpt on my figure is fuller in apperance than what I see in dsokrya's photos... so there may be differences in the figures from box to box???

You wouldn't say...

I had to repeat what I said for you guys that simply would never acknowledge there where any issue's, and for those not sure why they couldn't see a likeness. Few people go back and read any message a few pages back. All of you criticizing for repetition have repeated over how great the sculpt is while denouncing anyone with a varying opinion, not just me. I just happen to be a part of this thread for the majority of the morning when faststreet came out with his photo's which he didn't have to do, however he was looking out for all of us here. Even then 10 pages later and people had forgotten about his posts or didn't read them, so back to square one.

bizzaro.jpg
07-minister.jpg

Awesome? It's torture. My figure starts so close I could almost touch it -- then it has to leave California and I have to wait for it to arrive elsewhere in another state just for it to come back to me here, 20 miles from Sideshow's warehouse.

:D

I'm 38 miles from Thousand Oaks. :monkey1

Last edited:
Wow. Are you kidding me?

I went on day one. The ones (yes multiple) that I saw looked terrible. I took pics of one of those, posted everyone hated my pics.

Went back on day two, saw a different one in a different shop, looked great, posted pics of that one.

DECIDED TO GET THE FIGURE.

Had my pick of several (three to be precise, as the guy had broken down four and had already sold one loose head).
Got my Indy.

Went back again yesterday, looking for an extra hat, and this same guy had broken down one, and was going to break down another, hence the new pics showing the size differences. That is why I took pics with the "Big Head Indy" on both the left and right side of the "Good Looking Indy", to clearly prove that it isn't lighting or angle.

I know that pissed some people off when I proved them wrong with photographic proof, but my goal isn't a pissing contest online, my goal is that we all get the best product possible, and, in the end, I am sure that we all will.

I like this figure (in it's best incarnations). I bought this figure.

The fact is I have now seen many of these in person, took pictures of two yesterday on different position (left & right), and even put them in different lighting to prove the point beyond a shadow (no pun intended) of a doubt.

Anyone who still wants to come after me after I post proof, that's fine, but that has nothing to do with facts, that is simply online bullying, which is very 2002. Wake up to 2011, it is a bad financial situation for many people, we all need to look out for each other as we invest our hard earned dollars in products. That's all.

Thank you for what you did. :)

Is it just me, or is there some kind of pact in between the same 3-4 yaysayers? whithin seconds, the same 3-4 gang up on anyone that doesnt agree with them.

Faststreets,
Thanks for the pics. There is something obviously diffrent in the sculpts, ala john conner.

Is it just me or do the naysayers just keep regurgitating the same complaints over and over again...you don't like it, WE GET IT...and that's totally cool with me. I like the figure, I paid the $200, and IMO it was worth it. You don't like it? Great, don't buy it. Problem solved. No need to keep defending your decision not to buy it. WE ALL GET IT.

Is it just me, or is there some kind of pact in between the same 3-4 yaysayers? whithin seconds, the same 3-4 gang up on anyone that doesnt agree with them.

Faststreets,
Thanks for the pics. There is something obviously diffrent in the sculpts, ala john conner.

I happen to agree. And none of them have seen the sculpts in person like I have and definitely not like fastreet has. dsokyra Thanks for the pics. You are not one of the people I am referring to. However that doesn't matter, I have said many times before I am glad that many like this sculpt, and am hoping more people get good ones.

What I and faststreetsofhongkong have done is simply point out that there is factual evidence that there are varying sculpts floating around. We are still waiting on an official statement by Hot Toys. Until then, we have to do what we have to do and that is to inform people on this forum of what is going on. It is the right thing to do.

And I do care what happens since I do want to buy one of these if I can be confirmed a good sculpt, or at least a promise for an exchange for a good one from Hot Toys directly.

I do not have the luxury of going to a store that is willing to open up multiple packages in order to allow me to choose a good one as faststreetsofhongkong did. If I did I would be lined up at that store right now.

Last edited:
I have no need to continue in this thread. I hope all of you enjoy your Indy.

You've posted at least 10-20 times in this thread since then... The same stuff over and over again. THAT is peoples' issue with you, not that you don't like the figure. You're embarrassing yourself and you obviously aren't aware of it, or just don't care. You have zero credibility in this discussion now. None.

Is it just me or do the naysayers just keep regurgitating the same complaints over and over again...you don't like it, WE GET IT...and that's totally cool with me. I like the figure, I paid the $200, and IMO it was worth it. You don't like it? Great, don't buy it. Problem solved. No need to keep defending your decision not to buy it. WE ALL GET IT.

Is it just me or do the yaysayers just keep regurgitating the same things over and over again... you like it, WE GET IT...and that's totally cool with me. You like it? Great, buy it. Problem solved. No need to keep defending your decision to buy it. WE ALL GET IT.

Is it just me or do the yaysayers just keep regurgitating the same things over and over again... you like it, WE GET IT...and that's totally cool with me. You like it? Great, buy it. Problem solved. No need to keep defending your decision to buy it. WE ALL GET IT.

Lame bro, lame.

The point being, if you don't like it, then why be on the thread? That's why the mods shut down the other thread...people beating a dead horse who weren't even buying the figure...they just wanna hear themselves talk.

Back